Sign in to follow this  
tabacco

New version of the main site!

Yes, it looks exactly the same as the old site, but there's a completely new backend powering the main site and the feeds system now. As with anything new, there might be some bugs lurking around, so if you find anything not working right, please post something here so Jake or Chris or I can fix it!

(By the way, the 'Lower Regions' aren't available at the moment, but we have Plans to get that content back online soon)

Edited by tabacco

Can I be a whiny bitch and ask for alt + title attributes on the image tags?

And the style element goes inside the <head>-tag. It also needs a type="text/css" attribute. You might also want to add a <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> to the head of the body. You've also got some unclosed or double closed td-elements somewhere. There are other things wrong with the html. But I'll stop now :getmecoat

I was about to post this question and realized how fucking angry it sounded, I might therefore want to stress that it is purely naive :)

Why did you change it to make it the same ?

Can I be a whiny bitch and ask for alt + title attributes on the image tags?

And the style element goes inside the <head>-tag. It also needs a type="text/css" attribute. You might also want to add a <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> to the head of the body. You've also got some unclosed or double closed td-elements somewhere. There are other things wrong with the html. But I'll stop now :getmecoat

Address all HTML questions to Jake ;)

(That said, I reworked the CSS and added your precious content-type tag :))

I was about to post this question and realized how fucking angry it sounded, I might therefore want to stress that it is purely naive :)

Why did you change it to make it the same ?

Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it hasn't changed massively under the hood ;)

Jake and Chris were updating the HTML by hand before, and now there's a database driven CMS underneath it all.

Edited by tabacco

Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it hasn't changed massively under the hood ;)

Jake and Chris were updating the HTML by hand before, and now there's a database driven CMS underneath it all.

So it's because it's easier to use now :) Thank you !

the direct mp3 download links in the archive are broken

Have you tried dancing naked in front of something else?

the direct mp3 download links in the archive are broken

Whoops, fixed!

Have you tried dancing naked in front of something else?

Yeah, it has an effect on pretty much everything and person that's why I asked why it doesn't work on the site...

You know what they say about macs... It's for designers, artsy people, graphic artists... Yeah, my computer might actually be gay and enjoying it !

Don't worry I'm root and admin on my computer…

If such a thing exists, that was a geek joke.

It seems that the RSS-feed isn't working either. But that could also be just me.

The RSS feed is a little scrambled in Google Reader, though the feedburner one seems okay (because it only lists episodes, not podblasts?).

Pardon the AR, but the title attribute for the title image (images/minipod_title.gif) has a typo in it (title="Idle Thumbs: We're Proably All About Video Games").

There was a little bit of a mix-up with a few episodes' unique IDs, which made google reader shit itself a little. I don't know how permanent that will be, but the new episode juggled to the top, at least.

Could you perhaps clarify what you mean by 'not working'?

The RSS feed is showing up as empty in my bookmarks-toolbar in firefox.

[edit] Can I do a feature request here? If so: I t would be rather neat if there was a link to the thread for each podcast, so you can jump right into the discussion.

Emoticons will be restored soon, that's just down to laziness.

Hopefully the RSS stuff is alive and well again.