gdf

Life

Yeah I've lived in cities where it's mandatory to ride on the sidewalk and cities where it's mandatory to ride on the road and cities where you do whatever the fuck you want.

I don't get it.

That's also a per city rule here in the Seattle area, to the point that I was by a car coming out of a driveway while ridding on the sidewalk and had to figure out what side of the city line I was on to know whether I could be held at fault or not. Turns out I was on the wrong side of the city line so I had to eat my bike repair costs myself.

- The meds I'm on got changed. They took one away and downgraded the strength for the other one. 

Now I'm on 2mgs of Abilify and it's doing wonders! No more anger issues, suicidal thoughts or depression. Hufuckingzzah!

- Also. Also! Going to be seeing some old friends in the following days and I'm insanely excited to see them. :D

- I'm worried about one close friend because his retirement checks are not coming in, he's late on rent, and most of the money that he will be getting will be going straight to bills. I'm going to be helping him with groceries, coffee and such. 

He's also getting fucked in an other way because of the arena coming in--what a piece of shit: gentrifying and ruining Sac--his rent is going to be raised later this year and he's going to have to find a new place to live. 

Fucking hell.

I'm going to a Bat Mitzvah and having Rosh Hashanah dinner with my girlfriend's family this weekend. I've been asked to help cook for it. Holy smokes, all this Judaism in my life all of a sudden!

man oh man, when the latkes come out.... I miss having a Jewish roommate : ( (not just for the food. she's also just a delightful person.)

I think I started getting my neighbor's mail. I got a letter like a week ago with some USPS driver writing, "is this you?" on it because they had the same last name. Since I can't respond to them since that is a very one sided conversation, I threw they letter away. Another factor is I thought they were trying to send mail to my uncle (who is named Kelly) but maybe thinks my wife took my last name and her name is Kelly?

But as I received more mail I start to notice these look like bills. I am thinking of going and asking the neighbor about it, if there is a Kelly with my last name, but then I don't want to mention I have already thrown away some of the mail. Also I am wondering if they will feel I need to call USPS to sort this out and that I am a bad dude for not having done so already.

It's not your responsibility to contact USPS. Just go round, say this is the first mail like this you've got and ask if it's for them. If it is, just drop it off whenever some shows up. (If you can't be arsed to do that, just don't contact them, obv!) I guess you could put a sign on your mailbox saying "S. Gerbil lives here. For T Gerbil please use mailbox number 1138"...

I'm starting to panic as the reality of my move is setting in. First time living outside of New York in like 30 years. Ack.

That set, if anybody on the off chance knows of a clean Austin, TX apartment I could sublet Oct - Dec, I'd love to hear about it! 

I guess I'd prefer not disgusting and filthy. I'm sort of old and tidy, but my flexibility will probably increase with my desperation to not have to drive from San Antonio every day. If you hear of anything I'd be most grateful.

I'll keep you in mind for sure if I hear anything. A lot of people I know are usually couples living together in a one bedroom as opposed to more spacious multiroom things.

I spend so much time on work these days. I have to be in a lot of meetings about topics I don't understand (I did not know what neonatal hyperbilirubinemia was until I was invited to be a part of a committee about it, for instance) and provide them with meaningful support or provide meaningful patient advocacy, so I spend a good amount of time outside of work just playing catch-up with doctors who have obviously spent way more time than me on certain topics -- for things like colectomy, I'm on committees with doctor who deal almost exclusively with that specific thing. I go in early and leave late a lot of the time, just because I have a lot to do. I print out articles from medical journals and bring them home with me, and study at night. I'm becoming a workaholic and getting a self-education about a lot of medical topics.

But I don't really mind. I am probably the happiest I have been in, like... 12 years? I'm appreciated at work (at one meeting that I just support, I introduced myself as "just administrative support" and the leads chided me for saying just -- that is the level of appreciation I experience at my job) and I like almost everyone I deal with. I have long term concerns about work-life balance since I see myself just throwing myself into this job once I advance in an FLSA exempt position, but short term I'm just rolling with it. I'm really into my life right now.

I think I've only posted in this thread when I'm feeling down on myself or trepidatious about something, so I decided to put happy things in here once.

Glad to hear it Mangela. Do take care of yourself though. A little stress can be good but it will damage you if you overdo it.

I don't get it.

Five times in the past year, the person I'm going out with has just disappeared, stopped talking to me entirely, not even the courtesy to say "sorry not interested" before doing it.

This last one, we'd been texting almost every day for two months and it seemed like it was going really well, she seemed pretty into me, which I'm usually bad at judging, but hey she asked me to come to Austin (she lives there now, but was living in Dallas to start, and comes to Dallas like every other week, ish, as part of her school/networking/junk), and literally our last real conversation was me saying I would go visit her in Austin next time she had a free weekend. And then now for two weeks, no response. So I've given up, again. And now I'm just giving up.

What's wrong with me?

I don't get it.

Damn, accidentally hide my message.

Like I said, nothing is wrong with you, it's on them. They could have a lot of shit on their plate or they're flaky.

Move on, treat yourself and when you're ready try again. Try not to think about it, if you do, it'll wreck ya.

Hah, yeah, maybe, thanks.

I just... bleh. I'm not good at this in the first place, and I just blehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I've been down that road my whole life, why stop now!!!

I've had the number for various recommended therapists for a long time now but I haven't called because I don't even know what to say. "I'm sad." I guess that should work. But for some reason I just can't make myself do it.

That would annoy me to no end. I can't stand people who fail to reply or just can't give a flat out no in dating, job applications, anything. It's like if she leaves you hanging for two weeks, then you have to waste your energy wondering.

Hey see if I complain, something happens!

She finally said something and she says she's just super busy right now (master's thesis going on) and can't be investing in a relationship.

Well, whether or not that's the real reason, at least she had the courtesy to eventually let me know...

So I feel better.

Not really, though, but at least I'm not angry about it.

Bleh!