gdf

Life

I'm really considering moving back to California because of the newborn baby nephew from this spring. He's the first from my family blood line (not to put down my step nephews and nieces, they all rule), and I was there for all my other nephews and nieces as they were babies / children growing up. I don't want to miss out on this one.

Despite my lack of replies, I somehow got a job. I'm moving back in with my parents for a few weeks since they live rather close. Oh my, lets see how this goes. :D

Congratulations! What kind of job did you get? Is it a thing that I breathe a sigh of relief at the thought of never having to live with my parents ever again? Don't get me wrong, I love them, but.

I'm to be an applied mathematician! Time to bluff some statistics:D

I love my parents to bits as well, but i'm not sure how it is going to go. I went home for Christmas for two whole weeks once and nearly went insane. Its ok though, it's only till i find a room for myself, and my sis said i can go stay with her too (but that might be looking for free babysitting).

In other news, I rejoined the brass band. I was hitting the tambourine so hard that I have a bruised blister on my thumb. I gotta learn some technique.

I also must play Timpani for the Band of Brothers theme. I have to change the pitch of them while playing! Oh my, i've never done this before.

Gosh, hello.

I moved into a new flat, sharing with my girlfriend. So I've not logged in for over a month - ahhhg! Still, a broadband engineer drop-squad are being deployed in about a week to save us, so I hope to be back to usual activity then.

Now carry on you gorgeous people!

No, YOU carry on being gorgeous!

I just had a terrible time on the road. I'm learning to drive atm and today I just made the most heinous mistake after mistake in the inner city. I'm going to call this as just a bad day and tomorrow will surely be much better. I hope that everyone goes through these learning pains and I'm not somehow inadequate for driving.

I appear to be a celiac, which is making Life a little more difficult. I mean, it's cool to finally have a clue as to what is causing the unending discomfort I've been dealing with for years, and a means to avoid it. But man, being on a gluten-free diet sucks.

Also, if you're on a gluten-free diet, people assume you're a fad dieter. I really hate that sort of stuff. I don't want to have to explain to people that, "No, it's not for some wooly 'health benefit.' It's in order to manage a genetic autoimmune disorder, and yes, it really does matter if you prepare my food with a knife that was previously used to cut a slice of bread."

The diagnosis of this sort of thing is complex and difficult, so I'm not 100% sure that this is what I've got, but I've had some pretty convincing results so far.

No beer and no pizza make Wikipedia Brown go something something.

Netflix launched in Norway today, to much fanfare and many headlines. I signed up for a free month and am immediately impressed that I can view, say, Arrested Development, legally without fussing around with torrents or DVDs. Then I discover this:

iDSml.png

Apparently they force subtitles on some of their content. On some stuff, like The Walking Dead, there's an «off» option for subtitles, but for Arrested Development and some other stuff I checked, like the seminal Volcano, there isn't. Weirdest thing I ever saw, and it ruins the whole thing for me (if you can imagine.) I wonder if it's a weird technical thing, or a licensing one. I wouldn't be surprised if, yet again, lawyers are working hard to prevent me from not torrenting stuff. I asked HBO, who will also be launching an on-demand thing here soon, and apparently they won't be forcing any subtitles.

So, back to your life stories.

Huh, Netflix's idea of HD looks like SD and SD looks like a copy of a VCR rental.

Yeah the HD never really actually gets to HD, but it also is dependent on your connection. It'll dynamically change quality based on the bandwidth you have available.

Yeah the HD never really actually gets to HD, but it also is dependent on your connection. It'll dynamically change quality based on the bandwidth you have available.

My connection is easily fast enough to stream 1080p as long as it's a bit more compressed than Blu-ray. I think what I saw is as good as it gets. It looked similar to the resolution of Wii with the best possible connection.

My connection is easily fast enough to stream 1080p as long as it's a bit more compressed than Blu-ray. I think what I saw is as good as it gets. It looked similar to the resolution of Wii with the best possible connection.

Yeah, the quality is shit, even at superfast connection, but it gets exponentially MORE shit the slower your connection gets. The latter is understandable, but the former sucks.

It also depends on what you're watching, though. Some things I've watched have looked really good for no reason whatsoever.

Things are going pretty good. I had a weird moment this week after my sister had her 2nd child that if I don't hurry up the family name is going to die with me. I'm almost 30 and not in a relationship. It's kind of sad that my family name, which has survived for hundres of years will be gone forever if I don't hurry up and have a child. It's almost like I'm letting the team down.

I am not having a good night. I wish I could get into it, but it might turn into a case of shooting myself in the foot, if it ever becomes a legal thing.

I hate Arab culture. I fucking hate it. I feel all dizzy and nauseous now.

Haven't been this upset in a while. Can't even think straight. Sorry, Thumbs. I'll delete this in the morning.

That's awful, man. Whatever it is I wish you the best of megaluck. My thoughts are with you.

I feel WEIRDLY GREAT!

Didn't get any sleep for three days straight, went home, stayed in bed for eighteen hours, been 24+ hours since I've eaten anything. Jogged two miles in sixteen minutes, almost passed out, and am now eating stuff.

It's weird but if you're really hungry you can feel really REALLY good. At least I can. Did that all the time when I lived in Arcata. A weird, tiny town in northern northern california that's filled with crumbling houses, hippies, potheads, and the homeless. I ended up being underweight after living for four months there, mostly because I walked everywhere. Usually around 10 miles a day. It was bizarre and a little depressing, yet easy to enjoy in hindsight. There's enough there to write part of a movie, something I'll do if I ever get me first screenplay sold. It's been three months and not even the agencies have emailed me back!