gdf

Life

My grandma died today. We knew it was coming, but it was difficult to say when. My parents and sister were out of town on vacation, so they have to cut it short and fly back tonight. I live a couple hours from where she was, I imagine I'll be heading down there sometime soon.

I feel like a mess, left work early but couldn't drive particularly well. At home, my hand-eye coordination is lacking and I'm knocking into things. I haven't had a close family member die in my adult life, it's really something... different. I see now why people need to take time off to deal with these things.

My condolences.  I only have one surviving grandparent right now so I know how you feel.  It's a hard thing to parse and though you might (sadly) get used to it, it never really gets any easier.

Sorry to hear that, even when you know it's coming, it doesn't necessarily make it any less difficult to get through. 

My grandma died today. We knew it was coming, but it was difficult to say when. My parents and sister were out of town on vacation, so they have to cut it short and fly back tonight. I live a couple hours from where she was, I imagine I'll be heading down there sometime soon.

I feel like a mess, left work early but couldn't drive particularly well. At home, my hand-eye coordination is lacking and I'm knocking into things. I haven't had a close family member die in my adult life, it's really something... different. I see now why people need to take time off to deal with these things.

My condolences. Take care of yourself.

Tonight is the first night I'm able to actually sit in my new place and relax. It feels so good to be in a living situation that isn't horrible and toxic.

You know that scene at the end of Tremors where Kevin Bacon runs toward a cliff screaming "I've got a goddamn plan!"  I feel like that right now.  I may have found a solution to a big problem that presented itself yesterday.  It's a long way from complete but I think it's going to work.  I'm cautiously optimistic.

Remember to shout

"Can you fly, you sucker?!"

when the plan comes off.

SAM, I'd rather not know you worked at a nuclear power plant when you do a post like that:P

SAM, I'd rather not know you worked at a nuclear power plant when you do a post like that:P

Notice that I left out the part about running with a bomb in my hand while a giant monster chases me.

He even has the "Do it for her" sign, but instead of "her" it says "nerd ropes".

Spent the entire moving into a new house that's waaay bigger for us (Mum, The Boy, and Myself). A couple of hiccups to start with -the painters hadn't even moved past a base coat and there was wall shaving everywhere!- But by the time the movers came they'd finished -well wacked on a top coat over the under coat- but it's nice to be in a house that has room for everyone and that honestly does have some pretty stunning views and a tonne of flora about the place. It's really special to be surrounded by native birds (well lots of Tui and Kereru) again rather than being surrounded by the concrete jungle. :D

Man, I got myself into a really stupid situation. I've been talking with someone almost every day for months now, and we got close. Too close. The main complication being that they live in another goddamn country and we both agreed that we weren't looking for anything long distance (been there, not a fan), but we were both in a really shitty place and we needed something to tide us over. We knew that it'd never go anywhere, but I guess somewhere along the way my dumb mammal brain forgot about that... and then they found someone. And it hurt, a lot, but I don't have anyone to blame except my own dumb ass for getting too close. It doesn't help matters that I was just getting back to studying after a much needed reprieve and my anxiety is already going nuts again. Fucking hell, I don't even know where to begin.

/whinge

Almost got a new apartment nailed down, I think. I'm scared about moving to Halifax (and I still don't feel financially stable enough to go through with it), but I wanna do this.

Almost got a new apartment nailed down, I think. I'm scared about moving to Halifax (and I still don't feel financially stable enough to go through with it), but I wanna do this.

<3 you can do this girl!!!! 

I've lived in Halifax for most of my life (right now I'm living near Quinpool road.) I usually don't post much on the forums, but if you want to talk to a Haligonian in the community I'll be around!

My financial and living situation is a bit tenuous right now as well. Unemployed and looking for a job that fits my skills..

Golly gee I sure do enjoy being woken up at 5:30am by EXTREMELY LOUD UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS and then hearing them three hours later talk EXTREMELY LOUDLY about how all their neighbors need to chill out because it's Saturday.

I want them gone from this world.

Hey, that's my life right now too! Mine wake up an hour before my alarm clock every day and are super loud getting ready. It's JUST enough that I can't get back to sleep. I've talked to them numerous times about it, and they've been shitty enough in other ways that my landlady is kicking them out of the building, but so far nothing has actually happened. I haven't had a full night of sleep on a weekday since they moved in in November.

Haaaa... Fortunately they don't do this on weekdays - well it has happened, just not consistently - but nearly every weekend, ugh. Also they seem to enjoy wearing shoes indoors because I can hear the sharp thud every single footstep they take every night. And I guess they don't like to sit down because they're always walking around.

Also LAST weekend I was awakened at 7am by one of them BANGING ON THE WINDOWS because she locked herself outside or was locked out by her roommate or I don't know but it lasted twenty minutes. At least it stopped after that, though. "LET ME IN I NEED YOU TO LET ME IN"

I used to live in a place with some old couple who would listen to the same fucking marching band music at the crack of dawn every single day.

Also, there used to be a couple across the hall here who had some pretty bad relationship issues; I got to hear them yell and slam doors all the time.

Part of me would love to enact revenge by figuring out when noise would annoy them and then sitting there banging a broom against the ceiling five times every time I hear the word 'the' while watching TV. Then I remember this would probably escalate and just move instead.

My worst similar situation was when I started living on the top floor of a nice building with great balconies and views, but the apartment next to mine was used as those apartment rental type alternatives to hotel rooms.

So there'd regularly be fresh assholes staying there after going to the local music arena for a show, making lots of noise on the balcony right next to my bedroom. Getting mad or complaining was futile as they were never there for more than a day or two of wining and partying, and hilariously part of me didn't want to ruin their break.

I moved into a much nicer place but without any of the view, which I do miss but I guess it's something to look forward to in some future home.

I just don't understand why people can't be considerate. I've always been conscious of the volume of my music, and even though I'd like to listen to it loudly, I don't, because I know it'd annoy my neighbors. If I have people over we make sure not to scream or shout. I guess I'm not an asshole?

I fucking hate them so much.

And yeah I've definitely violently fantasized about just wrecking the ceiling at 3am. And possibly other things that are less healthy to fantasize about.

Also I just realized that when she said IT'S SATURDAY CHILL OUT she probably didn't realize it wasn't Saturday anymore and was in fact eight hours past Saturday. Christ I want them to never know sleep again.

Content warning, this turns really violent if you havne't seen it before.