Wormsie

Psychonauts on CrossOver Games Mac

After installing Psychonauts on CrossOver Games for Mac and trying to run the Psychonauts app, I get the error message "Psychonauts EU CD 1 not inserted". Needless to say, the CD is inserted. Any way to make CrossOver games recognize my CD?

Pan me for being a n00b.

Probably not the best message board for Crossover software troubleshooting.

Personally, I could never get Crossover to work with any games at all. I just live with Boot Camp.

I'm not sure how crossover works, but couldn't you try just getting a NoCD crack?

Mo

I can tell you that when I run games in wine I often have to crack them because the DRM is Windows only. I know it sounds pretty retarded, to crack a game that you own, but it might do the trick.

Wow, it's been a while. :tup:

Have you used Crossover Office before? Is it configured to look at the correct cd/dvd drive? Something else you could try is ripping an image of the cd to your hard drive and mounting it, though I wouldn't really expect the results to be different than reading the cd.

Haven't found such a setting anywhere yet. Tried using a crack, which didn't run.

I curse Apple for taking away the BootCamp download for Tiger! Can't find it anywhere else...

Hey there Wormsie! Haven't seen you in a while here =)
Duder's been busy maniacally updating his Facebook status. Seriously, Wormsie, wtf? You make up 25% of updates in my news feed. :deranged:

Hey guys :D

As for Facebook, I think I just have way too much procrastinating to do and haven't found a better outlet, since Psychonauts isn't running and all that. :deranged:

Kingz, you are currently on my Facebook list called "Gay Sauna". The members of that list get to read all the gory details of my life. If you like, I can move you to the list called "B-list" which will bestow upon you a blissful silence from my direction. :)

90% of updates I see on my Twitter page are by Trep.

Edited by Wormsie

Hey guys :D

As for Facebook, I think I just have way too much procrastinating to do and haven't found a better outlet, since Psychonauts isn't running and all that. :deranged:

Kingz, you are currently on my Facebook list called "Gay Sauna". The members of that list get to read all the gory details of my life. If you like, I can move you to the list called "B-list" which will bestow upon you a blissful silence from my direction. :)

90% of updates I see on my Twitter page are by Trep.

I wouldn't mind, except I DON'T SPEAK FINNISH.

I DON'T SPEAK FINNISH.

You should start...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh fuck I'm so funny...

I wouldn't mind, except I DON'T SPEAK FINNISH.
Thus shall Finnish gibberish disappear from your Facebook page forever.

;(If anyone has an extra Psychonauts DVD with the cutscenes, I will send you money in return for it appearing in my mailbox.

I can send first though.

EDIT: Got one. No worries.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

I just read one long long thread I happened to find by searching for the word "Psychonauts", and would like to point out to everyone that there is a difference between a "principal" and a "principle".

To the point:

I finally managed to reconfigure my Windows XP -machine, but apparently certain ATI cards hate Psychonauts, or vice versa. I googlesearched for "psychonauts voices play but screen black" (well, not really, but that should tell you what the problem is) and didn't find anything; though lots of ATI users had had problems, they had either given up, or the problems had mysteriously disappeared.

So I turn to you, though I'm not too hopeful. Oh, I do remember having played the game in my old machine before, so downgrading my drivers might work (upgrading didn't help), but doing that might be tricky...

Probably not the best message board for Crossover software troubleshooting.
Oh, and true, this is probably not the best place, but I haven't had good experiences of posting to official boards.

(Though CrossOver isn't an issue anymore.)

And the guy who posted to Double Fine forum didn't get any real help either, and as far as I know Majesco is bankrupt or something.

Like was said in the other thread; it's pretty swell DF are supporting/developing for this game still. A sequel must be on its way!