gdf

Life

I know.

It is also the day, it seems, that every Italian within 20 kilometers of Rome travels to Piazza Navona and starts orbiting the market stalls counter-clockwise. I thought was going to die. The restaurant staff actually had to barricade most of the serving area with tables and chairs and various other stuff so that the flock wouldn't trample those that were trying to eat.

Is anyone here Italian? Can someone explain what the fuck was that?

Y'know the way monarch butterflies and salmon migrate? Italians do that too.

Came back from Australia/Thailand yesterday. Holidaying can be exhausting.

Yes, I have heard of that also. I partake in the former more frequently than the latter, but I do try to go to the gym.

Well, of course. The former is portable, and no prep necessary.

My absolute bellend of a former boss got in touch last week, asking for something from me. It's a book I borrowed before leaving.

I have no problem with giving it back, but at my convenience, not his. He keeps emailing demands that suit him and not me. It's been fun so far :tup:

My absolute bellend of a former boss

Can you tell (or have you told) us any bell-end boss anecdotes?

Hey so apart from wanking how would you all recommend I spend my time in order to move on? :D

I recommend picking one large goal that has a lot of components to it to which you can devote most of your free time. When you know what you want to accomplish...even if it's kind of vague, your motivation will shoot through the roof. I have clinical depression and I'm on meds, but eventually I realized that the drugs on their own weren't enough and I had to take matters into my own hands and take actions that would supplement them. I made my main goal for the foreseeable future to learn as much as I could about coping strategies for depression...I read about ten books in the first month and filled a notebook with everything I learned, trying to tie it all together, add my own insights and lessons learned from practical application and create a reference I could always go back to and get the most valuable material with a few minutes rereading. While I was doing this I developed a seemingly bottomless supply of energy and was never bored or without purpose for more than 5 minutes. Two books I'd recommend that I stumbled on through this experience are Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck. These are just general books self-improvement through psychology, not specifically depression related, so anyone stands to benefit hugely from reading them, and they're not cheesy Self-Help, they're presentations of the results of years of intense research written by people who are pioneers in their fields (Dweck is a Clinical Psychology professor and researcher at Columbia University).

Also: in regard to wanking/excercise...the latter will greatly improve the experience of the former (particularly cardio) because...you know...stronger heart, better circulation...(Also: Omega 3s).

Can you tell (or have you told) us any bell-end boss anecdotes?

Not really, I've shied away from anything libellous and/or public about him. I'll send you a juicy PM though. The anecdotes aren't so great, it's the things other people in the industry say about him that are the best bit :)

I might post a bit more about it once this week is over.

Favorite moment: The time he admitted to me that, when he was in his twenties and lived in London, he was basically Nathan Barley. He didn't know that was the nickname one of the other company directors had for him :)

Hey so I started ignoring her, and turns out one of my best friends made out with her the day after we spoke. Of course he knows how I feel. I now feel absolutely shite.

Sorry to hear that Speedy. I know you feel shit now, but your heart can't stay that way even if you try to keep it there. Take time to grieve, but then focus on doing all the other excellent stuff in your life.

I might post a bit more about it once this week is over.

Or something. The anecdotes are potentially libellous and I'll only share them by request in a PM. Ben enjoyed them :)

Here's a safe one: I once intensely annoyed him during a lunch meeting, by quipping to a commissioner who mentioned friends "[boss] doesn't have friends for tax reasons". She laughed loudly, and he treated me a little worse from then on. I knew before I said it that I was going to burn the bridge sooner or later.

Most entertaining were the messages of support I got last year from other people in the industry, after putting a single gripe on Facebook. The best described my former boss as "a solid gold cunt".

I saw him for hopefully the last time today. I ignored his unreasonable demands, and asserted my own. Grumbling and inept attempts to tell me off at first, followed by total capitulation from him :tup:

Don't miss me out if you come up with any new ones! The Twitter one was especially good.