gdf

Life

Yeah I heard there were more storms. I'm in sf, but we are working with a hopsital in north carolina, and I was going to have to get up really early to help run some testing with our software and theirs, but they canceled due to the weather, I guess nobody could get to work.

I keep having nightmares about my family, and I'm getting emails from them again. Ugh.

^^^  That sucks, tegan.  How are you holding up?

Gave Cabot his first chemotherapy dose, and his anti-nausea medication.  Here's hoping.

Who are 'them'?

Unless it is your family haha

It is. My mother emails me now and then, and for the past year or so she's been essentially trying to bribe me into meeting up with her by saying that she has phony savings bond money for me.

^^^  That sucks, tegan.  How are you holding up?

Honestly, I've been feeling really lousy lately. I'm really worried about finances and my sleep schedule is all whacked up.

It was just a bunch of little things (the biggest one being not meeting my stats week after week), paired with my complete lack of enthusiasm being there (I didn't know if was that apparent, but there we are.) Oh well, it's just a step on to doing something different and possibly better.

Tegan: That sucks, I hope things get better for you.

subbes: Go Cabot go!

My life is boring as shit recently. So boring I fucked up the camping reservations for Yosemite, and will now have to wait a month to go in July when its hot and much less chance of being able to go rafting, or wait until 10 days beforehand, grab a cancelled reservation, and hope I get the reservation for a time I have to tell my friends I will get it for.

All because I forgot late at night, because every night is the same routine, and I'm bored to death of it. I'm still trying to get my movie sold, still have no idea where I'm at with that. I'm writing a novel, I'm going to write a crappy generic pop song just to see if I can make it a hit, or rather just for "teh lulz" at least.

But none of that seems to be making a difference, today's SMBC really hit home for me:

3c2Jn05.png

If there's anything I miss from being a kid, it's how much new stuff there was to find and discover. I keep trying as an adult, but its just a lot harder now. Stupid boring adult life.

If there's anything I miss from being a kid, it's how much new stuff there was to find and discover. I keep trying as an adult, but its just a lot harder now. Stupid boring adult life.

Since I quit smoking I've been finding new stuff all the time! So I recommend you start smoking and then quit!

[edit] sorry, mistook this for the drunken thread

I recently was completely confirmed to be a City Carrier Assistant for the Post Office on the 22nd, but as said earlier, I am not really up for that kind of scheduling so I'm desperately trying to get out of this before next Saturday with a different job. The stamp licking/envelope stuffing job didn't come through because it ended up being a first come, first serve job at the temp agency and while it's still possible I can get in if someone quits this week, I'm not counting on it. So I took Clyde's advice and visited two hotels needing shifts filled ASAP. So I have an interview for evening shift/night audit at a Marriot Tuesday. Hope I get it as I just remembered how fucking awesome evening shifts on Sundays were at the last hotel I worked at. You'd get like five customers in 8 hours and everything would be super quiet. Haven't done night audit before, but I'm not against it since it sounds just as relaxed and I'm writing this at 5:30 am anyway like a dolt (consider it training).

I also might get an interview at Half Price Books this week. That's where I really want to work, to be surrounded by shit I love all day in a calm environment. I don't even care what they pay. I hope they come through. Also it's pretty close to the vet my fiancee works at so we can carpool like awesome economical people.

I can't wait to see how my advice pans out; I never manage to be foolish enough to take it ;)

Everyone I see working in Half Price books always looks soul-dead, maybe that's just the area I live in or something.

Everyone I see working in Half Price books always looks soul-dead, maybe that's just the area I live in or something.

From my experience living the "dream" of working at a large, corporate bookstore, it's mostly just that the job repeatedly introduces you to the sort of people you'd never think (and wouldn't want to think) would buy books. The introverts and bookworms you think of as regular customers never talk to you, while the soccer mom who thinks you're Google, the paranoid schizophrenic who wants a book without certain secret pages removed, and the old man who uses returns to treat the store like a library all talk to you constantly.

they still haven't actually offered me the job

ehehhhhhhhheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewhatishappeningwithmylife

ehebhehbebhebhehe EDIT ebhebhdhhhhh moments later i get an email

Well it looks like one of their contracts did a funny thing so now they have to freeze the hiring process. I'm first on the list once they open back up, but who knows when that'll be.

AND HERE I WAS BEING ALL OPTIMISTIC FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT.

BACK TO THE SPIRALING PIT OF DESPAIR I GO.

I don't think their company actually exists at this point. I think they are a front for dealing drugs.

I'm actually not doing Half Price Books now, they didn't want me. I got hired at two different hotels for evening and night audit shifts. I'm probably going to take the one that doesn't make me shave my facial hair and is more run down and lets me goof off more. Shallow I suppose, but my fiancee likes those beardy hairs.

Ah that sucks Twig. I've had the rug pulled out from under me once like that and it was horrible. Keep on trucking.

I don't think their company actually exists at this point. I think they are a front for dealing drugs.

I'm actually not doing Half Price Books now, they didn't want me. I got hired at two different hotels for evening and night audit shifts. I'm probably going to take the one that doesn't make me shave my facial hair and is more run down and lets me goof off more. Shallow I suppose, but my fiancee likes those beardy hairs.

Thanks for the update.

Tonight I was taking my dog for a walk at a local park.

Driving there, since it was night time and I didn't feel like jogging the mile and a half there just to let her off the leash.

I let her out, it's a dark parking lot right at the edge of the city, before all the hills and vineyards start.

She immediately finds something interesting, it's a shape I can't really make out as my eyes haven't adjusted from the road yet.

I hear cluck cluckle and think "oh wtf?" Sure enough, probably from small farm just over the hill, there's a chicken.

The problem here is, my dog is half border collie. She loves to herd things.

She immediately starts barking and nipping at the poor chicken, which starts cluckling all around the gravel parking lot while its friend looks on in horror at the dog that simply won't stop harassing it.

My dog, Ginger, thinks its all magnificent fun and even as I demand of her in as deep a voice as I can muster to COME NOW she refuses, chasing the chicken around with woofs and nipping at it; her goal, if any, is unclear but the process being entirely enjoyable.

Finally I go to drag her over by the collar, but despite being nine she's zipping all around chicken, which is running around in circles trying to get away, and I'm chasing her all around try to grab ahold of her.

After several minutes of this I manage to grab her and drag her away from the parking lot, far enough away that she ignores the chickens and seems content to go on a walk.

It's at this moment I notice that I have my hand on the climbing hook I use as a key ring. A key ring that feels oddly light.

I have a habit of playing with things with my hands. I look down, and sure enough the keys aren't there.

At some point while chasing my dog who's chasing the chicken I reached into my pocket, grabbed the climbing hook, subconciously pressed down, and released the keys somewhere onto the parking lot.

Well, I don't just want to go deal with the chickens again, I don't even have a leash to tie my dog up while I search for the keys.

I take her for a walk, no one's coming to the park relatively late at night to find a random set of keys in the parking lot, assume that they belong to the car in the parking lot, and then make off with said car.

I just hope the chickens are gone when I get back.

A half hour later I jog down to the parking lot, Ginger following close behind.

Initially it seems the chickens are gone. Then I spot two small, dark shapes huddled against each other...

Fortunately, for whatever reason, they don't seem that interesting now to Ginger, who goes around smelling for things and leaves them alone. This leaves me free to search for my keys. In the dark, with some not too close streetlights for illumination, in a parking lot able to fit upwards of a dozen cars, that's made of large gravel an old key ring could easily blend into.

Twenty minutes of scraping the ground later, and there's nothing. I have a set of keys back at home. A mile and a half of suburbia away. I have a crazy dog with me that will happily bolt after any cat she sees for the sheer thrill of the chase without a moments notice, and no leash to hold her back.

But there's nothing for it. I put my head down and jog the entire way home, yelling at Ginger for her to stick close by to minimize and chasing of cats across the street.

I drove home using the extra set of keys. I couldn't find the ones I lost even with a flashlight. I've replaced the batteries and the flashlight is much brighter now. Maybe I'll got out and try again tonight. Maybe I'll wait till morning.

I applied for a software engineering bachelor of IT rather close to the wire but I've been called back and asked to come to orientation! So excite.

Remember the friend who was dating a girl he didn't really like but also didn't want to break up with? Well, their breakup started happening two hours ago while I was over, so I've just been walking around the block since then. At least I'm getting great cardio!