gdf

Life

What have I done! my girlfriend has been looking at the cruises for the last 15mins and picked out this one

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=K404N&itinCode=IZA160&tourCode=™=Z&date=&noOfPax=2&resType=C&ship=&bID=PCDIR&meta=I&ppax=false&itinPort=&tourIds=&duration=&tourdur=&orderBy=&filterBy=&order=#displayCompareDatesAndFaresDetails.do?&ppax=false&noOfPax=2&meta=I

2-3 days in Hong Kong first :) 2-3 days in Sydney then on the cruise. That'll be pretty smart

Please sell me on Hong Kong. For some reason I feel like I want to go but I don't even know why, I know nothing about it!

It's like Sleeping Dogs except with real pork buns.

Seriously, it's ace. Mountain, night markets, train systems, super super tower blocks and tucked away houses, ferries across the water, tourist-friendly noodle restaurants where the chef will create those fine noodles from scratch in front of your very eyes, backwoods noodle bars with dodgy tiling and waiters who intentionally give you the slipperiest noodle soup available, and the best Wendy's Burgers on the face of the planet.

I know you gonna love them burgers.

I know about the economics and all that, but I do wonder why some couples don't (secretly) get married just for the legal protection if something ever happens. Also, tax breaks.

Thrik, travel back in time and have your honeymoon in Kowloon. Lifelong memories guaranteed.

Here's a video I did on the ferry

It was amazing, you get off the plane and straight on to a super fast train that takes you to the city and the scenery is straight out of a gundam anime, all these massive skyscrapers jutting out of forest covered hills and mountains just waiting for a giant robot to smash them over.

You can get taxis everywhere as they're insanely cheap. Everything's really compact, its perfect for a holiday, you can get from the heart of the city with all the massive skyscrapers to the beach in like 10mins (and the beach has super fast wifi) repulse bay

Food = amazing! Pork buns! Steamed dumpling! Ramen!

All the sign are in English. As crazy and as alien as you can imagine china being, I felt more safe and secure than fucking Mexico for example. It really was just amazing, and it's kind of ruined the rest of the world for me now. IT'S THAT GOOD :). (Also, go to singapour for like 3-4 days)

Yeah I mostly felt pretty safe the time I was in China, even when I'd end up in weird unfamiliar potentially-you-gonna-get-robbed situations. Maybe because I was a foot taller than everybody though.

My favourite thing was spending the equivalent of like five bucks and getting a huge bag of delightfully varied and often dangerous fireworks.

It turns out those are illegal in some areas but the police kind of just stared at us. There was probably paperwork they didn't want to deal with

What an insane view, Mington! How was the summer heat over there, actually? Bearable, or did you melt away and required fifteen showers a day in Hong Kong and Singapore?

We went in May and it was HOT, really high humidity, I could handle it OK but my girlfriend who is very fair skinned was a sweaty mess for most of the holiday, she didn't enjoy it very much when we were out in the sun for prolong periods. Like when we went to the Chi Lin Nunnery & Nan Lian Gardens (http://www.lauraribeiro.eu/2013/08/hong-kong-chi-lin-nunnery-nan-lian.html) she was hiding under a tree most of the time

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A6JtdOXmGiDdMH

Her boss actually stole our holiday idea and went to Hong Kong and singapour on April and the weather was perfect apparently

If you go in "summer" summer you'll probably catch fire the second you step off the plane

Congratulations, Syn! You give me an excuse to post my favorite YouTube vid:

After that, I feel as if the whole world has congratulated me now.

Thank you everyone. :)

One honeymoons, the idea was originally to go to Ireland for a week but I don't know where my life is going at the moment in terms of jobs and monies. Not going to have the money if I keep going through with finding a part time job and the comic idea though.

Och, you can go to a screening of The Boondock Saints instead. It's pretty authentic.

Follow that up with The Devil's Own for some true mastery of the accent.

Good news: I finally got to talk to someone about my long-term disability claim!

Bad news: everything else. My actual case manager is on vacation apparently, so I was talking with some other lady. Apparently they sent me a letter several days ago with a thing that I need to sign in order to continue so that they can do some kind of background check on my medical history. The lady seemed kind of rude, and was saying as much to discourage me as possible; strongly implying that I won't get my claim approved and telling me that I should just go back to work. She also wouldn't give me any estimated turnaround time but said that I should be prepared to wait a long time. I understand that the whole system was designed with physical injury and illness in mind, but I really feel that my depression is being really trivialized.

Incidentally, I really hate to keep asking like this, but if anyone wants to lend a few bucks I would really appreciate it.

Och, you can go to a screening of The Boondock Saints instead. It's pretty authentic.

Follow that up with The Devil's Own for some true mastery of the accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPZ8gTT_axY

I think I'm just going to mimic Spike in this classic Droopy cartoon. That'll ensure none of them hit me with their shillelagh.

I'm happy to report that the vet says he can come home tonight!  We're going to get him in an hour or so.  Excitement!

Okay, so I proposed and I will get married June next year in Galveston, TX on the beach near a beach house we have rented way ahead of time. It'll also be our 10th year anniversary then. About time I got off my ass and did that.

Man, I go away for 5 days and look at all this crap that happens. Congrats, synth! Also, Subbes and Shammack, I'm really happy that Cabot looks like he'll be ok. I never had a pet lose a limb, though I did have a one-eyed cat and the degree to which he did not give a fuck about the operation was always astounding to me. I'm sure he'll adapt fine after a bit of practice.

Cabot doesn't like the cone but still tries to groom his incision, so he's wearing baby clothes to keep him from ripping out his stitches.  The past three days it was onesies, today it's a white cotton t-shirt.  

The retailers that track my shopping habits are probably really confused about why I'm buying baby clothes.

Our cat had a cone on it's head for a while when it had to get declawed (against declawing but his it had some weird fungus that would not go away), but could not figure it out. He tended to get all disoriented and fall backwards when standing up and we could never stop laughing. He's fine now, but he was like a strange gnome.

I think your cat will do well, my fiancee (hey I can say that now, sounds weird) is a vet tech and animals missing a leg tend to get a lot of love and attention and they tend to have the motor skills to make up for it.

I'm gonna say "FI-ANTS" like in Raising Arizona from now on.

My aunt had a three legged cat ( due to car accident). We rather imaginatively called him tripod. He was weird.

Okay, so I proposed and I will get married June next year in Galveston, TX on the beach near a beach house we have rented way ahead of time. It'll also be our 10th year anniversary then. About time I got off my ass and did that.

Congratulations.

Congrats syntheticgerbil.

Also, subbes and shammack, glad to hear your cat pulled through. Just don't try to put baby socks on him.

I fixed your post

Congrats syntheticgerbil.

Also, subbes and shammack, glad to hear your cat pulled through. Just don't try to 100% do put baby socks on him, and film it!

My cat, almost completely immobilized from pain and the drugs he got in the surgery, would just remove the cone whenever we put it on him. We couldn't come up with any way to keep it on him that worked. Otherwise he barely moved.

Then he died. :(

Yeah, sorry, it's been on my mind a bit and I guess I felt like sharing the pain around :X