gdf

Life

It was after the big pineapple fight of 2003, when **** got the ********* and advocated that Idle Thumbs **************** everyone in the ***.

You're right, that was even before then. 'Pappies' we called them, and soon they were all bummed in the gob.

He's wrong, though. Pepperoni is fine, and some of the best pizzas I've ever had are just dough, sauce, cheese. It's a bit funny that you go from one side of the spectrum where cheese and pepperoni are the only toppings and some of those people will turn their nose up at margherita pizza. What did you think those cheese pizzas were! Pepperoni just has to go with something. Or do what some restaurants do, and put it under the cheese (and then burn the cheese; the restaurants I'm thinking of don't make very good pizza).

Plus, Maddox still exists?

The best pizza I ever had was a pepperoni pizza in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan. It was ridiculously expensive (I was on expenses), and the pepperoni was so good. The slices were oblong, and it had curled up just the slightest bit in the oven so the edges went crispy.

Also, i don't generally like pizza (bread), so it must have been something rather good!

I was horrified for a moment that someone had uncensored *********, but seems all this filth here is using a loophole (zero-width space?).

What, pineapple? It's just not censored for me. I'm one of the exceptions.

So did those of you who are able to post the word ********* without it being censored go through some special ********* certification at some point?

So did those of you who are able to post the word ********* without it being censored go through some special ********* certification at some point?

Any time I need to post something that I can't, I just put a [b][/b] in the middle of it, including this very sentence.

Something hilarious (to me) that I noticed about OKCupid: When I was living in San Francisco, the suggested matches OKCupid would throw at me were all in excess of 85% according to whatever algorithm they use... Ever since I moved back to Ohio, the best match they've suggested to me so far is 74%, with an average more in the high-60s. Man, I must've really gone west coast while I lived there the past four years.

Related, I've noticed that a lot of my friends here in Ohio seem really... closed-minded to me. It makes things kind of awkward sometimes. I try not to bring it up or dwell on it too much but man.

Something hilarious (to me) that I noticed about OKCupid: When I was living in San Francisco, the suggested matches OKCupid would throw at me were all in excess of 85% according to whatever algorithm they use... Ever since I moved back to Ohio, the best match they've suggested to me so far is 74%, with an average more in the high-60s. Man, I must've really gone west coast while I lived there the past four years.

Related, I've noticed that a lot of my friends here in Ohio seem really... closed-minded to me. It makes things kind of awkward sometimes. I try not to bring it up or dwell on it too much but man.

Which part of the state are you in? I've noticed that even Columbus is a bit more closed-minded than I'm used to, but maybe I just used to live in a land populated by many hippies.

Relatively close to Cincinnati. Lebanon, specifically. My friends are from Dayton. I play Dota with one of them frequently, and he employs usage of the word "gay" pejoratively, which is awkward because I regularly complain about the many homophobic comments in that toxic, toxic community.

I guess I had one friend like that in San Francisco. But only one. And only one in Seattle, too. Weird stuff. Sorta jarring!

I just had a really strangely depressing night out

Went out with three of my closest friend, normally they are guys who I can feel comfortable around and enjoy my time with even if I'm not particularly enthused by whichever establishment we have decided to visit .

But tonight something in me just snapped as we we're sitting in a bar, I went from a little bored but enjoying seeing my friends, to being unable to stand being out for a second more.

So I said my goodbyes and went home.

Idk I mean, I know I don't particularly like my home town, but it's something I thought I'd made my peace with in exchange for taking a shot at doing some work I care about by move home to minimise my outgoings.

But I feel at times if it's wearing me down, dating feels impossible, and the place is culturally dead.

Relatively close to Cincinnati. Lebanon, specifically. My friends are from Dayton. I play Dota with one of them frequently, and he employs usage of the word "gay" pejoratively, which is awkward because I regularly complain about the many homophobic comments in that toxic, toxic community.

I guess I had one friend like that in San Francisco. But only one. And only one in Seattle, too. Weird stuff. Sorta jarring!

Things like this happen all the time where I am, not often from my friends but from their friends & it always leaves me with worrying are my friends just behaving I front of me because they know I've called them on it in the past.

There one particular friend of a friend who insists on using the N word, who I've almost come to blows with a couple of times (which wouldn't work out well for me since he's built like a brick shit house).

It just frustrates me deeply that my friends who I feel are good people tolerate this stuff .

Fucking Cincinnati, I'm glad I left that place.

I still have all my friends and family there but I'm never moving back there. Though I will be back there during Christmas to visit my parents.

I just had a really strangely depressing night out

Went out with three of my closest friend, normally they are guys who I can feel comfortable around and enjoy my time with even if I'm not particularly enthused by whichever establishment we have decided to visit .

But tonight something in me just snapped as we we're sitting in a bar, I went from a little bored but enjoying seeing my friends, to being unable to stand being out for a second more.

So I said my goodbyes and went home.

Idk I mean, I know I don't particularly like my home town, but it's something I thought I'd made my peace with in exchange for taking a shot at doing some work I care about by move home to minimise my outgoings.

But I feel at times if it's wearing me down, dating feels impossible, and the place is culturally dead.

Things like this happen all the time where I am, not often from my friends but from their friends & it always leaves me with worrying are my friends just behaving I front of me because they know I've called them on it in the past.

There one particular friend of a friend who insists on using the N word, who I've almost come to blows with a couple of times (which wouldn't work out well for me since he's built like a brick shit house).

It just frustrates me deeply that my friends who I feel are good people tolerate this stuff .

I had very similar feelings about my home town. Moving to a city — even if it's relatively small and only half an hour away by train — was one of the best decisions I ever made and my overall happiness is infinitely higher.

It's also setting me up nicely for giving me the confidence to go to a much bigger city at some point during the next few years; in some ways it's like 'moving to the city' on training wheels because I still have everyone close by, but there's enough distance that I'm obligated to make an effort to meet new people and get involved with local shit. Incidentally, local shit is something that basically didn't exist in my home town — if you didn't like sitting in a pub with the lads, you were in trouble.

I personally think that nothing in life is more important than living somewhere that makes you happy; it's like finding the right partner, except even more important. There is absolutely nothing that should come between that, and — as harsh as it sounds — that includes friends and family. If you feel like another part of the country or world will be a better fit for you, find a way to get there. You can always return or go elsewhere if it doesn't work out.

Well, after just moving and having basically nothing else to entertain myself with at home due to no internet access yet and my utter reliance on it for TV, films, and music, my PS3 just died — with me about 90% (70+ hours) through GTA5. Fucking Christ.

Managed to get a quick backup of my saved games for GTA5 as the PS3 can survive like 30 seconds before giving up, although I suspect it won't boot at all soon. It also turns out you can't just plug the hard drive into another PS3 because it's all encrypted. I'm subscribing to PS+ the moment I get internet access. It was only £204 for a 500Gb model with Beyond: Two Face, which was a pleasant surprise because normally it's bad value to physically buy consoles in town.

It's six years old now, so I guess it was about due to go kaput. As I still have numerous games I want to play on it plus a collection of stuff I'll want to replay for years to come, I figured I might as well just get a PS3 Super Slim. I use it so much for everything from music to Netflix that it just seems right to give Sony a little more money for something that's given me so many hours of joy.

I still have no internet though, so I'm about to find out how ropey a state developers release their games in nowadays due to the assumption that everyone will just download a day-one patch.

It also turns out you can't just plug the hard drive into another PS3 because it's all encrypted.

I lost soooo many saves when my PS3 Phat died because of this. 

I personally think that nothing in life is more important than living somewhere that makes you happy; it's like finding the right partner, except even more important. There is absolutely nothing that should come between that, and — as harsh as it sounds — that includes friends and family. If you feel like another part of the country or world will be a better fit for you, find a way to get there. You can always return or go elsewhere if it doesn't work out.

Totally second this :tup:

I met a bunch of people growing up that should have left, but instead spent decades ageing into nice but vaguely sad and lonely people with no drive instead. Do not do this, anyone.

Fucking Cincinnati, I'm glad I left that place.

I still have all my friends and family there but I'm never moving back there. Though I will be back there during Christmas to visit my parents.

I grew up in Cincinnati as well, (in Terrace Park/Milford area if that means anything to you), and I completely agree with this. It wasn't until I got to college that I realized how close-minded my peers were, and the environment was that I was brought up in. It makes going home incredibly frustrating, as I can't stand hanging out with my former high school friends, complaining about "how damn sensitive everyone is". It makes me pretty upset that I used to agree with them.

I grew up in Cincinnati as well, (in Terrace Park/Milford area if that means anything to you), and I completely agree with this. It wasn't until I got to college that I realized how close-minded my peers were, and the environment was that I was brought up in. It makes going home incredibly frustrating, as I can't stand hanging out with my former high school friends, complaining about "how damn sensitive everyone is". It makes me pretty upset that I used to agree with them.

I have a friend who loves everything about Cincinnati and plans to live there her whole life, but hates every single person living there and spends most of her time feeling incredibly alone. I really don't understand her at all, because what good is a place if you hate all the people in it, but then I'm from Dallas and, while I enjoy visiting for a week or so every year, I would never want to live there again. Sometimes I'm surprised I even made it the first eighteen years whole.

Well I grew up in Dayton, moved to Lebanon near end of high school, and went to UC for undergrad. I met some good friends there who weren't so closed-minded (and one of them moved to San Francisco around the same time I did). But I only have like four friends left from undergrad, four friends left from high school, and no friends from before that. I don't think I could tolerate most people I used to know in Ohio.

Man, I must have lived in a weird place.  I also spent time in Cincinnati (high school specifically) but I never found it that much of a problem.  And being one of the two Asian and less than 10 non-white kids in the entire school you'd think I'd have encountered something but I never really did.