MrHoatzin

Fresh Indie Game Compendium Extraordinaire

Murdoc started with the fucking up, the clop link is wrong and points to Q.U.B.E.

:buyme:Gun Godz

By: Vlambeer

Available: Was a Kickstarter incentive

Synopsis: A bonus for backers of Venus Patrol, Gun Godz (or GunGodz) is a Wolf 3D homage made by creators of Super Crate Box and Radical Fishing during their phase of gangsta rap obsession.

By chance I managed to play it at a museum exhibit this evening, after by chance having read about it earlier in the day. Filled me with glee even though it was set up for wasd on a qzsd keyboard. Who needs strafing anyway?

Searched and did not find previous mention, if duplicate please shoot me, preferably with a double-barrelled shotgun inside a prison for goldie-lookin hoodlums on the surface of venus k thx.

More: Gama PostMortem

I was just trying to ruin first week sales of CLOP by directing you somewhere else.

Now that it's over and a miserable failure in the market place, I fixed the link.

This thread was a pristine wonder for three whole years! Stop commenting in it!

:Tryme: Full Bore

By: Whole Hog Games

Available: Demo version for Windows on website www.wholehog-games.com/fullbore/demo

Synopsis: A puzzle adventure game where the player controls a young boar who moves through a world made of blocks with different behaviors.

More: www.gofullbore.com

Full Disclosure: I am one of the developers working on this. Try my game?

Nitronic Rush

By: DigiPen Students

Available: http://nitronic-rush.com/

Synopsis: It's a "survival" racing game. You race your cyber car down a cyber track avoiding cyber obstacles from an evil cybernetic computer that wants you dead.. It's pretty cyber?!

Why would you ever cyberdoubt me?

Mad Father

By: Sen

Available: http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/madfather.htm (Translated version)

Synopsis: Have you ever played Corpse Party? It's like that... If you haven't. It's a horror game made with a JRPG engine, yet it plays more like an adventure game. It's like Clock Tower in the sense that depending on how you play you will get a better or worse ending... and by better I mean messed up in a better way? It's pretty messed up...

MFScreen3.gif

:buyme: Jelly no Puzzle
By: Qrostar (a person named Tatsunami)
Available: Free from the Qrostar-site in a tiny 2,1MB .zip-file.
Synopsis: A puzzle game. Very simple mechanics, clear set of rules, very simple looking levels - but actually very (!) hard to solve. Lots of problems in the vain of the fox, goose and bag of beans river-crossing-puzzle, but with blocks of jelly, and only kind of. (I just beat the *********, and feel very smart and handsome now.)
More: Rock Paper Shotgun wrote about it some days ago.

post-7099-0-11260300-1361027180_thumb.jpg

Teleglitch

By: epcc

Available: http://teleglitch.com/

Synopsis: Teleglitch is a real-time pixelated top down shooter set on a distant research base where you are attempting to escape. Inspired by old school roguelikes and DooM, Teleglitch combines tense fast combat with managing a slowly increasing inventory of tools, parts, and munitions which are never quite enough.

Brigands and Barbarians HD
By: Dynamic Adventures Inc.
Available: http://appstore.com/BrigandsAndBarbariansHD
Synopsis:  A turn-based JRPG from the iPad with a world map that you can scroll like Google maps and in the style of early Ultimas where you see the monsters.  Five avatars to choose from, no restriction on weapons or armor.  Unique combat style allows you to use multiple weapons or castings in combat.  Riddles, puzzles, and special abilities based on Avatar type.

8403597018_7814e22dbe.jpg

BioShark Infinite: A Jeff Gone Gold Game: Game Of The Year Edition
By: Me and another guy
Available: Below
Synopsis: You shiver as you swim, though the water is not cold. Up ahead, Goldblum laughs at you. You sense his derision; feel it in your dermal denticles. He's too fast - you cannot hope to catch him. But maybe, just maybe, you can steal his shoes. This is BioShark Infinite.

8620301555_4955174c4c_b.jpg

Download link.

Controls:

A=left

D=right

Space=jump (yes)

Kindness Coins

By: Story by Arden Kehoe; Art by Spider; Programming by Jordan Battiston and Michael Real, both of whom I can't find online

Available: Mac and Windows download links here

Synopsis: A five-to-ten-minute game made for the Pulse-Pounding, Heart-Stopping Dating Sim Jam where you play as the girl being wooed by the protagonist in a dating sim. It is supergood.

LCURPiz.png

Update: Full Bore
By: Whole Hog Games www.gofullbore.com
Available: In development, but vote for us on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145273589
Synopsis: Full Bore is the journey of a young boar through the long-buried past. A block puzzler with an exploratory twist, you must figure out how the blocks around you behave to reach new areas of the world and uncover their mysteries- and their riches.

fb-5.png

Captain Bubblenaut
By: Dean Tate (Art), Owen Macindoe (Code - Me!), Chris Remo (Music), Danny Baranowsky (SFX)
Available: iOS App Store.
Synopsis:You are CAPTAIN BUBBLENAUT! Your mission: to earn the love and respect of your father, the warmongering ADMIRAL POP. Invade the square-shaped abomination known as PLANET ERF, obliterate every ERFLING in sight, and make your father PROUD! Gameplay combines elements of Tiny Wings and Bumpy Road. Ridiculously catchy soundtrack by Chris Remo!

More info here.

:buyme: Time Gentlemen, Please!

By: Size Five Games

Available: get it bundled with the first game for £3 on Steam or GOG

Synopsis: Old-school comedy adventure game, written by and starring me and a friend.

Foiled

By: Gabe Cuzzillo(design and code) and Aaron Taecker-Wyss(art)

Available: Now for Free at www.foiledgame.com

Synopsis: A local two player fighting game centered around soul-theft and a simple yet deceptively deep dueling system. Think Super Smash Bros meets Nidhogg.