gdf

Life

Bah. I think (although it's undiagnosed, so I could be completely wrong) that I've developed a form of sleep apnea. I can sleep for 11 hours, but still am tired all day long, like I've not had any sleep.

I sometimes wake up with my mouth wide open and drool everywhere... despite my nose being unblocked. I have heavy night sweats, too.

I could be completely wrong, but it's annoying being so sleepy all the time! Bah.

I'll see my GP in the New Year.

I came into work this morning to find that two of my coworkers had swiped a bunch of ornaments from the office Christmas party, used them to decorate my desk, and wrapped up some candy as presents.

This is probably the single nicest thing anyone in real life has ever done for me.

I met my new upstairs neighbours last night. Turns out, their little daughter was one of my favourite students from practicum last month. The "HOLY CRAP, MR. W???" moment was awesome.

Soundzzz nasty. I had something like that once. Is it definitely of medical origin or attributable to your sleeping conditions?

Nothing has changed in several years, so I'm pretty sure it's of medical origin. Who knows, it may pass on it's own before I even get to see a doctor (fingers crossed).

What happened with you?

A bad bed, single glazed windows, a main road, and noise from bars and their bins meant that I was waking up several times a night, waking me up enough to leave my attention span in shreds but not enough to remember anything of it in the morning.

'The Promise of Sleep' by William Dement might have been succeeded by now but I found it good reading.

Happy Christmas folks.

My back is suddenly fucked for no reason.

Hot pads, advil and not moving a lot are my secrets to not having killed myself via my back yet.

Scotty just left to go back to Petaluma. It's sad to be apart again, but I know I'll be with him soon!

One of my clients sent me a cheque, so I even have a little money to pay for moving expenses. Woo!

Hah, whenever you get better at some facet of romantic dealings with women, you find new and surprising ways in which you suuuuck. I'm already laughing at myself for being such a fool, but here's hoping I can rectify an embarrassing situation :P

Well I submitted my entry to Illustrators of the Future this quarter. I misunderstood the rules so this was my entry for the first quarter of 2013, not the last quarter of 2012. I hope it works out.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post my entries online according to the contest rules. I sent them an email today. I'll let you all know.

Patent, provisional patent, is applied for. Microsoft contacted personally, and why not? I've found a cool site called Patent Auction. If the other "business methods" on there are anything to go by then I'm feeling confident. 3D playing cards? "Web based marketplace with Emotion sensor"? If this is the utter shite on here I'm almost worried the site isn't worth even looking at for potential buyers.

On the other hand, mine is a legitimate BS patent you'd see from MS or Amazon or something. So at least I'm not fully delusional like most of these people are. Then again, these type of people are the reason I've not gotten anyone fully relevant to look at my screenplay either. Sure, I've gotten professional writer with screenplay experience to give it a thumbs up, I've watched enough movies (probably over a thousand at this point in my life) to know it has the potential. But there's so many people spewing so much noise it's hard to get your head above the crowd.

As ever, I will be curious to read the outcome. In case of sort of non-public info down the line, do PM me.

Am I still in time to wish you all a happy new year? Ido hope i made that deadline.

- posted from my hospital bed waiting for tomorrow morning for the big surgery

Don't worry, Ys, you made it in plenty of time to wish us all a happy 2023!