gdf

Life

In completely unrelated, weird news: I made this image on a meme generator and posted it to facebook at 3am yesterday morning.

409017_247284012018934_100002120120771_541820_655016750_n.jpg

It now has over 900 likes. What the hell.

Well, three days - it's our anniversary on the 13th - but yes. I'm left wondering what I did to deserve them, though.

Oh! Maybe it's because I said I'd give him the Steam code for that DoubleFine game I pledged for in Kickstarter. Or maybe I've been mumbling Goldblum in my sleep.

Well, three days - it's our anniversary on the 13th - but yes. I'm left wondering what I did to deserve them, though.

Oh! Maybe it's because I said I'd give him the Steam code for that DoubleFine game I pledged for in Kickstarter. Or maybe I've been mumbling Goldblum in my sleep.

Man, I've been mumbling Goldblum like crazy lately. It must be going around.

Could it not just be a loving gesture? Also, why are you asking US? :)

I am sitting here writing up a technical design document for a physics engine that I am making for a class that is all about making a physics engine and suddenly I am struck with just how little I care.

The rough draft is due in, oh, 52 minutes. (47 now that I'm done with this post)

I cannot wait to be done with school, once and for all, finally, forever, etc. etc. etc. come the end of this semester. There are a lot of things I would like to still learn, but I think I am done learning them in the academic environment. I will take my master's degree in computer science and run, screaming, hoping I find a job, probably not finding one for a long while.

It doesn't help that also for this school - which I suppose I should mention is DigiPen - I am currently making a goddamned game, my dream job for many years (alongside oceanography, and zoologist, and well I guess photographer in general, though I have no real experience in any of those, it's just kind of a hey that seems like something I would really love? thing), and all I want to do is work on the game, but no, I have two other classes on top of the game project class, and they are interfering with one of the most important couple weeks in said game's development process (important due to a conflict of interest with our artists - they care more about their grades, and we lowly programmers/designers care more about making a great game -) and what in the fuck did I just write? It is incomprehensible. I apologize.

Okay that felt good, back to work.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does an oceanographer actually do? All I see before me is Steve Zissou and that can't be right.

Haha. Study of ocean stuff, basically, I guess? To be honest, it's just a word I've long associated with "ocean is something i like uh huh". I love the ocean. Although very specifically, I would want to study marine biology. Fish 'n' shit. But, like, the cool fish. Coral reefs! Yeahhh.

I finished the TDD and it was horrible. I am not ashamed. I played a game of Dominion with my roommates and won. It was good.

So, I gather, on a research lab? Or on a boat? It seems like an incredibly specialized line of work. Would a company hire you to do some research, or would it be government funded? I meant to inquire more about the practical job application part of it :)

Yeah, that's where my ignorance shines. I really don't know. Like I edited in, "To be honest, it's just a word I've long associated with 'ocean is something i like uh huh'."

It's not anything I've ever actually really explored as a possible professional path (pppppp). My interests are purely superficial. A fantasy, if you will.

Make a game about it!

EDIT:

Ooooo, I wanna play Steve Zissou: The Game. I picture it as a crowd-funded adventure game designed by Tim Schafer.

Ooooo, I wanna play Steve Zissou: The Game. I picture it as a crowd-funded adventure game designed by Tim Schafer.

Want! Where do I sign up?

that's not the Steve Zissou game... or is it? I wouldn't imagine that game to be pure adventure. It should at least have some FPS action in it.

(but yes, I also pledged to to the DF adventure).

I somehow got the impression that this would be the much speculated Steve Zissou game. It is entirely possible be that they are completely separate projects, though.

Actually, my perfect fantasy life would be thus:

1. Buy and run a beach bar. I don't really know why, but the idea of owning a beach bar is really appealing to me.
  2. Buy a sailboat. I don't know how to sail, but I really want to learn.
  3. Make some o' dem indie vidya gams in my spare time, while out on the open sea, surrounded by awesome.
  4. Die happy.

Make a game about it!

I'd like to some day! Something in the vein of Endless Ocean on Wii? That kind of game. But with more stuff. I dunno. That's so far down the pipeline at this point that I've never given it much thought. I have a billion ideas, and as they say, ideas are cheap. U:

I, too, want to play this game.

Oceanography is more like going beneath the surface, dredging up what lies hidden in the dirt and darkness. But then again I go hard for a sonar.

No internet yet, but luckily my phone allows AP tethering. Yaaaay!

SO. Move completed! Kind of. There's 2 more things in my old place I need to pick up, some boxes in the garage and I'll be DONE.

My new place is awesome and quite an upgrade from my previous abode, which was more of a room. SO MUCH SPACE. Yet, also so much stuff to do! I'm going to take my time with it; put together something nice.

Something that's been on my mind lately: if you think about it, kissing is pretty funny, right? I mean, if you just think of it as an action, and then try and take the feelings associated with that action, it's pretty funny. If you got the feelings you get when kissing someone, and were told to try and match those feelings with one action from a list of actions, and, say, you were an alien with no understanding of human emotion, you wouldn't immediately associate those feelings with the act of putting your lips on something and applying a little pressure; this is ignoring the tongue bit, or anything similar.

And sex is, if you think about it, the art of making someone feel a certain kind of pleasure by understanding how applying certain pressure to certain areas in a specific way, all while saying certain words, with, maybe, the proper mood and lighting, can make them release certain fluids in a way they find relieving. And that's the tender stuff; in actual fucking, all you're doing is slamming one bit against another, switching things when necessary and doing a lot of kissing and grabbing. All of this eventually leads to moaning that stems from equal parts sweet pain and fulfilled desire.

So why don't feel laugh? I mean, think about it. Sex is one of the most hilarious things in existence. I know I'm mature. I know I'm an adult. But man, lately I have been unable to hold in my laughing. I haven't even been able to kiss someone on the cheek because of this. I think about how ridiculous it is for one second and I immediately double-up. I remember how people look like doing it and I absolutely lose it. I need to get the idea out of my head, but surely I can't be the only one who has ever thought that sex and kissing are funny?

Edited by Kroms

As odd behaviours deeply hardwired into us, they're hilarious. Genitals also look ridiculous. How good these things are usually overwhelms any urge I have to laugh though.

Oh man, I hadn't even worked condoms or socks into the equation. And beds. The more I think about sex, the more funny it is. And oh man, I'm going to die alone. But I'll probably die laughing.