gdf

Life

I guess I just have this thing against dogs people don't look after. All the times riding bikes as a kid and dogs chasing me. Dogs hate bikes.

Glad you aren't severly injured though.

Yeah, out of control dogs are the worst. I almost hit one the other day because it and its friend came out of nowhere and ran out on the street, chasing a hare around the block. Maybe use a leash if your dog isn't trained.

Hi I'm gonna be at Gamescom in Germany, somewhere in the Indie Megabooth all next week. Probably wearing all orange, probably on SpeedRunners.

Just throwin it out there!

I won't be, but I wish you a great time and tons of adoration by the 100.000+ Summer-crazed Germans attending! If you see Joe Kucan walking around, which is eminently possible, don't forget to surreptitiously steal a hair a brew from it a strange concoction. It will bestow eternal youth and increased length. [Also baldness.]

I love the idle forums.

Also if anyone knows where I can watch an english dub of Guardians of the Galaxy in Koln Germany, I'd like to hear it.

I don't know if this is self-promotion thread or Life thread or what.  Sorry; I'm bad at bantering.

My roommate is moving out and I need to find a roommate.  Or I need to move out myself and move from my nice, unique NJ apartment closer to my job in NYC.  Or I need to get a new job.  Or I need to get a new life.

So if you know anyone interested in Craig's List photography or if you have any deep life advice, let me know!  Thanks!

You should clean up that stuff in the bedroom and take another picture. It makes the space look smaller and makes you seem less desirable as a roommate. Just sayin'.

Tegan is on the ball, that pic makes the room look the worst.

I actually thought maybe it was a joke post when I saw that first photo. X:

Argh, thanks. I was afraid of that.

I'm not allowed to move anything. My roommate isn't going to touch anything until the very last day he's there.

That's kind of a dick move. He won't even at least shove his mess off to the side to make for a better picture? That's what I always did. ):

Move his mess out of the way when he's not around, then move it back after you're done taking pictures!

That is actually what I would do if he really refused to clean his shit.

Poop somewhere hidden and he will have to clean to find it.

No, poop twice, once in an obvious spot and once in a hidden spot. Then, after they clean up the first poo, they will think its just a residual odor and ignore the second poo until it is far too late. 
This also has the added benefit of gaining respect/fear/disgust from your future roommate, hopefully making them inclined to be better roommates.

No, poop twice, once in an obvious spot and once in a hidden spot. Then, after they clean up the first poo, they will think its just a residual odor and ignore the second poo until it is far too late. 

This also has the added benefit of gaining respect/fear/disgust from your future roommate, hopefully making them inclined to be better roommates.

I'm am totally swamped with the amount of stuff I have to do at work, as pretty much everyone here is.  It's really hard to get support from people because everyone's so busy.  However, a few days ago our coffee maker stopped working properly and now there are at least 6 engineers standing around trying to fix it.  This place is weird.

I find it really upsetting that my apartment's handyman treating me dismissively about my leaky toilet today is bothering me more than the apocalyptic shit going down a few miles away in Ferguson over the shooting of Michael Brown.

I find it really upsetting that my apartment's handyman treating me dismissively about my leaky toilet today is bothering me more than the apocalyptic shit going down a few miles away in Ferguson over the shooting of Michael Brown.

In a way what you say reminds me of why I value this thread.

Reading it from time to time has helped me to stop just dismissing the way I feel about something because on some level I felt it logically shouldn't bother me, that there were more important things going on with the world. To push back against my desire to live up to some almost quasi-philosophical idea that as a rational human being I should be capable of stopping some little day to day annoyance from dominating my mind. 

That's not to say the stuf going on in Ferguson, or Gaza, or the Ukraine, or Iraq, or syria isn't horrific, it's just none of us is a empathic superperson and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

My friend sent me a signed Comic-Con exclusive variant version of Lumberjanes #4!

...Then the post office bent the fuck out of it putting it in my mailbox.

Our product is in for the last stage of our CE certification tomorrow. We are kinda done with all the paperwork, so we have been doing invisible movie quizzes. Also, there is a BBQ in our building this evening, so that should be fun:)

This day apparently marks 200 years without war for my country. It's a nice "achievement", although some would argue that we've broken that streak some time ago what with there being Swedish troops deployed in places of conflict around the world (as part of peace-keeping forces).

Hopefully we can keep the streak going, although the whole Ukraine situation has worried quite a few people.