gdf

Life

It's just too much to handle because I really need to dedicate time to doing my projects well to make my degree worth it and there won't be enough hours in the day if I'm at a 40-50 job all week. That and no full time job wants generally wants to work around a school schedule.

I tried persuading all of these opportunities to try me out part time, but no dice.

Sorry I meant they just dropped out of school and never looked back.

I can certainly understand the desire to finish school, though.

Sorry I meant they just dropped out of school and never looked back.

I kind of did that, although for me "dropping out" was a process that lasted years, during which I came rather close to actually getting my diploma. But personally I would not recommend this to anyone, especially non-programmers. In my personal experience, only programmers seem to be happy with that choice, and not even them that often -- e.g. I'm the only programmer without any finished higher education in our whole company (about 40-50 programmers).

I had a job interview yesterday that went really well. I'll hear back about whether or not I've got it later but right now my brain is going mad with thoughts of if I get offered it. I'd not only get a real income(not that I know what the pay is...) , but also have a good job and be working in a twice Oscar nominated studio.

I don't know if I'll get it. I'll be able to accept it if I don't and move on with other plans I have. But after how it went I am now entertaining the idea that they could take me on and aaaaaahhh.

I need to stop thinking about it, but I probably won't.

I saw a Swedish Vanaman today. He was serving customers in the local state-owned liquor store and had a big tattoo on his lower left arm. 

I had a job interview yesterday that went really well. I'll hear back about whether or not I've got it later but right now my brain is going mad with thoughts of if I get offered it. I'd not only get a real income(not that I know what the pay is...) , but also have a good job and be working in a twice Oscar nominated studio.

Good luck man, that'll be a great opportunity! Hope you get it!

Also I have no way of seeing Song of the Sea yet.

I have dreams about my friends and people I know from twitter all at a party and I am not invited, I sit outside on a bench in the snow and watch through a window.

fuck I am lonely.

I have dreams where I date Donald Glover a lot. It's actually kinda odd. 

You can tell us if it is really Danny Glover.

On the other hand, I'd much prefer to just hang out with Donald Glover so I'd imagine he's much more dateable.

It's actually just an N64 cartridge of Glover.

Last night I dreamt I was arguing with my father. We're ideologically opposed. Horrible way to wake up.

This is a recurring theme for me. Sometimes it ends in fisticuffs, usually other times with that panicked sensation when waking up

My parents filed for divorce up when I was 13ish but didn't have separate living conditions till closer to 16 so there were some long tense years there with lots of arguments. That was also the last time I talked/saw the guy.

He ended up in Alabama doing who knows what, accomplishing nothing, and died last october. And even that caused stress to my life because his mother wanted my brother (who tried to keep contact) to pay for the burial. I offered to send a shovel, but was declined

Grayson - didn't mean to bury your comment with my recurring bs. I saw you in dotatoday the other night, if ever around usually need a 5th for our shenanigans

This video might get lost in this topic, but it's relevant to shitty family situations, as well as being a really interesting lecture about game design from two of the greats.

(relevant section around the 4 minute mark getting into detail around 9 minutes, first minute has no audio)

I had no idea what Harvey Smith's life was like growing up, and after hearing about it I had so much empathy, and just found it amazing and inspiring.

There's this 'newer' article on RPS that covers some of the same areas, with extra discussion about Dishonored.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/17/unmasked-dishonoreds-harvey-smith/

There's also Harvey's semi-autobiographical fiction novel "Big Jack is Dead" that deals with family issues, and that i've been wanting to read for a while. Sorry for the semi-derail into the "Harvey Smith-worship topic", I just remember coming across the video years ago and feeling an incredible amount of kinship and not feeling like I was alone, hopefully it'll be of help to others too.

I have glasses now for the first time in my life and man it's weird. Like just walking around is disorienting. Ahhh!

Oh man twig, we are twins this weekend. I just got new glasses (i've used glasses since i was 10) and i'm all disorientated too, and a little headachey. I'm going to give it another day and ring them if it doesn't improve.

I was told to give it a week and see how it felt at the end after my eyes adjusted.

But yeah my eyesight had gotten noticea

OH GOD TYPING FEELS SO WEIRD BECAUSE MY HANDS ARE IN MY PERIPHERAL VISION, OUTSIDE MY CORRECTIVE LENSES VISION

noticeably worse, and now here I am with astigmatism I guess and my eyes now feel like they're NOT CONNECTED TO MY FACE

oh god i can't wait to get used to this (i hope i get used to this)

I habitually go too long before replacing my glasses, and so still get the super disorienting day or two of adjusting to a new pair. 

I recently got a pair of prescription safety glasses for work.  One lens is slightly stronger than my normal glasses so whenever I put them on I have to take some time and adjust.  It's mildly disorienting for a couple minutes but they are infinitely more comfortable than what I was previously doing, which was wearing a pair of non-prescription safety glasses over my normal ones.