Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Beatles: Rock Band

That was indeed awesome.

But why didn't they revise the Rockband title/logo to use the same font as the Beatles logo? They clash badly now.

I just wish they'd used the same 2D style for the in-game stuff. ;( Really underwhelmed by the 3D charcter models and stuff.

That was indeed awesome.

But why didn't they revise the Rockband title/logo to use the same font as the Beatles logo? They clash badly now.

Because a logo is a logo. If you've seen the rock band logo as it is now a few times, you probably simply recognize the shape on sight as "Rock Band" without even reading it. If they change the shape of it around, they'll lose that, even if a cursory glance would reveal.

Not saying it wouldn't potentially be cool if they did that. I like when companies screw with their logos and branding from product to product -- it makes it feel a bit more like they care, to me -- but I can understand why they don't all the time.

Also in this particular case, I don't mind if there is some aesthetic clash between the Beatles logo and the Rock Band logo.

I have watched that thing five times now and the ending is still just mind-bogglingly fantastic. Hell, I would pre-order that game this instant if I knew the visuals would be like that. And I'm not at all into Beatles (and not a huge fan of rhythm games either for that matter).

I also watched this like 20 times. I especially love everything starting from the escalator.

Yeah, not a huge Beatles fan at all*, but the animation with it really pulled me in to the music. Excellent.

* I really, really want Rock Band Electric Six ¬¬

My only worry about the game, coming from the point of view of someone who exclusively plays drums in Rock Band and nothing else, that the game isn't going to offer any sort of challenge at all. Not that a challenge is the only thing I'm looking for in a rhythm game, obviously the appeal of playing Beatles tracks with friends is enough to get me to buy it. But still, it's a concern of mine.

(Not to get into a whole "Is Ringo a good drummer" discussion, it's just that most Beatles songs are pretty basic in the rhythm department.)

Trailer is indeed amazing though.

On the other hand, speaking as someone who enjoys playing the drums in rhythm games but who is pretty much downright awful at them, this might be right up my alley.

I'm with you, Horticulture Tycoon. I used to play the guitar primarily, and I'm still pretty good with it when I need to be, but I just find the drums so much more fun. For me, the quality of a Rock Band game will come down to how fun the drums are to play, so I'm waiting for word on that one.

As someone who has never owned, touched, or been interested in buying a plastic musical instrument, I can safely say that I will be buying this when it comes out. Further discussion with my girlfriend cemented this fact and I'm looking forward to hooking my similarly-minded friends into playing with us.

With that said, is it possible to play entire albums with games like this? That would be the icing on the cake, although I imagine it's more likely to be just single tracks.

Any word on when this game based on a British band will be coming out in the UK? Will we have the usual 2-year wait as with other Rock Band games? :hmph:

With that said, is it possible to play entire albums with games like this? That would be the icing on the cake, although I imagine it's more likely to be just single tracks.

Entire albums are sometimes available :tup: (thumbs up)

Oh wow, that was great. Love how they captured the journey the Beatles made, their descent into wonderful madness; freaking awesome. And the visual style... raawrrrr!

I hope they include the time that the early band spent playing in Hamburg strip clubs. It was those all-night gigs that made them good, you know?

No one mentioned the best part: three-part harmonies! As an RB drummer I still worry it'll be too easy, but I'd buy it for the singing alone.

No one mentioned the best part: three-part harmonies! As an RB drummer I still worry it'll be too easy, but I'd buy it for the singing alone.

Holy crap! Long time no see! What's the harmony bit all about? I saw it mentioned in the videos, but I don't get it.

That opening cinematic makes me wish for a Beatles Adventure game.

Totaly agreed, and welcome, and I like your avatar.

That opening cinematic makes me wish for a Beatles Adventure game.

Ahahaha, I would totally go for that. That would be amazing (assuming it's not developed by David Cage).

Holy crap! Long time no see! What's the harmony bit all about? I saw it mentioned in the videos, but I don't get it.

Well to put it simply, three people can sing at once. There are three vocal lines running at the top in different colors, and apparently it doesn't matter who sings which part, as long as someone is singing each of them. NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY THE LIPS BUNDLE WITH 2 WIRELESS MICS.

P.S. I finally have a gold account! (Waiting for RB2 to come in the mail though.) I moved to Chicago, and the 360 was my old roommate's, so I just bought one, etc. etc. We should play RB2 when I get it!

Still looking forward to the game

Beach boys songs with three part harmonies would be nice....