Scrobbs

Anti-terror nonsense.

That's funny, just yesterday in the train we were talking about how Britain is practically a police state...

Man, the TV license demands here are by far the most threatening stuff I've ever gotten in the mail. For a damn TV license!

I've been seeing these on my way into London and it makes me sad every time. The only possible purpose is to encourage a sense of fear - the police will never get any decent information from this and they know it.

It would be funny if it weren't really happening ;(

It's pretty scary, isn't it? I saw one the other day (the chemical one) and I thought, "Are those the chemicals used to make a bomb?! How the hell would I know??"

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the police have the resources to act upon such stupid information -- and damned right, too. They've got more important things to worry about than idiots phoning that helpline.

I was on a bus in central London once, and three Asian looking men walked on. Two younger men and one, quite sleazy looking, older man. They were all pretty clearly pumped about something. They were looking around, but they didn't make any eye contact with anyone and their body language was odd. Like when you're trying not to look like you're completely off your tits.

When a bunch of giggling, half-dressed, teenagers got on and walked right past them, they looked right over their heads. Everyone else on the bus looked up at them because they were simply the most attention-grabbing thing on the bus.

It was clear that the two younger men were quite excited to meet the older guy, and the older guy seemed to be playing it cool. He asked on of them about his nickname...

To me, they stuck out like a sore thumb (excuse the expression) and alarm bells were going off in my head.

But I DIDN'T call the police ;(

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Hahaha the IGN picture.

And yes, I've seen those billboards quite a number of times during the past few weeks. They really are just weird like the site says.

Now these ads are all over the country, all the terrorists who keep leaving massive stockpiles of bomb-making chemicals lying on the top of their bins will learn to hide them a bit better from now on. ;(

Magificent, elmuerte :)

Looking at the original, I particularly hate that they framed that with a mother and pushchair in the background. It's really getting down to tabloid levels of shitty manipulation.