Sign in to follow this  
twmac

KOTOR: the Evil way

I got bored and stopped reading when he killed Juhani (and revealed that he did the same thing while light side). Shows noobishness that does. Light side or Dark side, you can recruit her to your cause.

I actually went back and did this myself a little while ago. It was fun, but it was made before Bioware got a handle on properly integrating darkside options into the plot. Too many 'murderous idiot' options and not enough 'villainous mastermind'.

I think the Renegade path in Mass Effect was done much better, to the point where I think it may be the preferred version of the story.

So didn't read the bit where he caused absolutely evil stuff on the same planet with Juhani on it?

Nor did you read what he did with the Wookie and the blue headed girl (Mission?). Sure, in terms of story telling it might have been heavy handed, but in terms of game story telling I thought it was extremely effective.

Horses for courses I suppose

Also I know that game off by heart, so yeah I do know what he did on both those occasions and I also know how he could have done it differently and also all the bits he left out. I did skim through it but I didn't need him to tell me what happened in the game; I was just reading for his personal reactions.

Hell, he got further at it than I did. I tried an evil playthrough once. Got to the bit where you had to let the guy get eaten by rakghouls outside the undercity's gates and couldn't go any further. Totally hated myself.

That's what I mean. The fact that you can end up despising yourself for the choices you make in a fictional world. A world where your actions don't mean anything when you turn the machine off.

I remember reading Spaff's article on Fable where he talked about how it wasn't fun to be good and evil choices were just too much fun. Even in a game as superficial (albeit fun) as Fable I could not make myself do evil things I just didn't enjoy being nasty.

Had Kind of the same experience with Oblivion, could not bring myself to kill innocents on the first playthrough, then I went back and around level 20 I just killed half of Cyrodill no matter what the consequences, I havn't tried to kill characters from the main quest though, I might go do that this afternoon, does anyone know what happens ?

My evil playthrough of kotor ended up being only luke-warm evil. I didn't do the really awful stuff, but i loved being an asshole. It was way more fun than a completely good playthough.

Most games don't let you be evil enough, so i was pleasantly surprised to find that KOTOR was sometimes a little too evil. It's nice to have the option.

In comparison, my fallout 3 evil playthrough was a huge disappoint.