Hmm, so... it seems Valve are offering a mere £3 off the price of L4D2 at pre-order, with no specific discount for people who already own the original (slight pang of disappointment).

Looking at the 4-pack though and thinking £20.25 each at the pre-order price is a steal. Realistically, how do-able is it to coordinate buying something like this amongst fellow forumites? I'm sure a few Thumbs have done it before with the original L4D..?

Looking at the 4-pack though and thinking £20.25 each at the pre-order price is a steal. Realistically, how do-able is it to coordinate buying something like this amongst fellow forumites? I'm sure a few Thumbs have done it before with the original L4D..?

I suppose it is doable. One person in the group of four, buys it and the others pay their share to that person, through paypal or something.

Looking at the savings in CAD, I am interested. If other forum members (preferably regular L4ders) are also interested in saving some money, we should discuss this further soon. I have no idea when this promotion might end, but sooner we get this done...

I actually opened up steam today and saw the promotion, was going to instantly preorder it, but my PC crashed at that very moment. Fate?:eek:

Yo fellas, remember me? I'm fully and wholly keen on a purchase party if you need manpower.

Steam has restricted me from purchasing their shit (IP doesn't match credit card country!!!!!!!!!!!), yet PayPal still works splendidly.

"They don't want my money" has never rung truer.

I'm also here to tell you that I'll be back in a month, and after 3 months with a busted DS and some Peggle on a busted Macbook, I am ready for some of that digital murder!

I was thinking what could the next mode for L4D2 be and I got an idea. It could be survival and versus modes combined. And if this would hapen, it would be one of the examples for raping on internet...:)

I'd be in on this. So that makes 4? Me, you (wrestle), Scratch and Grippage?

How would this work? Can one person buy the package and give away all four games, or only three of them?

What if I already have the game and buy the four pack? Huh? WHAT THEN?!

Are you trying to break Steam?? TRYING TO BREAK IT AND STOP US FROM PLAYING L4D2?! CAUSE I THINK YOU ARE. :crazy:

You're officially on notice, you sassy sensations Robinson! I got my eye on you.

I guess that if you choose the "This is a gift" option, you'd be able to gift all 4 of them. Are you that generous?

I refer everyone to Toblix, in case you want to request a free copy of Left 4 Dead 2.

For this feat of amazing social engineering, I need nothing in return. You are all welcome.

Okay, let's see.

It seems to me I can't buy it as a gift since it's not out yet.

I'd be in on this. So that makes 4? Me, you (wrestle), Scratch and Grippage?

Is that official? I am willing to go ahead and buy the pack, but I need to be sure of all the members in the group. I also need some sort of proper confirmation that you are all infact participating.

Also, I have Wrestle and Suspect on my friends list, I need Grippage's steam ID for this to work.

Is that official? I am willing to go ahead and buy the pack, but I need to be sure of all the members in the group. I also need some sort of proper confirmation that you are all infact participating.

100%. I'm guessing bank transfer would be too long with you being in Canada, are we going PayPal? Or, how do you want funds?

Are you trying to break Steam?? TRYING TO BREAK IT AND STOP US FROM PLAYING L4D2?! CAUSE I THINK YOU ARE. :crazy:

toblix (aka toeblix) already broke Steam once.

Do not taunt him a second time...

100%. I'm guessing bank transfer would be too long with you being in Canada, are we going PayPal? Or, how do you want funds?

I don't like PayPal (piss-poor interface), but it's probably the most sensible option given the international boundaries.

I already have a PayPal account, so it shouldn't be a problem. Is that OK with you, Scratch?

I know from personal experience that when you transfer funds to foreign accounts, there are fees involved*, running up to 10 or even 20 dollars — on both ends.

I kind of assumed that you avoid this fee if you use PayPal.

*I know this because I am a foreign terrorist with an Arabic accent, driving around in slick black vehicles transferring "the funds" left and right.

Paypal is alright with me. I don't see another alternative other than traditional transfer which would obviously take more time and have other additional charges.

I am at work right now, I'll probably buy it when I get home later (if I remember that is). I'll update you guys with the details when it's done.

It JUST occurred to me that the reason I'm not able to see the price of L4D2 on Steam is that it's banned in this country.

It JUST occurred to me that the reason I'm not able to see the price of L4D2 on Steam is that it's banned in this country.

It's banned in norway? Weird. Or are you in Australia now? Wouldn't the ban prevent me from gifting it to you or does it not affect purchases made this way?

I suppose we won't know until it's all done.