gdf

Life

Man I wish there was an easy solution to that. I feel like I've been shortchanging myself my whole life with procrastination on projects that require any bit of creative thinking. I always leave this stupid amount of fucking around doing nothing in the beginning of a deadline or working on something else that is less important, then as a deadline approaches I start panicking until I coax myself into thinking I still have plenty of time. Then the week before I work extremely hard no sleep and feel delirious.

It seems like this has gotten worse with age. But I feel you Merus and sometimes wondering if this is just a very human thing to do or if it's just some people are too "weak" to just instantly jump at a long term task.

And the thing about it is, I don't have this procrastination problem with short tasks. I remember in middle school and high school I was really good at getting all of my homework almost done ASAP depending on free time between classes and lunch so I could go home and hang out with friends and do drugs (since I didn't play video games very much then). But that only worked with stuff that I could say had a solid beginning, middle, and end and therefore came quickly to me like math or physics homework. Research papers were simple for me, it was just rehashing stuff in MLA format which I guess every other student struggled with. But if it were any kind of critical or analytical paper needing my point of view or some kind of long form thing needed revisions and extensive sources I was just rushing to do it all like a few days before. I started doing the same with art/animation projects up to this day.

I think it's human nature at some point, some people just deal with it better. I end up in this corner myself quite a bit, but I'm also the right bit of paranoid that I tend to build extra time into my deadlines so I end up with a little breathing room if things go wrong. The downside of that is that sometimes I build extra time on top of extra time and do things like arriving for a dinner meeting 2 hours early, but better early than late I guess.

It seems like this has gotten worse with age. But I feel you Merus and sometimes wondering if this is just a very human thing to do or if it's just some people are too "weak" to just instantly jump at a long term task.

I think it is a human thing, because my mum does it, except my mum is also capable of getting shit done and going on long after any reasonable person would have said that whatever this is isn't happening.

This is why people should only ever play video-games forever.

And it turns out he was playing Threes on his phone while walking down the street. 

I'm about to spend 8-ish days on my own without my wife for the first time since we've been married. We work together so we spend a lot of time together on a daily basis. The longest I think we've been apart in the last year was a couple days. I feel like the next week is going to be so weird.

I haven't been with a specific person all the time, but I just recently moved into a place completely on my own for the first time (previously having lived with 3, then 2, then 1 other person) and it was definitely kind of a mindfuck for the first week or so.

Yeah, there are multiple reasons I think it's going to be weird -

1. Security - I feel weird listening to headphones or sleeping with nobody else in the house
  2. Loneliness - Spending 2/3 of my time with just myself is sure to be weird
  3. Being away from my wife specifically/routine - Sleeping in bed alone, making coffee for one, making small portions of food, etc are all weird

I also work with my partner, and have for most of the last 7-8 years or so.  On the rare occasion one of us needs to leave town without the other for a few days, it is super fucking weird. 

I honestly enjoy it though, it's good for us to have some time apart occasionally, given that we spend like 90 percent of our waking hours together. 

I've been living alone since I was a teenager and sometimes it definitely gets to me.

Yesterday I got hit by a car IRL

Geez, dude, are you alright? I mean, that doesn't look too bad, but it does look like it hurt.

My boyfriend works from home so him not being in the house for extended periods of time is VERY odd to me. I also hate it because being in the house alone at night is scary for me. (But thankfully we have a cat now.)

And it turns out he was playing Threes on his phone while walking down the street. 

You really missed a joke about Crossy Road there.

Our powers out, I just spilled a scalding hot cup of coffee in my crotch, then had to take a cold shower to clean the burn. This Friday can fuck right off.

I am going on the Virginia Custom Beer Tour tomorrow.

It's in Pennsylvania, but her name is Virginia. I am very excited!

I'm just starting a week on my own without my girlfriend of 6.5 years and am already loving it.

I must have watched something shitty on YouTube out of morbid curiosity at some point, because a bunch of GG-ish anti-feminism stuff, mainly by that Sargon of Akkad guy, started showing up in my home page recommendations. I clicked "not interested" on all of them, which eventually seemed to banish them, but now I'm paranoid that some algorithm somewhere has assigned me some sort of affinity to bullshit. As if that matters.

Affinity to Bullshit is Total Biscuit's new fragrance.

Me and my girlfriend were long distance for years until we moved in together last year. Then 6 months later I got a job in another town two hours away where she hasn't moved yet because of reasons.

It's weird how quickly we adjusted to living together all the time and now we've been mainly seeing each other on weekends for a few months and that's much harder to adjust to.

I must have watched something shitty on YouTube out of morbid curiosity at some point, because a bunch of GG-ish anti-feminism stuff, mainly by that Sargon of Akkad guy, started showing up in my home page recommendations. I clicked "not interested" on all of them, which eventually seemed to banish them, but now I'm paranoid that some algorithm somewhere has assigned me some sort of affinity to bullshit. As if that matters.

I've been getting some of that too. I wonder if it's just throwing it at people who've watched general gaming videos.

Could be. I briefly wondered whether it was some sort of deliberate effort, kind of like Google bombing. Like, getting a bunch of people to alternate between Feminist Frequency and Sargon of Akkad videos. I don't know how feasible that is on YouTube.

Commencement was today, so my little college town was overrun by undergrads' families.

Did you know they make dress shirts in camo print? They are not pretty and people wearing them apparently do not understand Hare Krishna demonstrations at all.

Could be. I briefly wondered whether it was some sort of deliberate effort, kind of like Google bombing. Like, getting a bunch of people to alternate between Feminist Frequency and Sargon of Akkad videos. I don't know how feasible that is on YouTube.

I barely use Youtube ever and I get those videos a bit, that one particular one that says FemFreq is bullshit. I think it's having to do ANYTHING with gaming. 

I get those as well.  I assumed it was because YouTube is unable to recognize whether I'm for or against stuff like that and just shows me everything.  I've started telling it I'm not interested and for the most part they've disappeared.

I've been living alone since I was a teenager and sometimes it definitely gets to me.

Geez, dude, are you alright? I mean, that doesn't look too bad, but it does look like it hurt.

Yeah I'm gonna be in pain for a while but that's unsurprising!