gdf

Life

A while ago I learned how to turn on the US International keyboard setting, enabling use of tildes, accents, and umlauts, as well as the famous Æ Ø Å those Norweigans are so proud of. But now I'm typing on an iPhone where special characters are oddly easier to type.

Thanksgiving dinner with the family was nice. People didn't ask me what I was doing with my life, we just ate and drank and smoked and enjoyed the cool lake air. We had some sort of blue agave liqueur which was nice but way too sweet for me.

Also I've been really fond of all the medieval fantasy web comics, I want to draw one but I haven't any mind for long form stories. Btw Nimona is a delightful comic, check it out.

⌐___¬

Life is okay at the moment. Freelance work supports me for roughly half the year, and I have a small business that brings in money the rest of the time, while also giving me opportunities to learn and practice a load of technical and business stuff I didn't have the opportunity to before. If I can make it pay more, I might even get to go snowboarding this winter.

That sounds like a pretty good arrangement to me! I remember a conversation we had on a bus a year or so....chuffed to see that it has worked out nicely! :)

I upgraded my keyboard.

What is this? I don't even.

Is that one of those fancy Optimus keyboards, or does Toblix have a secret keyboard manufacturing business?

I just registered a US iTunes account and bought a $20 US iTunes gift card to buy the Game of Thrones app that's not available in the Norwegian iTunes app store, and it worked and now I know how criminals feel when they get away with it – a breathtaking rush of exhilaration and paranoia.

Now the whole of Norway will have to deal with sanctions imposed by Apple. SEE HOW ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES?!

I do. I've always known, the moment I saw him. On the exterior, a man both generous and jolly, but on the inside it rots, festers and is generally... dirty.

You have shown your true colors today, Toblix.

You've screwed the pooch, Toblix. There rests only one option now: move in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. And hope this thing blows over.

You've screwed the pooch, Toblix. There rests only one option now: move in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. And hope this thing blows over.

thank god I'm not the only person who thought about that.

thank god I'm not the only person who thought about that.

thank god I read the following posts before hitting submit!

My friend, a trombonist, wanted me to make her some pictures naked trombonists with distinctive nipples. Last night I couldn't sleep so instead of sleeping I drew a few. this one, imo, turned out best, but I still managed to screw up a lot. I'll clean it up later. She liked it at least.

tumblr_me953apocb1qbpx0ko1_r1_500.png

Kids, sleep is important. Layer masks are even more important.

Small update on the surgery thing: The show has moved to January 3rd. That is all.

And also thank you all for the support!

Somebody's game just got Greenlighted on Steam.

I say somebody, because right now I can't actually remember who worked on it. The game is No Time To Explain.

About a week ago there was a prostest agains a mayor of one of our larger cities, because of the coruption and the still decreasing public image he is holding. The protesters were met with the heavy resistance of the police, they even used some gas for the first time in the country. Off course people were shocked and over this week there were protests in more and more cities. People weren't protesting just against that mayor, but against our politicians as a whole. We are sick of them. Most of them are here since the early 90s, but still spend most of their time arguing between each other about some stupid ideological problems(who was on who's side in WW2,...) that are curently completly irelevant, especialy at the current state of our country. There is a big greed for power here, even though most of them are completly imcompetent(some haven't even finished high school, some of them copied their university theises from someone else,... but they still don't leave the scene).

So yesterday there was this big prostest in the capital against all this. And what happened? People were protesting peacefully, policeman who were there were wearing flowers on the uniforms to show their support of the people. And then, there came some huligans, anarchist who started throwing bricks and fireworks into the policemen, parlament and even the people who were protesting. The peacefulness of the protest ended there with the big group of people separate dinto two smaller groups. One was being violent and provoking across the city and the other one being peacefull and even helping the police maintain order.

At the start, this protest were as light at the end of the tunel, because people finlly decided to do something about the current state of our political scene(which were are alll tired of), but this was all destroyed with few individuals trying to creat conflicts.

O, and we are having elections tommorow.

I had/have the opportunity to meet Ron Gilbert in London next weekend but I'm in Durham (the North of England) at Uni, and I'm rota'd to work that night. This is my sad face. =(

I kinda specifically asked for that shift before I knew...

I do plan on going to GDC in March though, so I could meet him/more then!

(Don't get me wrong I am v bummed by turn of events. As Spaff said when I told him, I've self-owned.)

I had/have the opportunity to meet Ron Gilbert in London next weekend but I'm in Durham (the North of England) at Uni, and I'm rota'd to work that night. This is my sad face. =(

I'll take your place!

I just remembered that the Illustrators of the Future deadline is the end of the year. I've seen the previous winners, and while I'm definitely not as good as the best of them, I'd say that if I work at it, I've got a fair shot in the running. That'd be a helluva way to get things started if I could even just win in the quarterly running. Given that I'm going to be moving out west ASAP, I think I'll go ahead and enter for this year.