gdf

Life

Work has gotten so stressful to the point that I get ill every other week. My body is telling me to take a break, but everything else is telling me to get as much shit done as possible. I worked myself to the point I was in bed for a week over Xmas. On boxing day I was back in the lab and worked solidly for a month. Then this last week I've been crazy ill again. It's nothing bad, just a cold, but bad enough that I feel like shit when I wake up and get dizzy if I stand for too long. 

I only have a month and a half left to get shit done, it doesn't seem feasible, but the more I do the better. Getting ill constantly isn't helping though. I should probably add that I've been working 7 days a week with 10+ hour days since the beginning of September. 

Over the last few days, I've found that an easy way to relax and get away from work for a while is to check yourself into a psych ward.

It's not a method I would recommend unless you need it, though.

Dang lansbury. Hope you're doin' all right. D: Slack misses you.

Hmm, was this serious? If so I wish you the best!

It was serious!

I had a rough couple of days, but now I'm getting better. I'm still in a psych ward and they're futzing with my medications, so things are still a little hazy and unclear, but I hope to be out by Wednesday and back to y'all on Slack and stuff!

It was serious!

I had a rough couple of days, but now I'm getting better. I'm still in a psych ward and they're futzing with my medications, so things are still a little hazy and unclear, but I hope to be out by Wednesday and back to y'all on Slack and stuff!

Glad to hear you're feeling better lansbury.

(don't tell the others but you're my favourite )

I just found out that yesterday was the cut off to find health coverage for the year not just for January and that I could be fined up to $700 for not getting the exemption to the fine I got last year. It's pretty damn unlikely that I'll get charged more then a $100 from what I understand, and honestly that may be worth it for saving myself the headaches and phone calls. But it would be nice if I lived in a state that would actually expand medicaid (Which I would have qualified for last year for various reasons I won't get into in, other states) so I could afford something instead of twiddling their thumbs over some stupid political game. Bah I say! BAH.

I think if you did a poll of everyone, Lansbury might be everyone's favorite.

#TrueFacts

Also, he's my waifu, and nobody else can claim that. U: U: U:

I think if you did a poll of everyone, Lansbury might be everyone's favorite.

I am the pistachio ice cream of people. people bicker over chocolate vs vanilla, but only because everyone knows who the true champion is.

also I'm green

Chilling outside and an Owl casually starts flying around the garden. I hear Morepork pretty frequently but I think this is the first time I've seen one. It was a really serene moment.

What isn't making me feel serene is finding out that DoucheV and co. are holding meetups for their group all over the country. My entire facebook wall seems lit up with people warning each other to be really careful in town on Saturday.

I don't even know where to get weed. Eh, I'm pretty much done with drugs at this point of my life, I like to be alert and ready, anything that dulls my senses just feels like a terrible idea.

So I guess speed is ok, and I've always wanted to try aderall, but they don't sell it in the UK.

I'm running into a problem at work that I didn't expect to. I was expecting pushback on the educational piece that goes with my project -- materials and an optional training session for clinics on how to improve interactions with trans patient populations -- but it's not taking the form that I expected. I'm hitting a wall where heads of clinics are saying, "I don't understand why we need this training. It seems like basic empathy. People should have basic empathy. We don't want to participate in this."

"People should have basic empathy. Now let me demonstrate my lack of empathy by rejecting this idea."

I don't even know where to get weed. Eh, I'm pretty much done with drugs at this point of my life, I like to be alert and ready, anything that dulls my senses just feels like a terrible idea.

So I guess speed is ok, and I've always wanted to try aderall, but they don't sell it in the UK.

You can always use it when you need to relax. Hell, after a stressful day at work I smoke a bit or have a few drinks. 

Aderall is okay, didn't do much for me. Ritalin really made me focused and on point, but it also made me feel like a automaton, as if I was on cruise control and my body just took over. I hate that feeling, but I got a lot done.

In other news I was able to sleep off my hangover. I went out with someone last night and thought it was a date. As the night progressed I saw different signals and I asked her if it was just an outing or date; it was an outing. Oh well, I still had a great time with her and we danced. We're going out drinking this weekend and plan on getting hammered. Haha

I just found out that yesterday was the cut off to find health coverage for the year not just for January and that I could be fined up to $700 for not getting the exemption to the fine I got last year. It's pretty damn unlikely that I'll get charged more then a $100 from what I understand, and honestly that may be worth it for saving myself the headaches and phone calls. But it would be nice if I lived in a state that would actually expand medicaid (Which I would have qualified for last year for various reasons I won't get into in, other states) so I could afford something instead of twiddling their thumbs over some stupid political game. Bah I say! BAH.

I don't know how much you make for a year, but I think that's all dealt with in your taxes, so you shouldn't have to call?

I barely make shit so the fee was waved for me last year.

I know that last year I had to go through a bunch of hoops to get a code to put on my taxes to wave the fee. But then maybe I didn't have to do that? I guess I'll find out in a year or so.

Oh right, I use Turbo Tax or H&R Block, depending on what is cheaper for that year, so it's automated for me. I imagine if you do taxes yourself it is probably more of a hassle.

Oh yeah, the only reason I ever have to pay for the program is I always have contract work I have to fill out and type in all the deductions for. If I had straight W2s I guess it would be free every year for me.

I have bad tax advice, sorry.

Notice: If you make less than $62,000, use MyFreeTaxes, sponsored by United Way, to prepare and file your federal and state taxes for free through H&R Block.

Perfect, I plan to do my taxes in the next few days but wasn't sure where to go!