gdf

Life

After weeks of rain,finally some summery days in the Netherlands! Also, I have a cold. Thanks, germs!

So the Olympics Opening Ceremony just finished here in the UK, and it was utterly phenomenal. If you haven't yet seen it, watch it. So goddamn good.

can you watch it for free, or do you have to spend olympic dollars to watch it?

I've watched 20 mins so far, and it does banish cynicism very well. Even Brooker thought it was good!

Elmuerte - it's avail on iPlayer if you proxy it up.

It was alright. I didn't like the creepy ultra middle class family bit. Let's all wank ourselves to death about social media and phones. It was like the makers of Microsoft lifestyle adverts were given their own segment.

Dammit Raff, your avatar always makes me want a steak & kidney pie.

AH man, i made awesome lemon and lime sorbet at the weekend and last night i accidentally left it out of the freezer and it went all over the floor:( Now i have a sticky floor and no sorbet.

I just spent four days off the grid and dancing shoeless at the Calgary Folk Music Festival. Always a highlight of my summer. So much damn fun. I'm sunburned and my feet are fucking wrecked, but very happy. Don't want to go back to work tomorrow though, especially since my calves are already killing me after a particularly exuberant Senegalese hip-hop/Hungarian electro-folk/Cuban guitar collaboration thing yesterday that turned into a mid-afternoon dance party in 30 degree weather in a park. Good weekend.

sounds super fun man, i'm always regretting that I don't get involved in more festivals and live music, especially living in Austin, Texas, which is so well known for it. Glad you had fun

Wednesday after interview: "We'll probably let you know Friday, Monday at the absolute latest, but probably Friday."

Friday: "Still talking. Monday it is."

Monday: "Just a little longer. Tomorrow for sure."

Today: "I might call you after dinner to let you know. Tomorrow, otherwise."

HNNNNNNNNNNGH. I JUST WANT TO KNOW, AT THIS POINT.

I was pretty optimistic at first. The interview went decently well, I think. A few fumbles, but for the five hours I was there, I knew what I was talking about at least 90% of the time. But it's taking so long. I'm getting all doubtful. ):

Yea that doesn't sound like a good sign, how long it's taking.

I need to hurry up and start my actual career, instead of this waiting tables BS. It's fun and I make decent enough money, but it's not what I want to do long term to provide for me and my new wife.

Well, apparently there's just one guy they need to talk to, but he's always super busy in meetings or something? I don't know.

HOPEFULLY I FIND OUT TODAY SO I CAN REJOICE OR MOVE ON.

As someone who's been doing a fair bit of interviewing lately, I can tell you that the time it takes probably means nothing.

Scotty managed to talk me into applying for a job at TellTale. He wants his wife to work at the same place as him? Is he INSANE?

Woohoo, I got the job!!

I start in 19 days. D: D:

Now I have to find a place to stay and get ready to move. Oh god I'm screwed.

Good job, Twig!

And that seems like a romantic day, Kroms!

On another note, last night dreamed that I had a flaming argument with Chris here on the forums. Yeah.

As in, you were flaming each other, or you were on fire whilst having on argument? 'Cause I dreamed that Kane, as in the professional wrestler, stopped by for a barbecue and we traded gardening tips and talked about jazz for a couple hours. Comparatively, being on fire while posting on forums might be a little less out there.

Have booked onto a Bee-Keeping taster course. Been thinking about getting a hive for a year or two; quite looking forward to producing my own honey.