OssK

Comment on the Fresh Indie Games Compendium

I'd like to recommend something, but I don't want to mess up the formatting - could someone tell me what the "tag" thing at the left of the title of the game is, and how you put it in? I'm not very used to UBBScript...
Try quoting someone else's post, remove the
tags and replace their text with what you want to say.

I'd like to recommend something, but I don't want to mess up the formatting - could someone tell me what the "tag" thing at the left of the title of the game is, and how you put it in? I'm not very used to UBBScript...

Just click on the QUOTE button and then look at the code used by others... but I believe you can see the icon in the bottom left hand corner of the smilies box when you post a message.

Edit: See Thorn's post...

Direct2Drive is selling The Best of Indie bundle (with Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaa, I-Fluid, And Yet It Moves, Project Aftermath and Acceleration of Suguri) for £15/$25.

Sweet deal for me at least, since I don't own any of those games and would like to own four of them. The other three I have not paid any attention to until now.

Direct2Drive is selling The Best of Indie bundle (with Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaa, I-Fluid, And Yet It Moves, Project Aftermath and Acceleration of Suguri) for £15/$25.

Sweet deal for me at least, since I don't own any of those games and would like to own four of them. The other three I have not paid any attention to until now.

Damn that's a good deal, I have Crayon physics but none of the others

If I already have AaaaaAAaaaAAAaa, is getting the rest worth it? I don't really know much about the others except that the demo for Aquaria failed to impress me.

Small Worlds was really nice, but wasn't made by Omni Labs, it was created by a guy named David Shute.

Small Worlds was really nice, but wasn't made by Omni Labs, it was created by a guy named David Shute.

True, I did not correct that, i'll do it now

Thanks for posting that, Ossk. A highly enjoyable little game.

And thank YOU for playing it, it was really an interesting moment for me and pretty magic :)

If I already have AaaaaAAaaaAAAaa, is getting the rest worth it? I don't really know much about the others except that the demo for Aquaria failed to impress me.

I like Aquaria but at times it's kind of boring. They could have made the world smaller; as it is now, the interesting things are too far apart.

Small worlds was awesome. Exploring the little pixel art environments was interesting, especially because the game doesn't really give you much context for them. The ending could be interpreted as a little sinister, though...

Ok picked it up, i fluid is pretty cool, Aaaaa! is great. The Japanese(?) one is ridiculously confusing though.

Bought machinarium and finished it in 5 hours non stop, pretty rad little thing, beautiful also.

Very well worth my money. Don't know about yours but check out the demo.

I see Saut was added. I found that game really frustrating. The most I could do was clear 3 holes, and that was just beginners luck, after that I tried 20 or so times and could only clear 1 or 2.

I see Saut was added. I found that game really frustrating. The most I could do was clear 3 holes, and that was just beginners luck, after that I tried 20 or so times and could only clear 1 or 2.

Once I got the sliding down, I found it to be quite enjoyable

:buyme:William and Sly

By: Kajenx

Available: free In browser

Synopsis: Atmospheric sound design, an aesthetic, relatable characters, and comfortable platforming exploration gameplay with some slightly vania map design

More: About a year old but I don't think it was posted here

htf do you complete that game? I can't seem to figure out a way to beat the snake at the end.

ah, figured it out...

nice game

When we update the forum software we should enter the land of UTF-8, the whole ISO-8859-1 thing is getting old.

When we update the forum software we should enter the land of UTF-8, the whole ISO-8859-1 thing is getting old.

That's actually the name of the game (more or less).

thread NECRO!

I posted Analogue: A Hate Story to the indie games thread and y'all should check it out if you don't have some kind of knee jerk reaction against anime style visual novels. It is rad.

Good recommendation. Completed it

with both *Hyun-ae endings

tonight. The storytelling kept me so enthralled throughout (after some initial difficulty mentally sorting out the large, interconnected cast of characters with Korean names) that I finished it in a single playthrough. If you're at all a fan of Christine Love's previous games or interesting forms of storytelling, at least check out the demo. :tup:

thread NECRO!

I posted Analogue: A Hate Story to the indie games thread and y'all should check it out if you don't have some kind of knee jerk reaction against anime style visual novels. It is rad.

I'm kind of disappointed with the direction her games have gone. I really liked Digital: A Love Story but wasn't a fan of her game before Analogue. I guess I don't really have a good reason why, both Digital and her previous game were just as linear but the style she chose for Digital was just far more interesting to me.

Has anyone checked out Catacomb Snatch, the game Mojang made over the weekend for the Humble Bundle Mojam charity thing?

It's obviously not done, but it's also surprisingly great.

It's an isometric(ish) shootemup set in steampunk ancient Egypt where you get money to build a train track and lay down turrets to protect it and vacuum devises to automatically pick up money for you, gradually turning the game from a shootemup into an economy based strategy tower defense... thing.

It's awesome. The source code is open, so several different groups are currently trying to build upon it.

EDIT: I wonder; considering how much momentum and capitol they have now, can we still consider Mojang "indie"? And if so, how long will we still be able to do that?

Edited by DIUM

I wonder; considering how much momentum and capitol they have now, can we still consider Mojang "indie"? And if so, how long will we still be able to do that?

Consdering that right now they have only released a single game, albeit in different versions on different platforms, I'd consider them still indie. If their next two games are also AA level hits, that might change. In the end, isn't "indie" these days more about how a company appears from the outside than the actual definition ?