Combine the shadow lurking and thievery of Thief, with the rad varied locales and the disguise mechanic of Hitman, and if you wanna make it open world GTA-style, set the game in occupied Paris of 1942 and I am sold.

Me too.

Just completed the first mission in Thief II The Metal Age. I've finished the game before, but now when playing this right after Thief Gold (patched with some Thief2 models and textures), it definitely looks and sounds a lot better than the first one: textures are sharper, models more detailed, sounds are better both technically (3D works) and aesthetically. The Guards have also learned a few more tricks it seems.

Did they ever back down from this and change it back to "Thief 4"?

Gawd, what leetspeak fail...

I work with a guy who now permanently pronounces the word "Thief" in everyday context as "Theeaf". It's caught on and is now spreading to other words like "Roh-ad" (Road).

WHY do developers insist on putting fucking numbers in the title. Jesus. IT DOESN'T SAY THIEF, IT SAYS THIFOURF, WHICH SOUNDS LIKE FUCKING KLINGON. Or someone saying C4 with a speech impediment. "Pwanting the thifourf charges now." :(

As Tycho from game developers are "moving us dangerously close to astromech naming conventions".

CoD6MW2 sounds straight outta Star Wars.

. . .I just spit tea all over my monitor. I really, really wish I wore a monocle. I really do.

When was this announced, and why didn't I hear about it until now? Heads will roll! I love Thief, really do. Splinter Cell is stupendous, but Thief is just. . .nummy.

It's like people saw Left 4 Dead was popular, without realizing the cover/title was some weird joke/pun, then decided that putting numbers in odd places was totally badass. So according to their marketing, I can't wait for Thifourf.

WHY do developers insist on putting fucking numbers in the title.

I would be surprised if it was developers that did this.

I would be surprised if it was developers that did this.

I was going to make a footnote which said "It was probably some kind of marketing dickhead that thought this was a totally grand idea". Alas, I was tired and wanted to go to bed. So there you go.:grin:

I would argue that it's more correct to read the 4 as the letter a in that logo.

I would have called it "Thi65f", at least that makes sense.

see, they fucked it up. It should've been Scr4am
I was really anticipating this film, but now it seems they've gone in a different direction. Both the tagline about new rules and the substitution of numbers for letters leads me to believe it might not be a great movie after all.

see, they fucked it up. It should've been Scr4am

scraam? I don't get it.

Gentlemen, I believe we have discovered a comedy goldmine.