hey guys, due to the fact that i'm living in germany, all i would get by purchacing left for dead or the current deal (l4d+l4d2) is a cut version of the game.

My question is: could anyone gift me the left 4 dead deal (10€, i guess its $15 over there in the US?!) and I send him back his money via paypal. (any other suggestions?!)

I know I'm relatively new here, but I hope someone could help me in this specific case.

thanks,

markus

We love you too Cory, but don't tell lies, we know that you always sleep in the basement on a bed of straw.

Fingers crossed for a Sunday zombfest then.

I can neither confirm nor deny my sleeping on a bed of straw.

Hey,

yeah so I buckled under the awesomeness that was the offer for left 4 dead 1 & 2 and am currently downloading it on steam. so it would be really great if I could arrange with some people to play it through with, or what would you guys suggest. should I play it solo first to get the story and stuff and then play it with others, or should I just dive right in on the multiplayer and not give much care to the story??

suggestions welcome :)

btw my steam ID is llanikeibo

I bought it today too, and have it mostly downloaded in spite of Steam's best efforts to keep my download perpetually 'paused'.

Add me

I played a lot of the original. It's a multiplayer game at heart, playing it alone is like playing Unreal Tournament alone. There was barely a story.

I bought it today too, and have it mostly downloaded in spite of Steam's best efforts to keep my download perpetually 'paused'.

Add me

I played a lot of the original. It's a multiplayer game at heart, playing it alone is like playing Unreal Tournament alone. There was barely a story.

Added :)

Also, point taken. I had an annoying experience with Borderlands on PS3, I played about half way through the game on my own and thought of trying the online co-op only to find that everyone on there wanted to just rush through the game. It really wasn't what I was looking for when playing online.

hey guys, due to the fact that i'm living in germany, all i would get by purchacing left for dead or the current deal (l4d+l4d2) is a cut version of the game.

My question is: could anyone gift me the left 4 dead deal (10€, i guess its $15 over there in the US?!) and I send him back his money via paypal. (any other suggestions?!)

I know I'm relatively new here, but I hope someone could help me in this specific case.

thanks,

markus

Add me on Steam and shoot me a message if you still need it, http://steamcommunity.com/id/jeffmoeller

edit: also the deal ends in like 3 hours I think so sorry if this is too late.

Edited by Moelman

I probably ought to play The Sacrifice at least once, so I might try to join in on some non-full thing if I see one. I had no idea about No Mercy being ported to 2 until I happened across it last night, so I gave that a go solo. It was pretty fun to go through my most familiar campaign with a cricket bat.

I probably ought to play The Sacrifice at least once, so I might try to join in on some non-full thing if I see one. I had no idea about No Mercy being ported to 2 until I happened across it last night, so I gave that a go solo. It was pretty fun to go through my most familiar campaign with a cricket bat.

I'm not really sure how many of us will be there on Sunday. But it looks like there could be more than a full versus game worth of Thumbs. So someone might need to start up a regular campaign game and people can decide what they want too do.

So 8pm BST tomorrow? I might be around, if you're doing a versus game or there are multiples of 4 willing to shoot through a campaign. Depends on work, though.

I'll DEFINITELY be there - it looks like this will be a real good sesh of gameage... Just like the old days!

- Will Patters be there to shoot people in the face and abuse them? I do miss the old banter!

LoL

I'd kind of rather do campaign first anyway. That said, I do want to try that tank mutator thing that's happening at the moment I think.

Yeah, I like the sound of that too. I dont want to play with any old randomers though - I think thats a definite Thumbs situation!

- Will Patters be there to shoot people in the face and abuse them? I do miss the old banter!

LoL

No. Patters unfortunately will be recovering from juggalo camp.

Okay, so going from the Sacrifice to No Mercy I had 3 realizations. The first, is that the non-DLC campaigns are way too fucking long for my taste. The second being that I don't like ANY of the campaign finales. The third and final being that it was really awesome to play with you guys again!

We really should invest in a game again so we can all play together. I'm still holding out a large hope for Brink, personally! Otherwise it's probably going to be L4D3. :mock:

Okay, so going from the Sacrifice to No Mercy I had 3 realizations. The first, is that the non-DLC campaigns are way too fucking long for my taste. The second being that I don't like ANY of the campaign finales. The third and final being that it was really awesome to play with you guys again!

We really should invest in a game again so we can all play together. I'm still holding out a large hope for Brink, personally! Otherwise it's probably going to be L4D3. :mock:

Yea, its quite depressing to know tha chances are we wont have a solid game we play every week like left 4 dead or battlefield. Im definitely picking up brink.

Looks like a reskinned Bad Company 2, so I'm not at all interested in that. Same annoyances and the same gameplay.

Bad Company 2 is the best shooter on the market right now imo. I don't really care if it's just a reskin. New content in that gorgeous engine is a great thing

Regardless whether it's "the best" or not, I'm bored with it and want something new.

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

Make you hollaaaaa for dollaaaaaaaaaa

:tup:

We gotta find something we can do some community gameage on??? Preferably without buying any new games yet as the spodoolicks are a little scarce right now...

:grin:

It's not strictly multiplayer I suppose, but you guys really need to try this weeks Mutation, it's a blast.

1 player, Common and BOomers only, but 4 hits kills you and all you get is a magnum!