gdf

Life

Probably to make sure that he is not a horrible murderous dick.

What's the interview for if he can be a horrible dick and still be accepted?

Sorry, terribly picked wording on my part. The appointment was for me to teach him to do something, not decide whether or not he could be a member, though that's also in progress and to an extent I've been dealing with it. We're not particularly selective, make an effort to be inclusive, and rule one for problems is pretty much that members deal with each other rather than appealing to any kind of authority. It's not the kind of thing where members have to interact if they don't want to. In nearly three years, only two have done anything that required a talking to, and only one prospective member has been told "get out". Touch wood, we've never had to deal with anything truly horrible.

If this guy is a dick, people will learn about it, and he'll face whatever consequences that has. Generally, that people would talk to him less and be less helpful. In more severe cases, they might confront him about it. In future, if I interact with him it'll be as a fellow member, rather than someone taking responsibility to interact with a potential member.

(I'm trying to be a little vague so this isn't eminently googleable, but to avoid this sounding like some bizarro sex club or something: it's the h a c k s p a c e, of which I'm a t r u s t e e).

Ah, okay. I've had very fluid conceptions about what that meeting was. For a while I thought he was your superior.

How do I work this thing? I'm not even sure it's on hello? Is this thing on? Do I push th

I got a job offer! I accepted it! Come the end of January I will be the Solutions Developer for a boutique provider of security monitoring solutions! I do not know what the difference is between a Solutions Developer and a Software Developer, except that a Solutions Developer is currently drunk and has a cat licking her ear!

p.s. who wants a phone call

p.p.s. could someone deliver me some 'Spicy Sweet' flavor Doritos within the next hour

It means I get to move to SF to be with my darling husssssbaaaaaaaaaand!

(who is visiting tomorrow for xmas... I need to clean because this place has sort of become a foul bachelor frog habitat)

Because Doritos are terrible.

Chili Lime Fritos are where it's at.

We haven't even mastered letter-writing yet, why the hell are we attempting telephonic conversations?!

it appears no-one wanted to deliver doritos :(

I bought them, but I never delivered them because I care about your health!

Congrats on your job.

Mmm... Doritos. *munch munch munch*

Well done, Subbes!

Very similar thing happened to me! I bought Mirror's Edge and Dead Space from the local charity shop, and five seconds out of the door remembered they're both EA games and facepalmed. I haven't actually checked, but I'm pretty sure they'll be locked. I'm just hoping Prey, GTA3 and Tron 2.0 make up for it. Doom3 worked but Windows 7 seems to cause sound problems. (My charity shop had an amazing selection of PC games for about a month, nothing since then. I think I may have drained them.)

Mirror's Edge installed fine! Did I imagine the problems with online-confirmed one-time installs? Also, Doom3 works fine on my new PC (still Windows 7), but I have to dick around with autoexec.bat files to sort the resolution out. It's like being in the 90s!

Grats subbes! Sounds amazing.

I just came in here to say that life is awful, because it is above 40 degrees in my office (real degrees) and I am supposed to be finishing a video game