gdf

Life

Oh man, I totally know who this is, I mean, like, by name, but you all act like you know it as well, but you never actually say it. So, if you really know it, who is it then, hä?

It's George Costanza from Seinfield, just a bit older and with contacts and a toupee.

That's actually comedian Johnny Vegas' smile on Home Alone Bird Lady's face.

Thanks Sal.

You guys can stop now hurting my feelings being smarty pants.

:)

It's Speedy, duh.

Also some relative of Philip J Fry.

Castorp, I feel like I should finally actually tell you :P

It's myself, with actor/comedian/national treasure Stephen Fry. An absolutely delightful man.

Thanks Speedy, but my 'Thanks' to Sal was sincere - I mean, come on, "Esteban Freír", I am not that dumb.

Btw, I have seen the guy before, around these parts, and had him in the category 'British comedian', which was at least close enough.

Aaaaaanyway, sounds like a great person to meet and talk to.

To rerail this thread with a nice segue, kind of, aprendo español, pero 日本語も勉強しなければならないから、スペイン語の勉強のための時間がない。 Por eso mi español es muy shit.

So, I'm learning Spanish, but because I have to learn Japanese as well I have no time for the former. Not that my Japanese is much better. Languages, fun stuff, but some of them = fucking stupid *********-bullshit!

When I'm done with my Japanese-exam, I'm throwing a party in the castle build of the rocks that have fallen from me.

Why are you learning Japanese? I took it up last year, but work pressure forced me to temporarily stop and I haven't picked it up since. I really enjoyed learning kanji though and can almost read that sentence you typed.

Japanese studies is my major, and the country's language is a big part of that.

And now I wanted to give some more insight into my relationship with Japanese but I did not manage to write a single sentence that didn’t sound like whining and to which the justified answer would not have been 'Shut up, do something about it, learn!' (and a slap in my stupid face).

But actually right now I'm okay with it, I do learn daily and feel I get better.

To all who want to dabble a bit with the language (yeah-yeah, I know), I recommence Anki and the sets 'Japanese Core 2000 Step 01', '…02' and so on - the program is free and those downloadable sets include audio. It does help me get better at understanding spoken Japanese.

I've been playing a carpenter to get a bed headboard attached to the wall and away from the radiator.

post-6047-0-74154300-1341000112_thumb.jpg

Makes me wish I had access to a proper workbench.

Remember - measure once, then cut. Cut immediately. Get drunk before measuring, then drink more before cutting. It makes woodwork better.

Don't listen to subbes.

It's measure once, cut twice.

I... burp thought it was measure the whole thing, then cut it into nine pieces. That's what I did anyway.. burp.

It's measure once, cut twice.

Speaking of woodwork. I once met a pediatrician with a similar rule of thumb and I just gave up on a punchline.

I had a temporary apartment lined up for when my lease runs out in two weeks, but the guy just emailed me telling me, "nope sorry got someone else". How wonderful, now I have two weeks to find a place to stay for two months.

I had a temporary apartment lined up for when my lease runs out in two weeks, but the guy just emailed me telling me, "nope sorry got someone else". How wonderful, now I have two weeks to find a place to stay for two months.

In the housing biz, that's what we call a 'dick move'. That sucks, man. Welcome to 2 weeks of stress? Do you have a fall back plan in case you don't get a place after 2 weeks, so you don't end up homeless?

I came close to being rude to the guy, but eventually I settled on replying with a simple, "Oooookay then."

Fall back plans... I can sleep in my car! I have plenty of friends around here, but I don't want to just take over their couch. Other than that, no, I don't have anything.

I mean, the biggest problem is I need a month-to-month lease for only two or three months AT MOST because if I don't get a job in Redmond, I can't stay in Redmond. I'll have to go back to Ohio to live with my parents. If I do get a job in Redmond, I can always look for a more permanent place. Permanent places are easier to find than temporary, it seems. If I get a job elsewhere, I can leave right after I'm done with school. But my current lease ends slightly before classes end. I'm feeling sort of good about my prospects with one company, right now, so crashing at a friend's for a couple weeks wouldn't be tooooo bad. But I can't base my future on hopes and dreams.