gdf

Life

Distract yourself. Seriously. Either way, it's a good tactic. If you're deciding to wean yourself from her entirely, then distracting yourself is a fine start. If you want to work on it more, she needs some time to work some things out herself first anyway and keeping yourself busy with other things will give her some time to. I whole-heartedly endorse Pirate's "grab some substances and some friends" tactic. Get some dumb but awesome movies (Shaolin Soccer or something. Whatever doesn't take much thought but is super fun to watch) and spend a few evenings forgetting yourself. You'll be better for it.

Sorry to hear that Gwardinen, but with regard to Miffy and PiratePoo's suggestion: Yeah, absolutely. What Yufster says is harsh but right. Given what you've told us about the situation and how guy A has been treating her, she's being an ass if she's the one worried about upsetting him. These kind of things run deep though, and you can't exactly change them in others.

Ditto on what Rodi said. When it comes to broken hearts, hope is the enemy of your progress and wellbeing. I did the same thing in my teens with someone, and since understanding how it works, if possible and necessary have got anyone since to swiftly crush all hope relating to them. It speeds up the process of getting over them.

Hope for other, better stuff. There are other people you'll love.

The heart is just a chunk of muscle. It's the brain and the hormones that are to blame.

To blame for me being a complete ass.

Wait, which is ass? Muscle or hormones?

Sorry to hear that Gwardinen, but with regard to Miffy and PiratePoo's suggestion: Yeah, absolutely. What Yufster says is harsh but right. Given what you've told us about the situation and how guy A has been treating her, she's being an ass if she's the one worried about upsetting him. These kind of things run deep though, and you can't exactly change them in others.

Ditto on what Rodi said. When it comes to broken hearts, hope is the enemy of your progress and wellbeing. I did the same thing in my teens with someone, and since understanding how it works, if possible and necessary have got anyone since to swiftly crush all hope relating to them. It speeds up the process of getting over them.

Hope for other, better stuff. There are other people you'll love.

Yeah I don't know why it sounded so harsh, reading back over it... I meant it to be lovely. You know, because while things are bad right now, in a short while he'll be with something epicly well-matched and wonderful and this will be a mere blip in his life.

Instead it sounded like this: :( RAGHRAGHARGH IT'S OVER MOVE ON RAGHRAGHARGH :(

Why do you hate me, Yufster? ;(

Got together with some friends last night, partly as distraction, partly as a kind of group therapy session. Turns out a couple of my other friends were having relationship troubles so it made sense.

However, it actually turns out one of them is having huge, pregnancy-related life-changing problems! It's funny how life can put your own issues into perspective while still not making you feel better about them at all.

Anyway, as always I appreciate the thoughts and advice. As I said to Speedy recently, I'm not traditionally a particularly open person and it's been really great to have the Thumbs' support and relative lack of judgement in this time.

Hey life, my company is going out of business possibly soon. Apparently the owner is aiming for a buyout from some British company who wants some Facebook games.

I kind of hate it here though and feel like I don't get the same creative freedom as I did at the small company I was at before doing kid's games. I also understand Facebook games less than educational games with tons of text and voice over. Play for 10 minutes, wait for and hour, repeat. Sucks no one I know really cares what I worked on because of that obstacle.

Trouble is, I love almost all of the people I work with. My art director is a joy and I have so much respect for a lot of the artists, programmers, and designers here. What makes it suck is there is just a ridiculous amount of micromanagement from a CEO who knows jackshit about games (Used to be a different guy, a coowner, who managed them all, but he bailed a month after I started) plus some people who are basically the CEO's yes men. Guess it's his company, but whatever. If you pay people to be experts in art or design, why not let them do it?

It also sucks I got roped into doing a ton of Flash animation for a company that did not previously have any animation. That's fine, I find it easy, but I get really bored going through the motions and not being able to create art assets. Also no one here has any animation background whatsoever so they get confused when I'm trying to explain things or if programmers have to implement things I set up.

Blah blah blah, I guess I'm still happy to be working in games. For all the bitching, this career still beats any other job I had before finishing school. Hooray for that.

The type of CEO person you've just described sounds waaaaaaaaay too familiar. There are a lot of those, especially in the whole Facebook games thing. Just a bunch of douche bags trying to cash in. That sucks, man.

Hey I got 66 in my first Summative essay at Uni, yay. (Admittedly would've been far happier with a first, but still. Mid-2:1 for my first essay is pleasing enough :) )

Hey I got 66 in my first Summative essay at Uni, yay. (Admittedly would've been far happier with a first, but still. Mid-2:1 for my first essay is pleasing enough :) )

Good job mate. I got 2:1s for a lot of my undergrad and finally made a push in my final year for the first. Now I have three bloody university degrees! Slow and steady wins the race, don't knock it!

Today, my little sister and I went climbing at a local climbing wall. A total meathead approached as we were clambering our way around the bouldering wall.

"I don't normally do this," he called up at us, "but would you like to go for a drink with me?"

Because we had been climbing and therefore had our faces to the wall, I had to turn around to see him, while still clinging to the wall. It was, overall, very awkward and inconvenient.

"Are you talking to me, or her?" I called back.

"Either," he said, "I'm not fussy."

I don't know how he could have come back and redeemed himself after such an horrible start, but that definitely wasn't it.

Yeah, tell me about it. We're both obviously sisters as well, we're very similar. I don't know why it makes it worse to ask two sisters out with the line "I'm not fussy," but somehow it does.

Also, Olivia has this thing where she laughs hysterically when she's nervous, which made it even more dreadful.

When he turned and walked away, I bet he was thinking 'it never goes like this in the hentai! It's all wrong!'

When he turned and walked away, I bet he was thinking 'it never goes like this in the hentai! It's all wrong!'

That's weird. When I clicked on the quote button to preserve Rodi's "When I turned and walked away..." the forum quotes it as "When he turned and walked away..." Did my attempt at preserving a quote for humour's sake get scooped by Rodi's quick editing skills?

Either way, went bouldering myself this morning. Damn is it nice to get up on a wall after a stupid 8am class. Figured as long as I was awake and at the university, I'd use the athletics stuff while I was there. Still home by 11am, and got some good climbing time in. Good day.

A story to tell your grandkids. "Here's how grandad and granma met..." *sniff*

Or your great nephews/nieces, really. Not fussed.

Hey listen, I've already made fun of his pick-up attempt on a public forum, there's no need for me to start picking apart his appearance too. Also, I love soft cuddly programmers who play lots of video games and hate both playing and watching sports, so I would be a terrible judge of how hot a random guy is. And, I was sweating into my own eyes at the time.

Wow it took me so long to write this reply because I kept wandering off to do things, now there are replies inbetween so it's all disjointed. Oh well.

Possible answers are: Yes, doable, or no. I'm all for objectifying the male!

Also, I love soft cuddly programmers who play lots of video games and hate both playing and watching sports

That sounds an awful lot like Toblix...

I'm starting to get back into shape. Aw yes. Not back to my 10-mile daily run, but took it up to four today. Ah, sweet endorphins. How I've missed you.

I tend to have a problem with my weight, because I can gain or lose anything between 5 to 25 kgs in a year and I've gone from being woefully underweight to obese and then underweight again, only to get at a point where I'm fat now but not quite jumbo yet. Well, now I need to get thin without overdoing it and/or ending-up in hospital again. So I'm seeing a dietitian to make sure I eat right. I feel like that made me grow-up a bit or something. Maturity point increase. Ka-ching.

The best thing is remembering how much I like exercising after the first ten minutes. I only stop so I force myself to gradually increase my daily distance as to not wear myself out.