Do you play chess?

Do you play chess?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play chess?

• Yes, and I'm good at it.
    • Yes, and I'm not good at it.
    • No, but I'm good at it.
    • No, and I'm not good at it.
    • Head north from the dinosaur to the pile of rocks.

There should be a 'pretty good' option. I used to be good at it. It's been a long time since I've played regularily, but I'm still decent, I guess. When I was in middle school I was on my school's middle school chess team. We had a meet for my school district and I got second place. I lost my only game to a guy from my own school. It was fun though.

I hate chess. I have absolutely no sense of tactics.

The few times I have played I have won, because I confuse the opponent.

I play maybe once a year

and I'm a freakin monster! I'll reduce my oponent to a quivering mess. Especially if it's drinking chess :sombrero:

I improvize well, I don't plan. In so much, I play really well against casual chess players and prefer chess problems.

I like the horsey ones.

I last played chess... must've been 3 years ago. I planned about 10 moves aghead and absolutely murdered the other guy. I then chugged a bottle of tylenol and took a 12 hour nap.

Polls with 7 votes are useless. You should make one with 700 votes! That'd show them!

No -I've only ever been shown how to play it once, which was several years back, so as you have probably guessed, I've completely forgotten how to play it.

i know how to play chess, but i don't know how to play it good. it sometimes happens that i beat my opponents, but then it's mostly...well...luck. my brain is just unable to think strategically and so i generally suck in all this thinking-by-planning-disciplines. all this confuse-the-others-games like activity are much cooler. ;)

I'm no good a chess myself. Tried it way to many times, it' just like slamming my head against the wall (ouch). Anywayz, I have a friend who is apparently second place for his age in the state of california...while at his house once trying to figure out what his new laptop was good for, I tried out Chessmaster 9 million or something. Boy, was that a mistake! I tried the absolute easiest difficulty level (which happened to be a 5-year-old girl named Kelsey, but lets not go there) and I...lost. But my friend is damn good.