Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Beatles: Rock Band

Beach boys songs with three part harmonies would be nice....

Agreed, wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long.

There's only two things I want after The Beatles from any franchise (are you listening, Harmonix or Activilesion?): Rock Band/Guitar Hero: Bowie and Rock Band/Guitar Hero: Electric Six.

P.S. I finally have a gold account! (Waiting for RB2 to come in the mail though.) I moved to Chicago, and the 360 was my old roommate's, so I just bought one, etc. etc. We should play RB2 when I get it!

That would be awesome!

I had a moment of total protonic reversal in GAME recently after claiming that you could never get me to buy a plastic guitar peripheral, as I own a real guitar and any time spent away from that in favour of a 'toy' version would be a betrayal to my future self. And yet there I was sat on the train platform with a bloody huge box containing Guitar Hero Metallica. Several downloads and a cheap copy of Rock Band later I've hit what I like to call the Bowie wall. I'm not so much playing Suffragette City on hard as blaggin my way through it and once its over, its not really over going into some absurd pattern that if played correctly would open a hell mouth and then fretboard is ripped away and Bowies laughter echoes from my surround sound speakers.

I want after The Beatles from any franchise (are you listening, Harmonix or Activilesion?): Rock Band/Guitar Hero: Bowie

This would be a very dark day indeed.

Don't get me wrong, only Bowie would be able to play RB: Bowie properly, but I still want it so I can rape the hell out of those songs on the mic.

As long as it's all pre 80's Bowie, I'm in :)

Aw, harsh. Scary Monsters is a great album, and I stand by Outside and Heathen. There are worse albums than those in his 70s output.

Also - they'd need to throw in at least the album version of 'China Girl', for the Stevie Ray Vaughan guitar solo, to appease those who care about such things.

But, wow, a Bowie Rock Band would be quite interesting. And would they then throw in Mott the Hoople, Iggy Pop/Stooges and Lou Reed songs, too?

Aw, harsh. Scary Monsters is a great album, and I stand by Outside and Heathen. There are worse albums than those in his 70s output.

Also - they'd need to throw in at least the album version of 'China Girl', for the Stevie Ray Vaughan guitar solo, to appease those who care about such things.

But, wow, a Bowie Rock Band would be quite interesting. And would they then throw in Mott the Hoople, Iggy Pop/Stooges and Lou Reed songs, too?

Yeah, 90s Bowie doesn't get enough credit. They could probably also throw in NIN since he toured with them during the Outside era and TV on the Radio since he sang backing vocals on one of their songs.

The only thing bad about a RB: Bowie game is that none of the songs from Low would work that well gameplay wise and that's one of his best albums.

I'm all for 70s Bowie, but each of the eras has its own flavour. The 80s had Scary Monsters, Let's Dance and other greats (though admittedly also some less good stuff), the 90s had a totally new groove: from the danciness of Little Wonder to the melancholy of the entire Heathen CD.

My conclusion: bring it on! The full discography ;)

Yeah, 90s Bowie doesn't get enough credit. They could probably also throw in NIN since he toured with them during the Outside era and TV on the Radio since he sang backing vocals on one of their songs.

The only thing bad about a RB: Bowie game is that none of the songs from Low would work that well gameplay wise and that's one of his best albums.

Reznor mix of I'm Afraid of Americans would be the no-brainer, I suppose. And, yeah, if they want to keep it up to date, they could throw in the TV On the Radio and Arcade Fire - but their styles aren't very Rock Band either.

(As I side point, I really hope he gets off his arse soon and does a new album with David Sitek producing)

Hehe. Cool to see so many Bowie fans. I've only recently got into him (but only the stuff on either side of the 80s). I totally agree that Scary Monsters is a good album, but just about everything else from the 80s I can leave :)

I do like a lot of this 90's stuff (Jump They Say, Little Wonder, etc) and 2000's Heathen is supposed to be excellent. I just haven't found anything I can listen to 1981 to 1992(?).

Haha, shagadelic. It seems every popstar/band has to start out making vapid love songs before they get a chance to do something interesting? Hm, that's not entirely correct. But well. Little interest there, in any case. Bring on the Major Tom already ;)

Well, everyone needs to start somewhere, he was 20 around then. And flashes of his more whimsical, twee period crop up all over the place - from Kooks to Everyone Says Hi and his 80s pop singles (Modern Love). And, well, the campiness just needs a little more coke, cock and rock, and you have Ziggy Stardust.

Another song suggestion - Under Pressure. One of my favourite songs by both Bowie and Queen.

I managed to get 100% on Medium Guitar last night playing Hey, Johnny Park so I'd say I'm ready! I give casual a bad name...

Man, you have no idea how good some of the guys on this forum are... 100% on medium? I believe Miffy and TommyGun have both completed everything on Expert. Also, I know (at least) N0wak is pretty awesome, too. They shame the rest of us.

I believe Miffy and TommyGun have both completed everything on Expert.

5 stars on most (like, all but 2) of them too! Actually, I haven't played for a while. I've pretty much moved over to drums now, which is much more challenging, but still (mostly) doable on expert. And please don't misconstrue my first sentence. I don't mean it to be a boast, just a joking poke at people. If you're having fun with it, that's the whole damn point. It's for that reason that I gave up on Guitar Hero completely. No fun, just challenge. For all I care, the score junkies can have that franchise.

I went through all of Rock Band on expert drums and guitar, but I don't think I played through all of Rock Band 2. As I recall there wasn't as straightforward a single-player career mode thing. I could be wrong though? I don't really remember.