gdf

Life

Me too, although in its original sense of "a little sniffle that a man is exaggerating into a massive illness because men are all such big babies", not the sense that those big baby men have uncomprehendingly and ironically now given it, which is "a massive illness that I, a man, have".

Life is kinda great right now. I've just finished my summer job which was weeding a lily farm; now I'm thinking about whether I'm going to do a course in film, or creative writing, or software engineering, and I'm just kind of lounging in that state where you feel like you have all of the possibilities right now without the crushing weight of feasibility.

What isn't so great is this meatworks that's about 10k down the road from where I'm staying. It's upwind so pretty often we get the great stench of all that.. Plus it's been really hot which qualifies at over 20 celsius and I really need some airflow in the bedroom I live my life out of.

Summer job? Are you in the southern hemisphere?

新年快乐

Happy Chinese New Year.  It's the Year of the Horse in case anyone's wondering.

Pff, now real life is stealing its celebrations from video games. This is DISGUSTING!

Pff, now real life is stealing its celebrations from video games. This is DISGUSTING!

In Dishonored China, it is the Year of the Horse Armor.

Summer job? Are you in the southern hemisphere?

Yep, NZ.

Thumbs, what are your best home remedies for flu? I can feel a bout coming on and I'd like to head it off at the pass. Maybe get a headstart and sweat it out now with a hot chili meal before the fever dial up gets turned up to 11.

A friend of mine said that lemon is good because it breaks down mucus. I find that I like honey a lot when I have a flu it's pretty good for a sore throat or something.

I've also heard that a few drops of apple cider vinegar in some kind of tea/juice can be good. Aside from being delicious a good tea would be hot water, honey, chunks of fresh cut ginger, squeezed lemon, and a few drops of that cider vinegar.

Thumbs, what are your best home remedies for flu? I can feel a bout coming on and I'd like to head it off at the pass. Maybe get a headstart and sweat it out now with a hot chili meal before the fever dial up gets turned up to 11.

Whenever I start to get sick or am in the throes of being sick, I go spicy. Hot and Sour chinese soup, Pho, Chili Garlic Sricha Ramen, I do that and lots of OJ and juices too. 

I have no clue if that helps but I feel like punishing my body with spices makes me feel better. Plus it opens up the sinuses 

The vet thinks Cabot's cancer is back.  

We're seeing the surgeon and an oncologist on Tuesday.

post-8532-0-19905600-1391242146_thumb.jpg

Poor baby already lost a leg due to cancer, but no, cancer's not happy with that, cancer won't be happy until everything is tumour.

fuck cancer

Thanks for the chilli vs flu tips, seems to have done the trick. Went straight to recovery phase, did not stop in fever jail. Now to get the naps in...

All the best for Cabot the worm cat.

Due to the stress of my job causing me to only sleep about three hours a night the last week, I too am having a bout with illness. Ran a pretty good fever yesterday, got home super early, slept for 12 hours. Still feel gross, but much better. I'll certainly be ready for work on Monday at least...

Justin, I just re-read my post and realised it got a bit confused and might read like I was calling you a big baby, which I wasn't! I was being pedantically irritated simultaneously at people who refer to bad colds as flu, people who think it's a true fact that every man ever who gets a cold will exaggerate it and men who use it incorrectly, seemingly believing "man-flu" is a real thing that means men get worse colds than women.

Having day off is always good thing, but after all of this there's going to be some tough time in school.

However, I'm having some calm days playing games.

I just spoonerized Nick's name as Brick Necron.  I'm not sure if there's a joke here or not.

I just spoonerized Nick's name as Brick Necron.  I'm not sure if there's a joke here or not.

I picture a 9 foot tall necromancer built like a freight train.