gdf

Life

Yeah, I found that the year when I had no home internet and lived off of a leeched wifi signal from the restaurant next to my work was actually really good for me. I got hooked back in at home when I went back to school, as I kinda needed it for that, but cutting yourself off now and then can be pretty healthy.

Hell yes. I go camping every year for a week and never bring a PC, gaming system, or etc. Always one of the best weeks of the year, I should try going more often.

Miffy, that's a great experience. I had that happen to me when I was in training. I just arrived at the school, wondered where the teacher was, and suddenly the headmaster comes in: "Miss X called in sick, so you can handle things here, right? K bye."

I stumbled across this Stack Exchange site for movies and TV. "Great", I thought, but then I started clicking around. If you ever want to be depressed about the state of comprehension for really basic things, you'll love this site. Ever NOT wondered about something really obvious in a film or TV show? You'll find someone who just didn't understand something extremely obvious, and often essential, to the understanding of a film.

The unselected answer for this question about Prometheus particularly irked.

I'm probably one of those people. Don't hate. ):

But not really, based on that specific question you linked. U:

So. I'm getting major heart surgery in about 3 weeks. In the week of December 10th I'll be going under the knife to get a new mechanical heart valve (And a bit of new aorta) thanks to a defect I had since my birth. Kinda nervous for that one.

Someone dropped a bottle of pomegranate juice, that's all that is.

I SAID THAT'S ALL IT IS.

(Don't destroy my illusion.)

Going back to my bout of depression, this is a decent summary of how I felt during that time. I'm glad to say I was productive doodling. All my other doodles had penises in them so I'll not post.

tumblr_mdsnu4TNJ81qbpx0ko1_500.png

So. I'm getting major heart surgery in about 3 weeks. In the week of December 10th I'll be going under the knife to get a new mechanical heart valve (And a bit of new aorta) thanks to a defect I had since my birth. Kinda nervous for that one.

Holy crap ys, I hope that goes perfectly.

Good luck, man. I can understand why you'd be nervous beforehand, but afterwards is going to be awesome. Not so much for the health benefits (though sure, that too), but because then you will officially be a cyborg. Part man, part machine. You might want to check whether you suddenly gain the ability to understand machine code.

You're getting augments! Of course it'll be fine. Unless you're about to fight the third boss.

In all seriousness, I hope if goes well for you, man. Fingers crossed for a short recovery time.

Ysbreker, Best of luck with the operation and speedy recovery afterwards!

Going back to my bout of depression, this is a decent summary of how I felt during that time. I'm glad to say I was productive doodling. All my other doodles had penises in them so I'll not post.

Did you draw that? That's good!

Always too late with the cyborg jokes, I am ... good luck with the augmentation!

I'm finally a Master of Science. Yay!

(With highest possible marks. Double yay!)

I will continue to work at the university, so my life will not change drastically, but at least that's one checkpoint reached.

Thanks guys! I will continue as a doctoral student and a researcher at the research group I carried out my Master's Thesis.

Congratulations! You'll be able to science like the best of them!

I on the other hand, am about ready to murder a fool. Construction work being done just outside, guy drilling into the wall in the most ANNOYING WAY POSSIBLE since early this morning. Every time he/she stops I'm about to fall asleep a while later AND IT STARTS AGAIN put that fucking drill up your ass sideways, fucking asshole. But Lu, that person is just doing their job, YES AND I DEAL WITH UNEXPECTED SLEEP LOSS VERY POORLY.

I feel a little better now... Just wish I wasn't so sleepy.

My life is pretty good actually.

Congratulations, Nappi! My thesis (foreign language board/card gaming as triadic/dynamic interaction that affords rich language use and thus learning) is progressing pretty slowly. I've only got background work done. I'll finish it during my compulsory civilian service next year.

I've got 313 ECTS out of the 300 needed for a Master's :P Once the thesis is done I'll have officially done a year's worth of courses for nothing. Finnish education is weird.

Thanks! And good luck with our thesis, brkl!

I on the other hand, am about ready to murder a fool. Construction work being done just outside, guy drilling into the wall in the most ANNOYING WAY POSSIBLE since early this morning. Every time he/she stops I'm about to fall asleep a while later AND IT STARTS AGAIN put that fucking drill up your ass sideways, fucking asshole. But Lu, that person is just doing their job, YES AND I DEAL WITH UNEXPECTED SLEEP LOSS VERY POORLY.

My worst morning in recent memory involved me waking up to the sound of my neighbors talking on their balcony, later realizing that the sound was actually coming from my balcony, waiting 20 minutes for the situation to resolve itself, Opening the curtains and finding a note "Be careful! The walls have been painted."