gdf

Life

Good news: Free fridge!

Bad news: It comes at the end of April D:

Other bad news: Wasps and bees seem to love the new computer room! I'm not someone typically scared of them even though I don't know if I'm allergic. But having one hover by your hands and face can be just a little stressful.

Eh, whatever, I really shouldn't care since I'm trying to get together a new portfolio and trying to find a new job. Yet I get major anxiety imagining putting in my two weeks. Feel like I would let everyone down.

I am in the exact boat, hate my job, it's not what they advertised they do things I object to morally, my boss treats all my opinions as wrong because I'm not as old as him and he bases everything on how much tax he pays and yet I feel bad for looking for other jobs.

SAM just saved the world from nuclear disaster.

Yeah, I'd say it's probably about 50/50.

That, or it's lunch related.  He found the perfect balance of bacon, lettuce and tomato, creating a sandwich that transcends all that we have ever known of the sandwich. 

I live in the same city so if it is a device of mass destruction I won't even have to worry, I'll just be vaporized.

What SAM didn't tell us is that, as is traditional of the eureka effect, he was eating his lunch naked. And now he's been arrested for public indecency. We'll never see him again.

That, or it's lunch related.  He found the perfect balance of bacon, lettuce and tomato, creating a sandwich that transcends all that we have ever known of the sandwich. 

The proper ratio is something like 5:1:2. If he has finally devised the theorem proving that mayonnaise isn't necessary on sandwiches I will vigorously kiss and/or not kiss him depending on his preference.

The proper ratio is something like 5:1:2. If he has finally devised the theorem proving that mayonnaise isn't necessary on sandwiches I will vigorously kiss and/or not kiss him depending on his preference.

I generally prefer bbq sauce on most of my sandwiches.

I did once eat a Reuben that nearly brought tears to my eyes, prepared by a french chef who now runs a bbq joint. The balance in flavors between the kraut, smoked corned beef, cheese and mustard was one of the most beautiful things my mouth has experienced.

I just ate a baked potato, and now I'm hungry again. 

Mayonnaise isn't required for sandwiches because mayonnaise is gross and overrated & I will accept kisses in the form of viewing your kisses on SAM.

mayo is so good tho so i'm p sure ur wrong

Remember to shout

"Can you fly, you sucker?!"

when the plan comes off.

OH MY FUCKING GOD IT WORKS!

:'(

I generally prefer bbq sauce on most of my sandwiches.

I did once eat a Reuben that nearly brought tears to my eyes, prepared by a french chef who now runs a bbq joint. The balance in flavors between the kraut, smoked corned beef, cheese and mustard was one of the most beautiful things my mouth has experienced.

I just ate a baked potato, and now I'm hungry again. 

As a certified Jewish person, I'm authorized to tell you that's not a Reuben. Reubens aren't kosher so I don't know why this gives me authority but let's go with it. Reubens have 1000 Island (also nasty), and it sounds like you had Pastrami. I'm not knocking that sandwich, it sounds amazing and superior to a Reuben. Just sayin'.

Mayo is bad, like most other creamy, white sauces (sour cream, cream cheese (worst Jew, seriously), cottage cheese, RANCH "The Tastebud Killer"). I will cop to the notion that an exquisite homemade mayo could be a complement to a sandwich, but the shit you slap out of a jar straight on to a ruined sandwich is just the worst.

1000 Island

Thousand Island dressing should totally re-brand as 1KI, give it street appeal.

I will test my prototype time machine tomorrow. SecretAsianMan kindly volunteered to be the first test pilot. Excited to see if it works!

Ya'll need to learn some sauce love. The sauce ignorance and intolerance in this thread is disgusting.

Man, I'm about to disappoint everyone.

I've spent the last year or so working almost entirely working on a single project.  I can't (and won't because its boring) go into detail but I will say that what I'm doing is extremely important to the plant.  Today, we had the vendor come on the site to do some post installation testing.  While the system isn't entirely 100% complete yet, it was far enough along to do the test and see if it works.  I've been insanely nervous the entire time I've been working on this that I fucked it up and it wouldn't work.  I don't have any basis for that other than paranoia and self doubt.  The very good news is that the test went great and the thing works better than I expected.  The amount of relief I'm feeling right now is unbelievable.

To sum up, I didn't completely waste the last year of my life!

(also to Ben, the part that I have a plan for isn't finished yet so that victory cry will come later)

Man, I'm about to disappoint everyone.

I've spent the last year or so working almost entirely working on a single project.  I can't (and won't because its boring) go into detail but I will say that what I'm doing is extremely important to the plant.  Today, we had the vendor come on the site to do some post installation testing.  While the system isn't entirely 100% complete yet, it was far enough along to do the test and see if it works.  I've been insanely nervous the entire time I've been working on this that I fucked it up and it wouldn't work.  I don't have any basis for that other than paranoia and self doubt.  The very good news is that the test went great and the thing works better than I expected.  The amount of relief I'm feeling right now is unbelievable.

To sum up, I didn't completely waste the last year of my life!

(also to Ben, the part that I have a plan for isn't finished yet so that victory cry will come later)

I'm glad the (I assume) crushing anxiety in part has subsided! Now, the question we really want the answer to: Where do you stand on mayonnaise?

I'm glad the (I assume) crushing anxiety in part has subsided! Now, the question we really want the answer to: Where do you stand on mayonnaise?

... I don't like it.  I'll eat it, but only in small amounts and in certain applications.