gdf

Life

I got glasses for the first time last year and I like the way I look with glasses so I have no real inclination to switch to contacts. O:

(That said, the moment I can get sweet bionic robot eyes, I'm in.)

Me getting lasik or bionic eyes would be like chopping off a foot because of an ingrown toe nail. Would be a bit overkill for me.

Now if you could get me some bionic ears to fix my tinnitus I'm in.

Oh the bionic eyes would also let you zoom in and ENHANCE and also enable cyberpunk overlays and stuff.

...Eventually, anyway.

Getting them JUST to fix vision would be really overkill for me, too. I can survive without glasses pretty solidly as is! They just make it easier to read things farther away. :P

"So company's are going to start beaming ads directly into my cyber eyes and there's no way I can stop or ignore them like some sort of cyber punk dysopia? AWESOME!"

That's uh, I guess you could believe that's going to happen.

Seems... really unlikely.

The closest I could see to that is people saving labor on some special sort of billboard by putting some kind of screen area on them that your robo-eyes can recognize and display an ad over.

Or it just detects your emotions and displays an ad for your local hitman whenever you see an ex.

That's only if you're plugged into the local DARKESTNET hub. The DARKNET is actually a government-run service, and they don't offer hitmen, so you gotta go even darker.

Naw DARKESTNET becomes the place where you can get illicit non bitcoin currency, you need to go one level down to DARKNET 2 (DARKESTNET's successor (DARKNET's successor)).

I don't think that's where it would go that's just what I think of when in regards to cyber punk. I wouldn't be surprised if it did go there, but I doubt it will.

Would it be DARKESTNET 2 instead of DARKNET? Or does it go DARKNET 2 and then DARKNEST 2 and on goes the turtle?

Online dating is the worst. I don't know how you're supposed to use words to make a good impression of yourself but I'm awful at it.

I don't know how you're supposed to use words to make a good impression of yourself but I'm awful at it.

You're telling us...

DARKNEST is just a light switch that works like a nest thermostat that doubles as a TOR pass through.

I'm kinda laughing because Darknest is a real place and it's definitely just a sin bin for SF/Fantasy/Gaming erotica. 

I'm kinda laughing because Darknest is a real place and it's definitely just a sin bin for SF/Fantasy/Gaming erotica.

All those Droopy McCool x Samwise Gamgee x Leisure Suit Larry fics belong on the dark web.

You can take away my Droopy McCool & and Samwise Gamgee, but how dare you take away my Leisure Suit Larry!

I have a weird attraction to those games: my name is Larry and it was cool it come across another Larry other than my father.

You can take away my Droopy McCool & and Samwise Gamgee, but how dare you take away my Leisure Suit Larry!

I have a weird attraction to those games: my name is Larry and it was cool it come across another Larry other than my father.

My dad used to play games for me while I was sitting on his lap when I was really really young.

One of those games eluded me for many years - I had very distinct memory of a screen in the game where a guy was wearing a Hawaiian shirt in a beach setting, I believe trying to talk to some information desk or something.

After describing it in as much detail as possible, someone finally identified it as one of the Leisure Suit Larry games.

...So my dad played Leisure Suit Larry with me when I was a small child. Basically.

I just realized I never asked him about it. I should.

Man now that I think about it, my dad used to play a lot of computer games. I wonder why he stopped. I should buy him a super sweet racing wheel setup. I know that was always his biggest jam.

That's the best possible use for that name so hey more power to them. :)

I want to take control of my money, but I have no idea what to do. I spent about an hour today reading about ISAs cash/stocks and shares, but it's so complicated and so boring. 

Leaving my money in an account with basically no interest is pretty much just losing money for me. I wish there was something or someone who could just say "This account is what you want and this is why. Do it."