gdf

Life

Shucks, Nachimir, hang tight there. That's a bad piece of news you got. If the girl is adamant about picking things up with the other guy, well, there's not much that can be done. A shame.

Nach's stuff goes here.

You're a bigger man than I, Nach. Lord knows I would be - and in fact was - an emotional wreck were something like that to happen to me.

Miffy, sorry to hear that. I hope that you find something else quick enough, and that he's not bad enough, that walking out of that cinema for the last time feels bittersweet rather than good. Before this boss, you seemed happy there whenever you talked about it and the people you worked with. Sorry you lost that, please don't let him corrupt that utterly.

If the girl is adamant about picking things up with the other guy, well, there's not much that can be done. A shame.

Yeah, I think it shocked her that I realised that in seconds. It's not so much that she's adamant, it's that when those feelings spring up in your heart there's not much you can do with them along the lines of negotiation or suppression. They control you massively, and can very suddenly realign your motives. I guess those few years reading academic textbooks on motivation and emotion to pick romantic love apart and put it back together are one of the most useful things I ever did. I still fall in love, and it's not like I can control it, but I understand it pretty well and can sometimes sidestep it if it seems like I'm going to need to.

Thanks, Rodi and Speedy. I'm sad, but not so sad that whilst walking home I didn't feel a glimmer of excitement at the idea of chatting up other girls :)

What's weird is I've been far more hung up on girls who were much worse people, even in recent memory. This girl was an adorable person and things had been going very well; much better than any other relationship I'd been in. She'd also shown me some good reasons to trust her, so I have no doubts over this just being buried feelings and shit circumstance.

It feels strange to feel strong just after this. Then again, I have a very busy week ahead, starting with a 9a.m. print deadline tomorrow.

Edited by Nachimir

Yeah, I was incredibly happy there until about 8 months ago, but here we are. As I said though, I'm pretty much guaranteed a classroom in about a year and a half, so I just have to keep on living until then and stuff gets better. I've made some great friends at the theatre, and started there because at the time it was run by two already great friends, so I've had a good 3 year run. Sorry to hear about all your stuff, but glad you're taking it well. Lady issues can indeed be shit, but it's good that she was straight with you about all of it. Good luck meeting your deadline!

Any good anecdotes about your new boss being a dickbag, miffy?

Nach, bad luck old chap. One of the reasons you're feeling okay about it is probably that it was clean and honest, so well done to the both of you, and have fun chatting up those other girls!

I'll wait until I'm sure I'm gone. Unfortunately there are very few outright horrible dickbag moments, just a LOT of small horrible things that have been snowballing since day one.

I'll wait until I'm sure I'm gone. Unfortunately there are very few outright horrible dickbag moments, just a LOT of small horrible things that have been snowballing since day one.

You should completely let him know that he's the reason you're quitting, and how you loved the job before. It saddens me so much that managers don't understand how to manage people -- taking a highly motivated member of the team, and making them want to quit. Way to go, douchebag!

You should completely let him know that he's the reason you're quitting, and how you loved the job before. It saddens me so much that managers don't understand how to manage people -- taking a highly motivated member of the team, and making them want to quit. Way to go, douchebag!

Maybe not him, his boss - yes definitely.

If he doesn't have a boss, then yeah go ahead and let him know.

So my boss just crossed the line and I'm off to look for a different job. Balls. 8 months from best job in the world to absolutely unbearable. Good work, new guy.

Shit, I know how this feels, but I didn't really love the job where the manager changed. It was fine enough before the new guy showed up though in which everything became unorganized and went to shit. I can't imagine how much it must suck on a job you loved, were interested in the material, and got to see rarer gems of films. Plus being a projectionist is just cool all around.

Today my old WoW account was hacked, and I had to reset the password.:violin:

Oh no... you almost got your life back.

Ugh... tomorrow I have to go back to work, end of vacation. I think I need a vacation.

Oh, I haven't played WoW since 2006, a fact which should prove very useful indeed as I pondered what might have transpired.

Oh, I haven't played WoW since 2006, a fact which should prove very useful indeed as I pondered what might have transpired.

It's a shame you couldn't let the guy level you up and then snatch your account back :)

And you've been paying for a subscription since 2006?

You don't need to have a paying subscription for someone to randomly steal it. Had several friend get long-latent accounts hacked. It's weird.

I once had a friend ask if they could borrow my WoW account for another friend, for the weekend, and I don't know why I said yes and never saw the DVD's back again. Recently I was thinking to myself "You know what, that's fucked up" so I reclaimed the account, reset the password and merged it with my Blizzard account. Whoever you are, you stole my game and I don't care that you have like 10 lvl 300 characters. Actually, I don't know what characters are on there. I haven't checked. MY POINT IS, it was like a reverse account hack and it felt good. Yes, that's my point.

Man, I'm finding it really hard to apply other places. I've just sat with my mouse cursor hovering over the "send" button on an email to a place a friend referred me to with my resume attached. I know I should send it. I know I need to get out. I just have such a huge emotional attachment to the theatre. It kills me that it has to go down like this. Sorry to keep coming into this thread and whining, it's just a convenient outlet for me, but it does feel good to at least express this crap. Just... Damnit.

I'm pretty sure he'll be happy when I leave. I'm one of two people here who still stand up to him on his boneheaded decisions and he's starting to get really petty about it. That's part of what the last straw on Sunday was. I'm reasonably confident that if I hint to him or his (unpaid, constantly around spying on the staff) nephew that I'm thinking of leaving he'll just fire me outright to deny me the chance to make a smooth transition.

I'm pretty sure he'll be happy when I leave. I'm one of two people here who still stand up to him on his boneheaded decisions and he's starting to get really petty about it. That's part of what the last straw on Sunday was. I'm reasonably confident that if I hint to him or his (unpaid, constantly around spying on the staff) nephew that I'm thinking of leaving he'll just fire me outright to deny me the chance to make a smooth transition.

Fire you for what, exactly?