gdf

Life

Hard to infer what anyone feels, but I hope it's not cut you up too badly Patters, and that you're feeling better soon. Great to hear you're managing to get fitter.

I agree with Ben, although I think it's worth clarifying that when he said 'attracted' I took that to mean in the sense of chemistry and general lover appeal (i.e. the spark) rather than anything physical. Likes you more as a friend, that kind of thing. Or maybe I'm just projecting what happened with my last relationship, heh.

I would normally too, but I asked that specific question, saying that I'd be fine with that as I'd understand. I think she did it because she has had a hard time recently and lost contact with quite a few people and from having had relationships end really badly. From how much we've talked about it it's just the wrong time, which is disappointing, and hurts but oh well. Onwards and upwards. 

I have been brought up to be nice and polite to everyone i meet, regardless of their culture, race, sex or background. And thats what I do.

I dunno, I find it hard to understand how people cant to do that. 

THEY STILL HAVE NOT CALLED ME WITH THE OFFER SO I'M WIGGIN' OUT LIKE A MADMAN.

I have been brought up to be nice and polite to everyone i meet, regardless of their culture, race, sex or background. And thats what I do.

I dunno, I find it hard to understand how people cant to do that. 

I think that's pretty much everyone's intention, but since no one can really understand what will offend someone else it's an impossible task. I didn't know about "crippled" until today, and I'm not sure what word I'd use to replace it in conversation. I'm still not convinced that "crazy" should be offensive to anyone, but apparently it is. *shrug* I dunno, I just stopped talking to people, it's the Seattle way.

Regarding having an opinion:

Just keep an open mind and be respectful. If you think twerking is ridiculous and someone says that your attitude is racist, it's not too much to ask for them to explain their perspective a bit. Consider it and move on. I think that a lot of people just feel that they don't want to fuck up, so they just never mention something again if it gets a negative reaction; that's why you can end up with a list of rules. Instead, be willing to make sincere mistakes and then welcome criticism, eventually a list of dont's turns into a set of heuristics and then you stare at the ceiling five years later while listening to a favorite album and you go "Ohhhhhhh!" and you grok, but that's just one more piece.

It's like everything else, nothing is ever finished. For a long time I wanted a house. That was my goal. If only I had a house. I have a house, now I have to mow the fucking yard and fix shit. It never stops; when it does, it'll be because I'm dead. Everything is movement, the only end is death and that's subjective.

Almost related:

My cousin mentioned that evolution was ridiculous on Facebook and I was like "why?"

She then asked me a question that seemed to be a sincere point she was confused about (she wanted to know where the common ancestors went after we branched). I had never considered that before and did a little bit of research and reported back to her.

Later on it occurred to me that not every creationist is inflexible. It can be scary to ask questions about something that has been presented as heretical. I felt that way when I started watching videos on Marx and I felt the same way when I started lookong up Libertarian videos; as if I was going to get a knock on the door. It was really cool to have an opportunity to give someone a safe place to ask a heavily poiliticized question. I live for that shit.

It was really cool to have an opportunity to give someone a safe place to ask a heavily poiliticized question. I live for that shit.

That's a nice story.  I'm trying to learn to tone down my responses on social media, and instead of delivering my opinion, just asking questions of people who say things I disagree with. 

That's a nice story. I'm trying to learn to tone down my responses on social media, and instead of delivering my opinion, just asking questions of people who say things I disagree with.

I have a hypothesis that discussion is actually just clarification of opinion. Sometimes the opinion changes during the discussion which can make it last longer. Also, this explains why I talk A LOT when I feel that I'm being misunderstood or misrepresented; I feel the need to clarify my opinion.

Everything is movement, the only end is death and that's subjective.

Well I mean technically it's not subjective. It's a fact that either death is the end or death isn't the end. But no one will know for sure until they die! Or they won't know because death is the end and they stop learning after they die. Hey that's a weird thing. I guess as far as it's relevant to our lives it's subjective.

WOKKA WOKKA STILL NO CALL SORRY I'M BORED AS BUTT

I want a root beer float...

What I mean is that it's just the end for the person who dies. Everyone else just keeps going.

Yeah I know I'm just 

my mind is everywhere, that's all.

Yeah I know I'm just 

my mind is everywhere, that's all.

Goddammit twig, if we have to tell you one more time.

I think that's pretty much everyone's intention, but since no one can really understand what will offend someone else it's an impossible task. I didn't know about "crippled" until today, and I'm not sure what word I'd use to replace it in conversation. I'm still not convinced that "crazy" should be offensive to anyone, but apparently it is. *shrug* I dunno, I just stopped talking to people, it's the Seattle way.

Not talking to people is the best way.

Aberdeen is pretty bad for all things offensive to be honest.

Goddammit twig, if we have to tell you one more time.

brb overdosing on valium

(Should get a call today according to the email I just got!)

THEY STILL HAVE NOT CALLED ME WITH THE OFFER SO I'M WIGGIN' OUT LIKE A MADMAN.

Why has this company been doing this for months?

I want you to get this job so you can figure out what the hell is going on!

"We're looking to hire someone to fix our callback policies."

I'll have to get back to you on that

CALL IN THIRTY MINUTES

Hey does anyone have any idea how much it'd cost to get movers from SF to Dallas?* I don't want to rent a truck and drive it all the way there, and also I like my bed and stuff and don't want to have to buy a new bed and stuff. But if it ends up being cheaper to just rebuy everything, I'll give in and do that.

*All these websites want a phone number and email address and real name to even give me an estimate. KINDA ANNOYING.

Coupla grand I'd say. Total guess but a coupla grand. Get them to wait and pack your stuff in with another shipment to keep costs down and be prepared to wait a couple of weeks.

Yeah that's pretty expensive. Probably not even worth it at that point I guess. Boo.

I had friends who recently moved from Kansas City to Houston.  They solved the cost issue by renting a U-Haul and packing all their stuff, but hiring day laborers to load and unload the truck at each side of the trip.  It also meant they didn't have to bother friends with helping them move.  You're still stuck driving the truck, but it does alleviate a lot of the other work at a reasonable cost. 

You could also use a service like Ridester to find someone else headed to Texas around the time you need to move to share the driving time with you, if it's driving that's the biggest obstacle. 

The call has been PUSHED BACK AN HOUR!!!!!!!!!

Time to burn Dallas to the ground.