gdf

Life

So this morning, one of the cats is acting crazy. I discover that it's because a cat I've never seen before is looking cute on the other side of the cat-door. Our largest cat of three comes up and is like "I got this." and puts on her war-face. I make a motion to close the cat-door with this slidy plastic thing and our large cat is so wired that she just swats at the circumstance and I feel a single claw go deep into the back of my hand. It hurt a surprising amount and I am jumping in pain as I go to the bathroom to poor alcohol on it. I tell Capt. Hastings that I'm hit and she comes in to help me bandage it. I'm like "It hurts a lot more than it looks like it would." I'm jumping around trying to distract myself from the pain and thinking about how deep in my hand that claw felt like it went. I sit down and tell the Capt. "I feel like I'm going to faint."

Remember the visions that Shepard has when she touches the Conduit? Lots of really intense dreams mixed with a sense of urgency that occur quickly over a few seconds? I'm swimming through dark non-water with wind rushing past my ears and I have to get back into consciousness, but my body isn't moving and I have no clue where I am. Capt. Hastings is looking at me and laughing going are you ok and I am so confused. For about 2 seconds I had no idea where I was was or what year it is. "Are you ok? Your face hit the floor and you started snoring. It was really weird." Capt. Hastings laughs as she tells me. I just start weeping and explaining that I am really scared and I don't know what's going on.

After sitting there the floor for a bit and sobbing, it didn't take long to recall everything, but my emotional state was too intense and took about 10 minutes to dissolve. It was like someone hit my reset-button the layers of meaning and identity immediately reapplied themselves. It was so fucking crazy. The rest of the day I'm philosophizing about the fragility of life how I've experience some perceptible experience of rebirth, and Capt. Hastings is responding with "I'm glad I cleaned the kitchen floor recently because you ate it."

Everyone is ok so I think it was a super interesting morning.

This story makes you sound like a bit of a pussy(cat). Dangit I can't do the small font on a mobile.

So this morning, one of the cats is acting crazy. I discover that it's because a cat I've never seen before is looking cute on the other side of the cat-door. Our largest cat of three comes up and is like "I got this." and puts on her war-face. I make a motion to close the cat-door with this slidy plastic thing and our large cat is so wired that she just swats at the circumstance and I feel a single claw go deep into the back of my hand. It hurt a surprising amount and I am jumping in pain as I go to the bathroom to poor alcohol on it. I tell Capt. Hastings that I'm hit and she comes in to help me bandage it. I'm like "It hurts a lot more than it looks like it would." I'm jumping around trying to distract myself from the pain and thinking about how deep in my hand that claw felt like it went. I sit down and tell the Capt. "I feel like I'm going to faint."

Remember the visions that Shepard has when she touches the Conduit? Lots of really intense dreams mixed with a sense of urgency that occur quickly over a few seconds? I'm swimming through dark non-water with wind rushing past my ears and I have to get back into consciousness, but my body isn't moving and I have no clue where I am. Capt. Hastings is looking at me and laughing going are you ok and I am so confused. For about 2 seconds I had no idea where I was was or what year it is. "Are you ok? Your face hit the floor and you started snoring. It was really weird." Capt. Hastings laughs as she tells me. I just start weeping and explaining that I am really scared and I don't know what's going on.

After sitting there the floor for a bit and sobbing, it didn't take long to recall everything, but my emotional state was too intense and took about 10 minutes to dissolve. It was like someone hit my reset-button the layers of meaning and identity immediately reapplied themselves. It was so fucking crazy. The rest of the day I'm philosophizing about the fragility of life how I've experience some perceptible experience of rebirth, and Capt. Hastings is responding with "I'm glad I cleaned the kitchen floor recently because you ate it."

You experienced shock.  It happens!

Pshaw. Science. I had a religious experience. When I was out, Super Junior told me that I had to bring a message back to my reality (this didn't really happen, but we were listening to K-pop at the time and I remember it being involved in my dream. It's actually all I remember about it.)

...and I don't think it was this song either. Don't worry, if I remember what song it was, I'll post it.

Keep an eye on that because some fairly horrifying things have happened to people as a result of cat scratches. It seems that they carry a lot of bacteria around that can lead to septicaemia and such if it hits your blood stream. Don't ignore it if you start feeling weird in the next week! Swelling around the scratch or 'flu' means go to hospital.

I was listening to this while reading your post and I'm pretty sure that made it even better!

I didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but the Random Thought or Movie/TV threads didn't feel appropriate.

Harold Ramis passed away.  Super sad to hear this.  Egon was always my favorite Ghostbuster.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

Fuck.  That blows.  Ramis wrote, directed or starred in what are most of my all time favorite comedies.  Going to have to watch Groundhog Day this week.

What kind of Gamerscore does an achievement like that get you?

My immature brain says 69G.

In a more serious tone, that sucks.

Just woken up and read about Harold Ramis. I'm actually tearful, which is perhaps because I'm turning into a nostalgic nightmare, but probably because Ghostbusters was a huge part of childhood and he seemed like the nicest, most talented and humble gent imaginable.

So, campers, rise and shine. And don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4JXKUv5MQ

More importantly: did you punch him in the nose?

Even more importantly: will you be writing (more) publicly about it?

EDIT: waaaaitaminute, Merus, you big sexist, it might not have been a man!

Misandry, Ben, it's called misandry

I find that offensive, it should be Misterandry.

Anyway, joking aside, that sucks Subbes, and I'm genuinely interested to know if you'll be kicking up a fuss (my gut reaction is to hope that you will).

That totally sucks subbes. Sorry to hear it.

I recently saw a games journalist commenting on a post about games industry sexism on facebook, saying he didn't believe there was an industry wide problem and it was just isolated cases. Later, he argued that statements about it were "just too vague". The thread went on for hundreds of comments, many giving very specific examples. I cannot believe how stubborn some men in this industry are when it comes to seeing the problem.