Jake

District 9

www.d-9.com

I have no idea if this movie will be good or total ass, but it appears to be the movie Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp made instead of the Halo movie which fell through. (Jackson is producing, Blomkamp is directing, effects by Weta)

6_I5ZkZ0h4Y

Blomkamp made a number of short films and ads before being tapped by Jackson to direct Halo, but never a feature film, and I remember hearing that part of the reason that film fell apart was because people were wary this guy was going to be directing such a big project.

Here's some of his earlier stuff on YouTube:

snfc_wNWqSU

iNReejO7Zu8

6xtWUbBlgRQ

xkof-BxoLM0

I remember at the time thinking that maybe the Halo movie wouldn't be total ass when it was being headed up by a guy with this aesthetic, but I'm glad that instead of Halo, this guy is getting the opportunity to make a feature film about his own choice of subject (clearly based on some of his shorts), instead of a story licensed from a video game universe.

Looks pretty :tup: from here. Although I watch a lot of films, I rarely know about them until they're close to release when I see a trailer at the cinema. It's funny that bigger releases more often than not go under my radar just because of the type of film I usually go to see.

Thanks for making me aware of this, Jake, it looks at the very least an intriguing premise handled by a couple of guys who clearly know their shit.

what the shit @ this movie is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Pictures Entertainment.

I wish I had the patience to find a duplicate. Alas.