Jake

Idle Thumbs 26: Raising the 'Bargo

Alternate title: Key 'Bargo

"Raising the 'Bargo"

We return from break full of questions. Why are all the best games about America made in Europe? Does your game dialog sound more like Steven Seagal or John McClane? Is there going to be a twist? We don't know, but we really want to tell you why the Moon is awesome.

Games Discussed: BioShock 2, Mafia 2, WET, Rogue Warrior, 6 Days in Fallujah, Nintendo DSi, StarCraft: Ghost, BioShock 5: To The Moon

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

The DSi charger connector isn't the same as the DS lite charger. My brother had a DSi and the connector doesn't look like the one of my DS lite. It looks like a USB connector, but it also isn't that.

Also, (really) crappy endings in games:

- Assassin's Creed

- Dreamfall

- Prince of Persia (the new one)

- Medal of Honor

Edited by elmuerte

Bioshock 5: Moonshock

A totally sweet twist - ign.com

It's System Shock 2!

- Assassin's Creed

- Dreamfall

- Prince of Persia (the new one)

- Medal of Honor

Note that both games from UbiMontreal had a shitty ending for the same reason: PoP (which is a fucking pain in the ass cause they went "hey we won't put a subtitle cause the previous trilogy had subtitles and we want to restart the license" and now everybody has to add something at the end... I can't believe 300 people were that retarded not to think about that... Prince of Persia is a LICENSE FOR GOD'S SAKE (that was a fairly long parenthesis)) and AC were both the middle of something not the end.

Also: stop playing with the spoiler tag 'cause when there'll be a real spoiler instead of just a random thing you'll just click it and ruin a film or game for yourself :P

For a moment I got really excited thinking that Rebellion were doing a sequel to Rogue Trooper (Which was based on a comic book and is probably the source of Remo's confusion). It's pretty dumb to have two completely unrelated games with such similar titles from the same developer.

stop playing with the spoiler tag 'cause when there'll be a real spoiler instead of just a random thing you'll just click it and ruin a film or game for yourself :P

The boy who cried "SPOILERS!"

Note that both games from UbiMontreal had a shitty ending for the same reason: PoP (which is a fucking pain in the ass cause they went "hey we won't put a subtitle cause the previous trilogy had subtitles and we want to restart the license" and now everybody has to add something at the end... I can't believe 300 people were that retarded not to think about that... Prince of Persia is a LICENSE FOR GOD'S SAKE (that was a fairly long parenthesis)) and AC were both the middle of something not the end.

I think they both had a crappy ending because of the engine they both used. The scimitar engine isn't fit for proper endings.

Just started and I can't stop laughing with Nick about all this Geocities crap!

And the pause after Jake's book comment was priceless.

Chris mentioned the Art Style thing reminded him of bit Generations. Well, a couple bit Generations games, DIALHEX and Orbital, were released on the Wii under the Art Style brand with slightly different names.

Fun fact?

You do realize two weeks ago you guys asked everyone to send you e-mails asking, "What is game?" right?

Yeah I completely forgot that happened, so that's cool. We I guess won... against ourselves. :shifty:

Chris: I've been thinking about buying this. Maybe you should too...

Moon is "one hell of an impressive game." -IGN.com

EDIT: And yeah, ArtStyle is the revamped (and renamed) versions of BitGenerations on GBA. The Wii ArtStyle games already have Hexic (now called Rotohex), Orbital (now Orbient). Also, there's a brand new one called Cubello. The DSi so far only has Aquia, which is also brand new and I love. I haven't tried Cubello yet, and though I liked Hexic, I didn't really feel the need to repurchase it. Orbital was by far my favorite BitGenerations game though, so I had no problem forking over some cash for the Wii version of Orbient. I highly recommend that one to anyone with a Wii. Seriously. Buy it.

Edited by miffy495

Chris: I've been thinking about buying this. Maybe you should too...

Moon is "one hell of an impressive game." -IGN.com

I actually own it and haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It's hard for me to get into that kind of console/PC-style game on a tiny screen with fiddly controls, but I will try to give it a shot.

To go into boring self-indulgent story mode, I wanted a My Buddy for a year or so when I was small, until someone moved in across the street with one. It was all creepy and ratty, and the hair was just this matted, stand up straight, mess.

I think the song on the commercial may have been the only reason I ever wanted one.

So after asserting that a custom level is not the equivalent of a mod, the last mod you gents mentioned was DOTA...

Which is a custom Warcraft 3 map.

I think that some of the custom maps are the equivalent of mods. Their creators are constrained by their toolset the same as someone making a Halflife 2 mod with the editor. But the change in gameplay is interesting/new enough to make it a very different game from the source.