gdf

Life

Gorm's love life is like Voldemart, it must not be spoken of aloud :P

But seriously, I agree with everyone else Gorm.  This sounds like a good thing, you're a pretty awesome person and you're overthinking all this. 

Gor

For the record, I'd have trouble following my own and others' advice too. I just thought it was worth saying.

In other news, I got emergency texted by my supervisor today that even though I was known holidays I had to solve a mini crisis for them. I am still surprised to be reminded that I'm not just a disposable cog from the machine. My presence there means something real.

Also my girlfriend is now even more sure that I should ask for a raise.

My college roommate who I love very much is coming to visit me next weekend (27th & 28th) and I'm so very excited to see her for the first time in 2 years.

So to withdraw any of the money I'm making through Patreon, I need a foreign tax ID number. I'm having a tough time getting that. From what I gather, I'll also need some form of ID, most likely a passport. To get that, I'll need to go have new photos taken, pay $120 that I don't have, and wait five weeks. I can skip that last step by finding a way to get to Fredericton, where they can renew it in five days.

I need... help, or advice. Or money. Or something.

Yesterday was one of those days that I thought my eyebrows were gonna burst into flames the second I stepped outside.

post-31977-0-25320300-1434815561_thumb.jpg

And that's after it started to cool down a bit.

Living in the Southwest is like living on the surface of the sun. It's horrible. (I lived in Oklahoma for 8 months and you might as well just never go outside ever again.)

So to withdraw any of the money I'm making through Patreon, I need a foreign tax ID number. I'm having a tough time getting that. From what I gather, I'll also need some form of ID, most likely a passport. To get that, I'll need to go have new photos taken, pay $120 that I don't have, and wait five weeks. I can skip that last step by finding a way to get to Fredericton, where they can renew it in five days.

I need... help, or advice. Or money. Or something.

I had to get a US tax number a few years back, there was a form I had to fill out and send to the embassy with my passport (or a copy, I have a feeling I sent the real thing) and that was it, I had to wait a while and they refused to give me any information about it, they just told me to wait. One day it eventually it turned up.

In my case it was to make use of a treaty preventing double taxation but I could still have just said "ok tax me twice". 

Hopefully they accept some other form of ID because I don't see a solution unless you can persuade patreon to be flexible. Failing that maybe you know someone that could lend you the money to get through this process then pay them back when you receive the money?

tegan's Canadian so I don't think the experience will be the same.

Have you tried contacting Patreon about any alternative approach at all? Maybe if you have another form of ID they could accept it once you're talking to some sort of support person?

I worked out how to get to Fredericton and get my passport done. I just need to nail down actually getting the forms for the Tax ID number and where to send them.

It probably is worth dropping Patreon a quick email - I think, at the size they're at, they're still staffed by humans and they might be able to do something to help with the money side.

I don't want to go into details, but good thoughts for my landlady would be greatly appreciated. She's an awesome, incredibly kind older woman who suffered some crazy, unexpected burns during heart surgery today.

My thoughts go out to your landlady, Mangela.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the people I know in life who are truly kind. There are some people in this world who have the ability to only make the world better, even if it is in the smallest ways to a small amount of people. As a young person, it's easy to see life as a challenge to pursue your own goals. There are people in life who really put that into perspective for me with their generosity and positive attitudes. Often, it is simple things like a genuine smile that can change someone's day. For example, today, I was feeling a bit down about where I am with some stuff in my life. I went to get a haircut, and the hairdresser was a nice lady who gave me a smile when I came in. Things like that can really help a person out. 

There's a quote in Porco Rosso where he says, "Only the good die." Obviously it's not true, but it seems sometimes that bad hands often get dealt to those least deserving. 

Hope your landlady is doing better Mangela. Surgery is bad enough without complications.

In Super Biased life me and my girlfriend made a hard decision about where we'll live. I won't go into details but we thought about it a lot and eventually decided on what we think is best.

What sucks is, I sent a message to my parents telling them about it and their lack of response so far tells me that they disagree with my choice as I feared. They're not the kind of parents to force me to do anything and for that I'm grateful. But they will be insistent upon their advice as if I'm making choices on a pure whim.

Its frustrating to be seen as this much of a child but I'm sure this is the kind of parenting that never really goes away.

Somewhere in northern Europe maybe? :P

If so I hope you like it here.

No, not quite that kind of decision. :P (though I am in Sweden right now)

It's just about us turning down an offer of a cheap apartment from a relative for a better more stable one that costs us more.

At some point they have to trust in their past selves having raised you well enough to make good decisions.

Are you moving to Davis / Sacramento?

So I'm stuck in Minneapolis. I was supposed to have a connecting flight to Tulsa Oklahoma but the flight leaving Phoenix was over an hour delayed and my connecting flight was just starting to taxi as I got to the gate. Now I have a new flight leaving at 5am tomorrow morning which means I need to wake up at about midnight phoenix time to give myself enough time to get a cab to the airport, check my bags, and take another long ass flight with another layover to finally get to Tulsa some time after noon. And I was supposed to meet with our prospective client's IT department tomorrow morning to set up for a demo.

So now I get to show up super late with 2 hours of sleep if I'm lucky and try to impress these people and get our system up and running. And no word on my luggage yet. Just sitting here in baggage claim waiting for them to find my shit. If they don't then I guess I need to go buy some new clothes since I'm in shorts and flip flops.

Flying really fucking sucks ass. I haven't been in this much of a panic in a really long time.

I almost got stuck in Detroit a couple weeks back trying to get home to Austin. There were tornado warnings and I guess Chicago got hit pretty hard with inclement weather, which caused all manner of diversions, delays and cancellations. Finally made it to Dallas and literally ran to the gate, making my connecting flight by maybe 10 or 15 minutes.

My cousin, aunt & uncle ended up stuck in Baltimore for a couple days trying to get back to Austin from Detroit. It was really unfun.

I don't blame the airlines for the weather, but boy could they have been a little more forthcoming about what the hell was happening.

For the past couple days I've been waking up at 5PM and haven't been able to get to sleep until about 9AM. Unemployed life is just great!

For the past couple days I've been waking up at 5PM and haven't been able to get to sleep until about 9AM. Unemployed life is just great!

I'm pretty excited for my sleep schedule to get all weird like this, it's my last week at my current job and I'm pretty happy about it!

I'm pretty excited for my sleep schedule to get all weird like this, it's my last week at my current job and I'm pretty happy about it!

It definitely helps for late-night gaming with people in America, but for getting stuff done during the day it's really annoying. I've no idea how to fix it either, I can't seem to force myself to stay up later or wake up earlier.

Get a really loud alarm clock, then put it somewhere that is well out of reach of your bed so you have to get up to turn it off. Then have a cold shower. I've had bad sleeping habits for most of my life, but I kinda hate it, you feel much better with a regular sleep schedule.