gdf

Life

Why don't you go and see your doctor, rather than using walk-in centres? I know you want to see a particular psych, but that's no reason not to see your doctor.

Why don't you go and see your doctor, rather than using walk-in centres? I know you want to see a particular psych, but that's no reason not to see your doctor.

I don't have a doctor; I only moved here recently. And this is the only psych in the area that specializes in the specific types of personal problems I'm trying to deal with.

I called the hospital today and they told me to contact my work and ask about employee assistance programs. Everyone just keeps referring me to someone else.

Everyone just keeps referring me to someone else.

That's the problem I experienced trying to help my ex find good mental health services in a new city. Everyone wants to be helpful, but no one wants to be responsible. You've just got to keep trying until you find someone who will stick their neck out for you. In the meantime, we're all here for you, I'm sure you know that.

So I spoke with my supervisor just now. Technically I should be fired at this point, but she's pulling some strings for me. She's sending me some things I need filled out by a doctor in order to qualify for short-term disability. It's just a matter of getting someone to sign them.

w.t.f. ... I never thought Canada was that backwards.

Man, that sounds horrible. I'm glad to hear your supervisor is understanding, and hope this stuff pulls together for you tegan.

I don't have a doctor; I only moved here recently. And this is the only psych in the area that specializes in the specific types of personal problems I'm trying to deal with.

I called the hospital today and they told me to contact my work and ask about employee assistance programs. Everyone just keeps referring me to someone else.

Then why don't you register at your local doctors? It doesn't take long to register, and you could probably get an appointment for the next day.

From what I can tell, no local family doctors are accepting new people at this time.

I've called around and it looks like I'll have to actually go to the hospital. I'm trying to see if I can get my Medicare card renewed ASAP so that I won't have to pay, since I'm down to my last few dollars. The issue is that these forms need to be approved by an actual doctor, and everyone that I've actually managed to get to speak with is a counselor or a social worker or whatever. I fit all the symptoms of severe depression, but unless I get a doctor to actually say that I do and approve me for stress leave by the end of the week I'm getting fired.

Also, I really didn't want to have to walk to the hospital. I somehow tore a big chunk of my heel out when I walked to the clinic on Monday and I've been limping a little since then.

The hospital approved me for a month off of work and prescribed me some meds!

Yaaaaaaay!

The only thing is, I feel like I really should have brought up my personal issues to try to see a psych. I'm sure I'll get another chance.

Sweet!

A month will absolutely fly by though, if there's anything you need to get sorted I'd suggest doing it sooner rather then later. Speaking from experience whenever I have time off I leave everything to the last minute and end up putting huge amounts of pressure on myself in the few days before returning to work.

The only issue right now: It's payday and I only worked enough to make $140. I have no savings. I think I have a bonus coming in in two weeks, and Blue Cross is paying my wages for this month I have off, but otherwise I'm basically broke.

More good news: somebody's contacted me about doing an artistic commission! I've been trying to work out a way to get into business drawing for commission working, so I hope this guy decides to go for it.

I love when the doc rings you with a blood test result and the wikipedia page reads like the diary of your life for the last few months. Hello B12 injections, lets hope you do some good:D

Glad to hear things are on the uptick, tegan!

So it looks like I'm moving in May (really nice equivalently-priced third floor place on 17th ave SW, which if you know Calgary you know is a great location), which means that now I get to spend the next month prepping like crazy for a move. I've been at my current place for 2.5 years, so I'm pretty dug in. Exciting! I'm going to have a real kitchen!

Also, last night my board games night was cancelled, so I accepted a last-minute request from a buddy of mine to go roller skating. She's a derby player, and was going out with her team to chill on a public skating night and friends were welcome, so I tagged along. Haven't done it since high school, but I picked it up fast. Was able to spin around and go backwards by the end of the night, and that was pretty sweet. Trouble is, now I have a blood blister on my big toe that is roughly the same size as said toe. So, y'know, ow.

In an act of general anti-establishment angst I wore nail polish to work today. Clear gloss middle fingers, and matte finish on all the rest of the nails. World's subtlest metrosexual punk right here.

:buyme: I need to get out of San Antonio. Anyone living in a cool city out there know of a company looking for someone with my amazingly varied skill set? I can art, design and code, LAMP, javascript, jQ, etc. I'm currently rocking the lofty title of Director of Development, but I am open to any kind of hands-on position that doesn't insult my abilities. It would be nice to work on larger internal projects for a length of time instead of relatively dinky client fare that describes my 6 years in this company. I need to properly put together a snazzy CV website dealio, but it's been hard freeing time to do so. Leads appreciated.

¬¬

post-5974-0-36823300-1364334250_thumb.jpg

post-5974-0-15363100-1364341706_thumb.jpg

Nails are such prime real estate for wacky designs. Too bad only women, drag queens and Snoop Dog can get away with it.

I wore ice blue or lavender nail polish most of junior and senior year in college. Now, doing graduate work at a Jesuit university, I've had to give it up along with a good chunk of my wardrobe. It sucks a little knowing that the career I've chosen has no room for the kind of individuality I used to enjoy.

Haha. I was looking for a pic of miffy's gross toe! Polish optional.

You actually did a pretty good job showing the different finishes in that pic.

I wore ice blue or lavender nail polish most of junior and senior year in college. Now, doing graduate work at a Jesuit university, I've had to give it up along with a good chunk of my wardrobe. It sucks a little knowing that the career I've chosen has no room for the kind of individuality I used to enjoy.

Then why did you choose it (And what is it for that matter?)

Then why did you choose it (And what is it for that matter?)

I'm studying for a Ph.D in history. I know it's right for me, because I wake up every day excited that the stuff I work on even exists, but academia has a weirdly specific idea of professionalism that most other workplaces have moved past long ago.

Meh, my girlfriend had a medieval history prof who dj-ed at a goth nightclub on weekends and did NOT change her attire when she was teaching. Give it a go, you may be able to pull it off.

EDIT: This may be something to try after finishing the Ph.D. Establish yourself, then amaze with your style.