gdf

Life

Does Canada have labour laws as weak as the US? If so, probably anything he likes, pretty much.

Not even the US has laws that mean you can be fired at any moment for absolutely anything. We certainly don't. And while it's possible to get around these laws by lying, it can be a long, arduous process if people insist on fighting back.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Technically, although he has never said anything about it until recently, the fact that I have finished homework assignments while on the job is grounds enough. It's weird, because in the past I've actively been encouraged to do so as long as all the WORK work is done, but he is within his rights to let me go for it.

EDIT: Just was told that he wants to have a talk with me "in person". I've got a gut feeling that this may be it. Shit. Wish I'd had a chance to get another job first so I could tell him to get fucked myself rather than give him the satisfaction of letting me go.

Edited by miffy495

Oh man, super curious how that is gonna turn out. Best of luck to you, Miffy.

I think, all of a sudden, I'm completely done with all my moving preparations and all I need to do now is pack my shit and move it. Feels good and I'm excited.

BONUS CHALLENGE!! While unsubscribing and subscribing to other things, I came across this Dutch sentence:

Selecteer deze optie wanneer u niet akkoord gaat met het verstrekken van uw gegevens voor dataonderhoud, of het doen van (gerichte) aanbiedingen aan organisaties waarmee u de laatste twee jaar al dan niet een (commerciele) relatie heeft gehad.

If anyone can succesfully translate that into English (or Dutch), then I will gift you a copy of Universe Sandbox, because clearly, you are a master of the universe.

I know it's probably arse, but Google translate (and a little common sense) says:

Tick this box if you don't want your data to be used for account maintenance purposes, or for receiving related offers from organizations that you may or may not have had a previous commercial relationship with.

That's actually pretty accurate, I assume you've redacted it? Anyone, a prime example of confusing double-speak.

Hey Thunderpeel, do you need anymore translating done beca...YOU SCOUNDREL!

Piratepoo, you know how good my Dutch is, I am zwaar de gekste* after all (pass me the gouda* would you), therefore it should be obvious that I translated that for TP.

Many thanks in advance for the game.

ALSO: Miffy, good luck man, make sure you go out in grand style if that's what it's about.

*I'm all out now.

"There is no bad weather, just bad clothes". <-- totally true.

Yep. Had to add another layer of them today as it was -25 C. Felt a lot warmer than yesterday with -15 C

Hey Thunderpeel, do you need anymore translating done beca...YOU SCOUNDREL!

Piratepoo, you know how good my Dutch is, I am zwaar de gekste* after all (pass me the gouda* would you), therefore it should be obvious that I translated that for TP.

Many thanks in advance for the game.

I actually already own the game, so if my translation skills were any good, and you were serious, you should apparently give it to AG! (Even though he tried to take credit for my long, arduous work*.)

* - Two minutes in Google Translate.

Two of my good friends who were dating for four years just broke up. That sucks, they were really good together... or so I thought. I don't think I've ever cared about someone else's relationship before, but I actually feel sad for them.

Also my post finishing one liner: I don't know whose house I'm gonna crash at when I'm in Houston now.

Well, I asked a friend of mine to be the judge, so I can remain impartial! It's Thompson v. Thunderpeel, as Thompson sent me a translation over Steam chat.

(8:42:07 AM) Lucien: Dus... Wie? (So... Who?)

(8:43:34 AM) Dieuwer: Die eerste (That first one)

The winner and master of the Universe is....

THOMPSON

HORNS, DRUMS, MUSIC! DAHNUHNAHNAAAAAAH!

Hey, I sent Thompson his gift and I saw that you already have the thing, Thunderpeel.

YOU ARE RETRO-ACTIVELY DISQUALIFIED. :(

I don't know any Dutch, but I do this in Afrikaans: "O die pyn". Someone at work says it a lot.

He's aching somewhere? A Dutchman would say 'oh, de pijn', but probably with a lot more expletives based on diseases.

Well, I asked a friend of mine to be the judge, so I can remain impartial! It's Thompson v. Thunderpeel, as Thompson sent me a translation over Steam chat.

The winner and master of the Universe is....

THOMPSON

HORNS, DRUMS, MUSIC! DAHNUHNAHNAAAAAAH!

I demand to see this winning translation! Recount! Recount!

It touched me in or around the marriage. But anyway.

Sounds like this week has been shitty for everyone else, too. Hooray!

Actually! Things are pretty awesome for me at the moment. I'm signing the contract for my new place, a lovely 2 bedroom apartment, on thursday. After which I will get the key. Then it's movin' time!

Actually! Things are pretty awesome for me at the moment. I'm signing the contract for my new place, a lovely 2 bedroom apartment, on thursday. After which I will get the key. Then it's movin' time!

See, my experience is that it's all well and cool until you're standing there in an empty apartment with the key in your hand and a truck full of shit downstairs. At which point your day goes to hell.

Sorry about your marital problems, Subbes.

Unpacking and arranging things into a new apartment is fun! The worst part of moving is packing things in and transporting them. Once you get to the point of unpacking and appreciating all the crap you have, that's fun.

The most fun, though, is before you move and you can throw away half of the useless junk that you have. I've actually been doing that all year now - despite not moving at all. I've been sifting through all my belongings regularly and chucking whatever wasn't relevant to me anymore. This weekend alone I threw away a full trashbag of junk, sold 25 books, 2 games and put a truckload of goods on the internet. It feels so good to get rid of stuff!