gdf

Life

It took me ages, the beads I attached to the drawstrings fell off, and I couldn't find proper fabric like I wanted, but I sewed a thing.

aK86NRL.png

I'd really like to get some nice fabric and redo it, but better. I also sort of wish I had a sewing machine.

My daughter brought this home from preschool the other day.

post-31977-0-78544900-1384229339_thumb.jpg

That is the teacher's handwriting. I guess it's the effort that counts.

I'm doomed to always be the creepy woman who bothers people.  

Unrelatedly, tripod cat:

post-8532-0-90502800-1384232069_thumb.jpg

I got another rejection! "This was tough," he said. "Great potential," he said. "Not enough experience," he said.

BLEH.

To be fair I have pretty much zero experience in Objective-C (and want none of it, because mobile development is not my dream job, but I will learn it if I have a job that requires it!!!). But also to be fair they knew that ahead of time, before even the first phone interview. The on-site interview went so well, too. I can learn fast!

BLEH.

Stillllll waiting on a decision for the Dallas job. I may email them tomorrow, see if anything's coming up.

I'm hoping that the teacher opted to just write down exactly what your daughter said, not appropriate it by changing the language. I suppose that's optimism. I don't know what kind of education you need to be a pre-school teacher in your state.

It's 3:30 and I'm still awake and still feel sick and I think I'm going to barf. Help meeeeeeee.

I'm hoping that the teacher opted to just write down exactly what your daughter said, not appropriate it by changing the language. I suppose that's optimism. I don't know what kind of education you need to be a pre-school teacher in your state.

My cousin is a primary school principal. While visiting the US with my sister before her last year in uni "it's hard to believe that's the same moon that we have back in Ireland...is it?"

I'm doomed to always be the creepy woman who bothers people.

I swing hard between feeling this way and feeling like I'm potentially the most interesting encounter a pedestrian will have all day.

At least a bachelor's degree and completion of an early childhood teacher education program.

http://www.ehow.com/about_7506285_arizona-preschool-teacher-requirements.html

Note that it can be any bachelor's degree, not necessarily one in education. Also, Arizona is on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to education in the US.

My mum's an early childhood teacher and has some great stories about the sort of people that job attracts here. The qualifications have eased up a lot since she got into it, so there's a lot of people who either assume it's easy, or have the idea that they're good with kids but have no patience with them. Also, aggressive shit-stirrers.

Walking through Den Bosch this morning, I encountered a young man flyering. I generally don't pay attention to them, but he approached me and asked if I knew Lindsey Stirling. That rang a bell: she's that violinist who achieved some fame with gaming-inspired compositions and Kate Bush-style dancing. So I told him, and he was very excited to finally meet someone who knew her. Turns out he was campaigning to get people to vote for her in the upcoming Dutch Top 2000 list, which runs every year and is a completely useless collection of popular songs, topped by a predictable, nigh-immutable summit.

He didn't seem very comfortable on the street, his eyes rolling this way and that as I spoke to him. He seemed very nervous.

I thought this was a such a wonderful, but strange thing to spend your energy on. He actually had nicely printed flyers. I asked him what his connection to Lindsey was, but he wss just a fan trying to get her name out.

Then I went home with my German copy of Er Ist Wieder Da, the big 2012 hit about Hitler returning to present day Berlin and becoming a media star.

Hey, I saw her on the

!

Protip: skip to basically any point in that video to see the worst thing ever.

It's 3:30 and I'm still awake and still feel sick and I think I'm going to barf. Help meeeeeeee.

My advice: just barf, you'll feel much better after.

Hope you're feeling better by now. :frown:

I managed to get a little sleep and felt much better, thank you.

I feel really crummy lately so I'm gonna' go to the doctor soon. I'm not looking forward to walking all the way there in the cold.

Did you dress as Pam subbes, or are you channeling her?

No, I'm just naturally a creepy weirdo :'(

He's turned into a bit of a brat now, he just muscles his way onto your lap or keyboard.  If you try to stop him he'll push harder until you give in.

nwWlasR.jpg

I've spent the last week finishing some of the trimwork in my house, which I've been procrastinating on for awhile.  It's a 113 year old farm house that's been remodeled and added onto multiple times. The words "square" and "level" will not oft be used to describe my frankenhome.  It'll look great once it's done, but I've wanted to pull my hair out mutliple times this week, particularly fighting to get the windows looking good.