Patters

Duke Nukem Forever Canned [and then not]

DNF's multiplayer is being developed by little-known Canadian studio Piranha. Its list of credits include PSP games Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 and Need for Speed: Undercover, PC title Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza and MechWarrior.

Ooh, the in-development-since-2009 MechWarrior reboot! I hope this means Dukematch supports a billion keyboard commands.

They also worked on the poorly received 2002 Die Hard game that used the No One Lives Forever engine.

"The rats you see in the sewer will bleed if you shoot them but they won't ever die."

-- IGN.com

Hmm. Duke has already tread a fine line between taking the piss out of such things by being completely OTT, and actually being such a thing.

Hard to say until we see it. Descriptions of things can often be than they actually are. (Did you know there's a game where you can punch a woman so hard that you break her ribcage, and then, for extra sickness, grab and pull out her still beating heart?)

Mortal Kombat always sounded worse in the descriptions.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

hahahahahahahajhgjbhrgjitdhjryjyhkdftkgyjrdrhrjftgjjkjdhkhmfjtdhthfgh

Now that is just... :finger:

What I don't get is if they have to postpone it, why the fuck is the release still not worldwide at the same time!

The thing that is interesting is that they switched the way it's released now. Other countries get it first and USA has to wait.

Edited by Kolzig

Yes, a sad day indeed to see Duke Nukem Forever of all games delayed!

Wait, what? ;(

Seems more like a bad console certification result.

It's definitely not a PR stunt. Stockholders don't appreciate it when you fuck with their quarterly margins

Isn't Gearbox a privately owned company?

Isn't Gearbox a privately owned company?

That they are, so nothing to worry about there. If it was a PR stunt, why not wait the extra week and use April 1st?

Someone on Shack wrote this:

Coming out in May:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

L.A. Noire

Brink

Dirt 3

FEAR 3

Dungeon Siege III

Red Faction: Armageddon

Hunted: Demon's Forge

The Witcher 2

So yeah, maybe they want to just avoid getting buried under those games.

HEY GUYS! Shit happens! Why does it have to be a neat tidy thing such as a PR stunt?

HEY GUYS! Shit happens! Why does it have to be a neat tidy thing such as a PR stunt?

It doesn't have to be, but they definitely made one out of whatever caused the delay.

LA Noire is a game worth running from though. They'll want Duke Nukem to have top billing the week of it's release or the buzz will spread before people buy in to satisfy their curiosity.

They just announced the delay in a "fun" way. Hardly makes the delay a PR stunt.

I don't want to play this game unless someone else I know buys it and asks me to come over and play, but those hilariously lowbrow trailers lacking all sorts of tact or appropriateness are making me feel otherwise.

Duke Nukem: Critical Mass for Nintendo DS just got released in Europe. Looks quite horrible.

The only good thing seems to be that they got Jon St. John to do voice of Duke for the game.

jep... they should have simply ported Manhattan Project; which is great

DDHRJfl5ZOc

Demo comes out for First Access people on 3rd June, so I'll have to play it on 5th when we come back from Oslo.

So I went and bought the Duke3D Atomic Edition from GoG in honour of DNF gone gold.

I wonder what is the best way to get some high res action out of this without getting the ugly fan made 3d models? Proper mouse control would be sweet also. I was reading about the high res pack and eDuke and JFDuke.

The last time I played Duke3D completely through was propably 12 years ago so I think it's about time to go play that again.