gdf

Life

HOWEVER, since this school is stuck in the stone ages, you have to do the programming... WITH PEN AND PAPER.

Ugh. I have to deal with the exact same shit, which is unbelievably annoying. How am I supposed to write object-oriented code thinking in a top down way? It's object oriented. The whole point is that you add functionality on the fly. Why do you expect me to write BSTs on pen?

There's a reason why my lab grades are consistent A+'s, but my pen and paper exams are vary between A- and D; 9 times out of 10, it's the freaking pen and paper.

Good luck, though. I've found that quickly sketching out (in pencil) the general flow of the code on the back of the paper helps.

Sorry if I freaked you out with my little rant, too. It's me trying to be sympathetic.

Ugh. I have to deal with the exact same shit, which is unbelievably annoying. How am I supposed to write object-oriented code thinking in a top down way? It's object oriented. The whole point is that you add functionality on the fly.

When I'm doing any coding I always find it easiest to visualize the general flow and figure out certain pieces of code on paper, but writing the entire thing out is just ridiculous. :tdown:

I've only seen one Maine Coon, but it was pretty awesome. They are HUGE. When I next decide to get a cat (our cats are young, so that's going to take a while) I'll probably get a Norwegian Forest Cat because they are about as big.

screw with the system and instead of writing down the source code use the pen to punch holes in the paper.

I've only seen one Maine Coon, but it was pretty awesome. They are HUGE. When I next decide to get a cat (our cats are young, so that's going to take a while) I'll probably get a Norwegian Forest Cat because they are about as big.

The bigger domestic cats generally require much more attentiveness and care, they're quite smart and will get into a lot of trouble. (My cat figured out how to open doors very soon after i got him.) They also aren't as aloof as common domestic cats, they can be big attention seekers.

A totally different experience from the cats i had growing up.

screw with the system and instead of writing down the source code use the pen to punch holes in the paper.

And tell them to feed it into their computer, it's a punched card.

Just image searched Maine Coon and holy shit want.

We had a Norwegian forest cat when I was growing up, it was a total badass. It killed everything from tiny birds to seagulls and even birds bigger than him. One summer we found his murder nest behind some bushes, with like 5-6 carcasses, and he hadn't even eaten them. He also ruled the entire street, and would sometimes scare away dogs.

I miss having a cat, hope I will end up in a pet-friendly apartment soon.

Oh man. He didn't even bring the dead bodies to you as "hey dude I respect you and want to contribute to your household" gifts. He just straight up kept them for himself even though he didn't need them.

That's a bad-ass cat.

Oh no, it was clearly his household, we were just door openers and feeders and if we were lucky we got to be pillows for his royal highness.

(My cat figured out how to open doors very soon after i got him.)

I've been waiting for our current cats to learn that. I've had two before them and they figured it out. I think these ones are in all likeliness a bit dumb.

Sat an exam this morning that I knew all the answers to, because I'd guessed which questions would come up. Boom! :D

Have to take my car in tomorrow to get a brain transplant. The new brain was $955 to order it, and including labour this will cost me about $1250 all told. This is more than the blue book value of the vehicle, but less than a new car. I am really really hoping that they don't find anything else wrong when they open her up.

Spent this afternoon looking at ads for bicycles on Craigslist just in case, but suspect they're all being sold by people who nicked them and I don't much want to buy stolen property.

Today sucks! I just dropped a lamp that cost too much for what it looks like because it's a retro one that you can't just buy from anywhere (bought it at a used retro furniture shop) and now it has several dents and scratches on it. I can probably fix the dents, but it'll not look as good as before :( Shouldn't have messed with such things so late at night today considering I was already feeling a bit aloof in the evening.

PS. I moved into my new place a couple of days ago. Yay!

I once tripped walking through the stands at a high school football game and whacked the bell of my trumpet (neerrrrd) right into the corner of a stair (can you even make that word singular?). Completely ruined! A huge-ass dent! But it still sounded mostly okay?

Adds character!

lamp3_small.jpg

Whew. Managed to get enough of the dents out that the small ones that remain don't bother me too much. Still some scratches on it, but maybe I'll repaint it later.

Nice wallpaper, hipster.

Got my car back from the mechanic. No other work was needed, except to reattach a sensor that had come unclipped. Fingers crossed that this is my car happy and healthy for another year at least (about how long it will take me to be able to afford a new one).

My life in Germany is super weird, living in with my parents in a small hamlet. I feel disconnected from everything, yet that is also kind of good. Life has its own slow pace here, and I spend at least an hour a day in the garden tending to plants. I hope I find a job soon, though. I still have my work for the gaming mags, but that's not enough to either sustain me or keep me busy.

Ah well, more Diablo 3 I guess.

Two days ago the spider that lived in our shower died, after having been our unobtrusive roommate for two years. I wrote a little eulogy over here.

Yesterday my dog Puppo came in from the backyard carrying a fledgling in her mouth. It wasn't dead, but it was badly hurt and there was no way it was gonna make it. So we had to kill it (but I didn't, because I couldn't, so Kingz was the grim hero of the day).

Nothing has died today yet but I am a little apprehensive :I

It was pretty horrible. Made me feel like a weird angel of death, imposing my random outside notions (justice/pity/euthanasia) on a defenseless animal with no say in the matter. ;(

Two days ago the spider that lived in our shower died, after having been our unobtrusive roommate for two years. I wrote a little eulogy over here.

Yesterday my dog Puppo came in from the backyard carrying a fledgling in her mouth. It wasn't dead, but it was badly hurt and there was no way it was gonna make it. So we had to kill it (but I didn't, because I couldn't, so Kingz was the grim hero of the day).

Nothing has died today yet but I am a little apprehensive :I

Ha, I thought I was the only one who had a pet bathroom spider. I remember the day we found Terry dead, it was much sadder than I expected it to be.

Agh what is wrong with you people. I run away screaming every time I see a spider, even though I know logically they're mostly harmless.

The one time I left a spider alone on my ceiling, I went to drink my water a little later, noticed it tasted funny, looked in, and saw a goddamn dead spider at the bottom of my cup. Even when I let them be, even in death, they haunt me.