toblix

Holy Shit! Awesome E3 News!!

What are you talking about? I didn't understand one thing.

Anyway, Assassin's Creed 2 looks fucking incredible, but the story may be even worse? What the fuck, is that the best outfit the assassin could find to blend in?

MGS on 360...WOOO...YEAH. Lightning bolt action all the way baby!

Metal Gear Solid on the 360? Woo! :clap: There goes the only reason I had to buy a PS3! :mock:

Metal Gear Solid on the 360? Woo! :clap: There goes the only reason I had to buy a PS3! :mock:

its not 4 unfortunately

Yeah it's a new one that stars Raiden.

I must admit that was one of the strongest conferences I've seen for years, Sony really has it's work cut out tomorrow.

Yeah it's a new one that stars Raiden.

I must admit that was one of the strongest conferences I've seen for years, Sony really has it's work cut out tomorrow.

The best part? No pie charts. No bar charts even. I expect Sony, whose conference is scheduled to be quite a bit longer, will spend a bit of time countering Microsoft's presentation with a barrage of Excel.

Whoooooooo! Crackdown 2! My personal GOTY 2007 is getting a sequel! Announced the same day I get inFAMOUS as well, which is pretty much Sony's answer to Crackdown! (Don't take that as a negative, it's rad.) So pumped right now!

I think Sony have pretty much packed their shit up and left, I would do after that incredible show. Enough 360 fanboyism from me though.

Can anyone answer something for me: Was Steven Speilberg pretty much on to say congratulations to Microsoft for making a new product, coz that what it seemed like to me? I know it might have been demonstrating that anyone can play with the new tech.. but surely they could have gotten someone less expensive.

Argh... Oh well. It'll still be good, I'm sure.

What's the deal with the new PSP?

No UMD drive...? Isn't that how the games come??

Maybe you have to buy an old PSP and upload the game to the new one through a USB hookup? Makes perfect sense!

the render for the old republic was fucking amazing. why couldn't the pretend films do that...

This might be awesome. Can't wait to try it. When?

16mc5e.jpg.gif

Heh. A motion interpreter that does that kind of thing constantly would work just great with some Aphex Twin :)

"Just when you thought your plasma TV couldn't take any more punishment after you accidentally chucked your Wiimote at it, just wait until it takes the receiving end of a roundhouse kick!"

Also, why isn't Left 4 Dead 2 called "Left 2 Die"? Between Army of Two 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, I'm getting a numeral overdose.

"Just when you thought your plasma TV couldn't take any more punishment after you accidentally chucked your Wiimote at it, just wait until it takes the receiving end of a roundhouse kick!"

Also, why isn't Left 4 Dead 2 called "Left 2 Die"? Between Army of Two 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, I'm getting a numeral overdose.

Has anyone seen something at this E3 that doesn't have any kind of number in it ?

Or, borrowing from Eidos, Left 4 De2d :getmecoat

I'm reserving this post so that someday I can reveal the meaning of life. Stay tuned.

In other news, Monkey Island ish looks cool, full game downloads are awesome and I'm interested to see more on that Metal Gear, the rest...meh.

Ubisofts was horrible no good games... assassins creed 2. But most importantly no Beyond good and evil 2... come on...

The new Splinter Cell looked good, almost too good to be true.

Yeah I saw that on the microsoft one. Best so far, Ea was decent too

I was interested in Natal until, at the bottom of the EG write-up, Molyneux is reported as working on some shite or other,

Tsunoda said that development kits were arriving with teams today - although Peter Molyneux is already working on something, and has been for a few weeks. You can read our conference report on his project for more or stay tuned later this week for a write-up based on a private demo.

:stan:

If the Seattle PI is to be believed the Natal is going to cost $200 (source), which pretty much prices it out of everyone's price range.

Also, no matter how much they say it'll work with every 360 and every 360 game (their words), unless it's built into the system it's going to be lucky to break 10% attach rate. If I'm a developer, I'm not going to bring a AAA game out for something that's going to top out at 3 million sales.

Honestly, I don't know why they're rushing this technology out onto the 360 when it could've been perfected and made into the main selling point of their next console. After all, their plan seemed to be to transition the 360 into a more casual system, the way the PS2 has managed to do. Sure, the technology makes the system more accessible, but the additional cost is decidedly un-casual.

And really, when has a console add-on ever managed to successfully take root? Have we learned nothing from the Sega CD (or *shudder* 32X)?