Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

BSG: Caprica

So, it's been leaked nearly 2 weeks and no-one's talking about it...

Am I right to assume that's because it's shit? :hmph:

I'm kinda curious as well. I have the last two episodes of BSG recorded but I can't bring myself to watch them. I'm a wimp and don't want it to end.

My girlfriend and I actually started watching Miami Vice just to get our Edward James Olmos fix. :adama:

Watched it last night--it's complete arse. :(

Vaguely emo and revolving around teen angst, it's like something fished out of Joss Whedon's bin.

:tdown:

BSG: Late Night Hollyoaks :tdown:

"So unengaging, you could pay attention to it while simultaneously taking a shit, solving a Rubik's cube and browsing the Idle Forums" - IGN.com

I thought it was mildly entertaining, but mainly just because of the enigmatic Eric Stoltz.

Fun fact, I saw this pilot without ever having seen any of the BG episodes, and this is exactly the kind of mind-numbingly dumb sci-fi I imagine that series to be. (Star Trek 90210) Is this on par with that, or is BG really worth my time?

Is this on par with that, or is BG really worth my time?

No; BSG had balls--particularly the first couple of series' (and the 4-part mini prequel).

I'd still recommend the core BSG series, definitely. If nothing else, at least try the 4-parter and then see what you think. The first part of series 1 proper, though - '33' - still sticks in my mind as some of the best TV ever.

I was pleasantly surprised, and thought it was quite enjoyable. I also think it has a lot of potential to turn into an interesting series.

I don't know. I just haven't thought about it since, it's quite literally been forgettable. Strenuously trying to telegraph Caprican racism to set up the later rift with the cylons, it seems like it's just plodding through the obvious roots of BSG so far, and having the

Adama's

tangled up with the family that invented Cylons seems really contrived. The

copied

daughter

being inside a cylon

seems more like a crappy sitcom premise to me, too.

Well, I thought they made a good start exploring some interesting futurist ideas. While I largely don't agree with them, I think they make for enjoyable, often thought provoking, entertainment. I also thought that it was shot well, and, for the most part, had a good cast. I was particularly pleased to see Polly Walker, who was so very good in Rome. :tup:

I think I missed something :(

Found it, figures they'd do a spin off of one of the most successful TV shows in modern history. Seeing as the TV has only been around in modern history, that makes it one of the most successful TV shows in all of history.

Just want to say I watched the BSG mini-series to give it a fair chance and thought it was pretty good. Not as bad as I imagined it was, but still riddled with convenient plot pieces and weak acting. Still, I might try to continue on and see if it gets better. Thanks for the recommendation!

Definitely try '33' (S01E01) before writing it off, as I've probably stated a couple of times already elsewhere.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Caprica until you've seen more of the main series, as the teen emo pap might colour your expectations of the original series.

Definitely try '33' (S01E01) before writing it off, as I've probably stated a couple of times already elsewhere.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Caprica until you've seen more of the main series, as the teen emo pap might colour your expectations of the original series.

Agreed, the mini series was a little weak, the first season more than makes up for it. Also the original series has nothing to do with this you mean the re imagined series (insert generic smiley)

Just want to say I watched the BSG mini-series to give it a fair chance and thought it was pretty good. Not as bad as I imagined it was, but still riddled with convenient plot pieces and weak acting. Still, I might try to continue on and see if it gets better. Thanks for the recommendation!

Do you expect everything to be utterly horrible without anything to support that expectation?