gdf

Life

That sucks, Teg.  PM me if you wanna back-and-forth conversation (I spent Weds, Thurs and Fri in what felt like a constant panic attack) that's a bit longer form than Steam.  

P.S.  page snype

hmmmmm, i have a flight to chicago tomorrow but have nowhere to crash in seattle tonight

hopefully this works out

First time in Chicago? I got millions of places I recommend you going to.

EDIT: Holy shit Tegan, hope you get better! :[

It happened again. I threw up a bunch of water onto the bed and just barely made it to the toilet. My body even kept trying to throw up when I ran out of stomach contents. This is the worst.

It happened again. I threw up a bunch of water onto the bed and just barely made it to the toilet. My body even kept trying to throw up when I ran out of stomach contents. This is the worst.

Perhaps you should go seek some immediate medical attention. You seem to be in a very ill state. 

Yeah that doesn't sound like a thing you should be ignoring, hoping it goes away. Canada has the whole free health care thing going, right?

That does not sound good, Teg.  Do you think it was anxiety related? 

Or did I jinx you by talking about the time I took a bath with too much Epsom salt and ended up throwing up?

After being done with school for almost three years I'm FINALLY starting my career. I think it's still sinking in to a certain extent, something I thought and obsessed about everyday for 2 and a half years has finally come to pass. And, thinking about where I was a year ago to where I'm at now is pretty mind blowing. I'm trying to stay humble though because at the end of the day, it really was luck that opened up this opportunity for me.

The short of it is that I'm now a technical writer at a tortilla chip factory. The long of it is that this company is on the verge of some insane growth. In terms of production it's been breaking records every week for the past month and being the most profitable it's ever been. My boss sees a lot of potential in me to help improve the company in terms of information design and such, and I already have some ideas.

I'm excited, nervous, motivated, and doubting myself all at the same time.

DOES GOOGLE MOBILE(1) GET FREE CHIPS?

This is how the Google uprising begins.

So all of my criticisms should be coming from a talking butt with the voice of Mickey Mouse?

...that's actually slightly terrifying.

I used to find that living in Nottingham (about 800,000 people), I'd notice the small town mentality of people I tended to bump into in Derby (about 200,000); i.e. more conservative, more frequently racist or homophobic, and much less tolerant of anyone who looks or dresses differently. Having lived in London for a couple of months, I feel sort of the same way in Nottingham now and it's been making me really unhappy (In London and Brighton, I really love that most people dress a bit younger and no one really cares what you're wearing). It occurred to me a few months back that my company doesn't tie me to any particular location in the UK. I can't afford London or Brighton this year, so fuck it: I might as well give up on dating and go somewhere I can pursue my interests.

I'm contemplating moving to a much smaller town so I can do proper mountain biking more than once or twice a year. It has some of the best trails in the country in rideable distance, and someone is building a trail centre just outside of town too. There are interesting projects going on like this (they grow food in public planters and give it away to people who need it). Opinions from mountain bikers on various forums: "You might need a beard to fit in", "Loads of hippies", "Full of fucking Guardian readers". Sounds great :tup:

Is this in Scottish boarders by any chance?

Also most people who like action sports like mountain biking or motocross are not that pleasant. From what I have come across anyways.

I've just decided to, instead of stressing myself out over getting a internship after my junior year of college, to participate in a bike ride across the east coast in order to raise money for affordable housing, and help out in affordable housing builds across the East Coast! Check it out! I was hoping to do one of their cross country routes this summer, but my exams end after those rides start. This may not be the smartest career move for myself, but I'm feeling a lot of uncertainty for where I'm heading in my life career-wise, and wanted to try something that is more off the beaten path.

I found a nice walking route that takes 35 mins at lunchtime. Perfic!

Remember that affordable housing is a feminist issue; abusive partners are easier to leave when affordable housing is available.Thanks for supporting it.

Is this in Scottish boarders by any chance?

No, though I did look there. All of your trail centres look amazing.

Where I'm looking is close to Hebden Bridge. Loads of good trails rideable without needing a car trip first (I can drive, but really like not having a car), and some people are building a bike park just out of town (I'm going to build one of these but nicer).

Also most people who like action sports like mountain biking or motocross are not that pleasant. From what I have come across anyways.

Yeah, I've found the same, at least with the younger ones. A bunch of guys I've met who are doing MTB into their forties are much nicer, but the others, I end up having too many horrible conversations where they bring up immigration, some other Daily Mail issue, or (more trivially) "Why would you play videogames they're not real do a real thing outside".

Calderdale seems a lot more relaxed in some respects. I figure if I'm going to have awkward conversations on things I don't agree about, I'd rather have them with hippies than bawbags :tup:

It worries me that people read Daily Mail and actually take it seriously in any way.  I'm from the US and even I know it's full of shit.

Yeah, it's balls and the UK has been like it for decades. I think a lot of English people are fucking horrible, or at least, there's something deeply disturbed inside the English cultural mindset. I spent a lot of my youth baffled by the middle class adults surrounding me, competing over tiny status symbols while their community rotted away around them.