Man, I can't wait till I can see Snatch.
What's preventing you?

What's preventing you?

Well, two things really. One, I don't have it. Two, it's rated R. A friend of mine has it, but he no longer lives here. He actually did show me different parts of it though. :shifty:

But clearly you could say that for any cast member. Why him?

Keep asking, keep trying to draw the answer you want out of him :) Troll!

Well, two things really. One, I don't have it. Two, it's rated R. A friend of mine has it, but he no longer lives here. He actually did show me different parts of it though. :shifty:
I don't get it. :blink: You're seventeen now.

R(small)-01.gif

Keep asking, keep trying to draw the answer you want out of him :) Troll!

I already have.

I don't get it. :blink: You're seventeen now.

R(small)-01.gif

Yeah, I know. For some reason my dad seems to have some personal conviction against R rated movies, which is all fine and good for him. I mean, if he wants to miss out on some of the best movies, that's completely up to him, but I hate how he imposes it on me too. Oh well, I've onlyg got less than a year of it left to go. Since graduating in 2003, my brother acquired quite a good collection of DVDs inculding a bunch of R rated films that I want to see. So, next summer we're probably going to hang out a lot watching them. Can't wait.

Ohhh man :) Anyone know which books they are basing this movie on? One of them? All of them? A select few of them? None of them? The Bible? Nancy Drew? I've read through The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe so far... Still in the middle of Life, the Universe and Everything... Got chills down my spine as I was watching the trailer... ahhhhhh :woohoo:

I already have.

Looking at the IMDB, it's amazing to me how outright racist (there I said it) people are talking about this casting choice. If you're going to argue that Adams said something in the 3rd novel about Prefect looking like a bronzed country star (feel free to call me on this; I'm recalling from my hazy memory) and that means he can't be black, first of all, you're too far down the nerd curve and need to take it a little less seriously and second, think about what you're saying and tell me that isn't the definition of racism. [/High and mighty vent OFF]

On a more innocuous note, does anybody know what happened to the Hitchhiker's game that was in production awhile back? It looked a little too platformy or FPS-like for my tastes, but I'm still curious about what happened to it.

Yeah, damn those Infocom people and all that action they're always sneaking in ;)

(Seriously, though, was there another?)

Yeah, damn those Infocom people and all that action they're always sneaking in ;)

(Seriously, though, was there another?)

Yes there was another in development (C'mon, do platform, FPS and Infocom belong in the same sentence? Give me some credit.). You had an Arthur Dent avatar and you ran around snapping your towel at aliens (presumably). I remember that the developers said that they were almost done with the game when Douglas Adams died. I don't know if that put a monkey wrench in the whole thing or what. I want to say this game was being developed in Europe but that's all I can recall about it today.

DEN_0002.JPG

http://www.gamerspress.com/dspreviews.php?id=129

http://sstwordsmith2.tripod.com/Phase3/project_hhg.html

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=3720

http://www.womengamers.com/e3/2001/e32001p2.html [They apparently even have a clip from the game on this on.]

There's tons of more stuff about it on Google. So, I won't link to any more of it. If you want to read more just look here.

shot2.jpg

Yeah, I know. For some reason my dad seems to have some personal conviction against R rated movies, which is all fine and good for him. I mean, if he wants to miss out on some of the best movies, that's completely up to him, but I hate how he imposes it on me too. Oh well, I've onlyg got less than a year of it left to go. Since graduating in 2003, my brother acquired quite a good collection of DVDs inculding a bunch of R rated films that I want to see. So, next summer we're probably going to hang out a lot watching them. Can't wait.

If it's legal for you to purchase the movies and watch the movies, why don't you just do that now?

:period:

shot2.jpg

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. And judging by the info on those sites, they're a little late on their early 2002 deadline. I assume it's been canned.