Cigol

Project TRICO

xF3fED8EXl4

If this is real footage, and an accurate representation of what we can expect then colour me speechless, impatient and giddy with excitement. Woo! :tup: Edited by Cigol

It certainly looks cool, but I'm inclined with my colleague who, on seeing the trailer, commented that he prefers giant pseudo-mechanical beasts over plain old huge animals. I really liked the mysterious air of distance and ancientness the colossi had about them. I guess you get some of that from the environment, but attaching it to some a living (or apparently living) thing gave it a kind of mournful quality that was really appealing; perhaps it was that they are a more direct connection to a dead civilization than mere architecture can provide or something. That said, they don't seem like the kind of developer to go for straight sequels, and I never expected SoC2.

Also, it may not be real AND SO ON. If it is, I'm sure it'll be awesome in its own way and that way will be entirely sufficient.

Seems very interesting.

That puppy-griffin (puffin?)* design looks pretty bizarre, but mostly in a good way. I actually thought this picture was photoshopped to make a point of some sort before I saw the trailer.

*I guess it could also be a kitten.

I'm sure it'll be awesome in its own way and that way will be entirely sufficient.

Banned.

Looks amazing, and also that creature is a giant version of my cat Lili :)

Remember that this is probably still WIP. Shadow looked a bit dodgy in early footage too.

I'm pretty surprised on this direction, but it could be excellent.

I was kinda hoping they would evolve the landscape and architecture a bit. It still looks amazing, but after two games it is feels a little... samey. I feel like such a brat for suggesting that, but there we go.

Gameplay wise it'll probably be the Lion and the Mouse fable, very similar to the first one in other mecanics: the big creature can't go everywhere but can help you as a platform to navigate through the world... anyway, probably good material for a cover contest hu Dan ?

It seems like an excellent continuation of Team ICO's exploration of companionship and loneliness combined with the clambering around on giant creatures fun :)

I'm very much looking forward to this!

I'm sorry to say it guys but this looks like shit. The controls are probably sucktacular, and it looks like it'll be just one long quicktime event. Oh, and guess what: did you think the music was great? Well, it's stolen from a movie. That's typical Sony bullshit. I guess it fits that they use music from a movie when "playing" the game will be just like watching one. Well I guess this kind of "game" is what Playstation lovers want, just look at Heavy Rain... This is why I have an Xbox360. Xbox games are more interactive and have their own music. "Oh no but it doesn't have the Cell processor" I hear you say well big fucking deal all the multipaltform games look bettar on the 360!

Thanks for that episode of 'toblix does youtube comments.'

The game looks pretty good, I agree with Dan on the scenery currently looking a bit samey, they could have changed up the aesthetic a bit there. The giant rat-bird looks fine, not so keen on the little kid character but whatever. I'm sure it will be awesome considering their track record.

The creature looks like video comped in and altered, especially in that still.

I got that feeling too, especially with the bit where the catlossus is perched in the middle of a chasm watching the boy run around. Combined with the eerie animation (which looks too good to be true :erm:) it reminds me of those old TV show special effects like in the Land of the Giants.

videotstitle0ch7frame39647.jpg

...but less naff, obviously.

From NeoGAF;

cute.gif

Edited by Cigol

Thanks for that episode of 'toblix does youtube comments.'

ahahahaahaha

Hmm, and yeah I'm with you on the kid protagonist too. It's a coming-of-age-story, we get it already!

edit: but yeah, amazing animation, and opportunities for interesting gameplay.

Edited by DanJW

I've been reading about this all day at work, but I've not been able to watch it...the excitement has been killing me! Thankfully it was as good as I hoped it to have been. Who would have thought there was a cuddly cat-bird at the end of that chain we've seen so many times?

In Ico you teamed with someone

In Shadow of the Colosus you could climb on big creature

In trico, you'll be able to team with a creature you can actually climb on !

From the brief time I spent playing Shadow of the Colossus when visiting eljay some time ago, I absolutely loved it and have been trying to pick a cheap PS2 and copy of the game ever since.

TRICO seems to have all those elements that made Colossus really stand out for me (solitude, melancholy, exploration and so on), so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out as a finished game.

And, going out on a limb, if that's target footage of intended gameplay, to me it's looking pretty far developed already. (Commence beating me with sticks now!)

That kid is an asshole. He should pull the arrows out.

Hey guys, a word on the trailer:

This was not meant for public view. This leaked footage is, as far as I know, from an early development/technology video that Sony showed some of its stockholders/employees two years ago. I've been seeing snippets of it for at least a year, in the form of mobile phone Quicktime videos filming a large screen. This is not an indicator of what the game is like at all.

Yeah, I thought as much.

But it's definitely a gryphon chick.

The horse (Aggro was it?) in the Shadow of the Colossus was the best sidekick in a video game ever, well animated and semi-intelligently controlled to boot. The player really felt connection with the horse, and I am sure we all

cried when he fell off the cliff into a bottomless chasm. I failed at killing that final boss at the first sitting, but next time I started playing I just spent half an hour riding through the wastelands, just chilling with my horse, while I still could. ;(

The pupffin is a lot more conspicuous than Aggro was. Connecting with the horse took me unawares, whereas this monster is obviously engineered a little more consciously (fluffy, cute) to get the player to care.

:tup::tup:

Hey guys, a word on the trailer:

This was not meant for public view. This leaked footage is, as far as I know, from an early development/technology video that Sony showed some of its stockholders/employees two years ago. I've been seeing snippets of it for at least a year, in the form of mobile phone Quicktime videos filming a large screen. This is not an indicator of what the game is like at all.

By 'not an indicator' do you mean in this sense;

LeBpRiWGdWg

...or in this sense:

DqSjfhXpnbM

:erm:

Haha, I'm pretty sure he means in the first sense. It is possible that Team Ico are using terrain from Ico and SotC to test their new mechanics. Also things like shaders that bland the creatures into the world more tend to added later in development.

Hrmnm. Wait a moment, if the second one was tentatively labeled "Nico", shouldn't the third one be "Sico"? :getmecoat